Trading #1 to Miami or Buffalo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Trading #1 to Miami or Buffalo

In our division, Brady's clearly the best QB followed by Sanchez, Fitzpatrick and then Henne (I expected a lot from Henne this year but honestly, I consider Fitzpatrick better than him).

The Jets, for now, are set at the QB position and so are we.

Miami is looking for a future QB and you could say Buffalo may be too.

If the right offer ever came in, do you trade one of our #1's within the division? What would that "right offer" be? Is there any precedent for trading a #1 within a division?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Re: Trading #1 to Miami or Buffalo

There'd have to be one hell of a list of players ( not player ) we'd have to get in return. The Bills are on track to get the top pick in the draft so I doubt they's be willing to offer up anything for another one. Miami is starting hanging Chad this weekend.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

I would trade our #1 to Miami for their 2nd and C Wake OLB.  That would do it for me.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: Trading #1 to Miami or Buffalo:
    [QUOTE]I would trade our #1 to Miami for their 2nd and C Wake OLB.  That would do it for me.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

I would make that deal as well. 

Buffalo doesn't really have anyone I would want, except possibly Fred Jackson. And I would do our #1 in exchange for Buffalo's #2, which in essence is a late 1st round pick, plus Fred Jackson.

At the end of the day, I dont' see any of this happening, but it would surely upgrade 2 positions of need.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

With Carolinas record that would give us the first picks in the second round. When we win the superbowl that would give us 3 picks in a row.

You think they would have cried foul on Moss draft gate...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

LMMFAO , "When we win the SB" , take it easy buddy , we just lost to Cleveland and could only put up 14. We got maybe the most complete team in the league in Pitt and they need a win just as bad as we do. And in terms of trading one of our number one's , well im always for making our team better. If it helps the team win next year then sure. But Im sick and tired of trading away our picks for guys the D.B. Im also sick and tired of people that absolutely no clue what their talking , telling me that "We're building for the future". LOL They say this chit because they think it makes them sound like they know what their talking about. And I hate to break it to you , but we havent exactly been killing it the last 10 years  in the draft. People have this perception that BB and the Pats have this great eye for spotting talent and getting players in the mid-late rounds. Listen Im not saying we do a terrible job , but I think we're a lil' overrated in that department. Some of the talent we missed has been just unexcusable. And some of the guys we picked up instead have just been terrible , sorry but its the truth. And please dont scream Mon. Morning QB'in , I wasnt MM-QB when I was screaming at Little "Take out Pety" and its not the case now. One of the biggest issues I have w/ the Pats is that they limit their choices by drafting "Pats" players. Now I understand every team drafts based on talent , how they would fit in their scheme etc. I just think the Pats do a diservice to themselves by following this standard so strict. C'mon Im sure everyone can remember at least one moment when they were watching the draft , saw a couple guys on the board and just knew they absolutely would not pick that certain player. I wouldnt trade a number one pick for Wake and a number 2. Im sorry but I have this thing for waiting and seeing if a player is going to be an actual player or just a one hit wonder. You do realize this guy was playing in Canada last year. This hes having a great year , Id put in there as a top 5 D player this year , but you cant give up a potential top 10-15 pick for a guy that hasnt even played 2 full seasons. Id try an target a proven pass rusher and a pick back. Maybe Woodley and 2.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

The difference is Woodley is a FA after this year and will command major cash.  Wake is in the begining of his contract, so it makes financial sense as well as team need sense.  I actually prefer that trade to Woodley due to the cap hit when the cap returns.  Plus I love Wake's energy and speed

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

[QUOTE]LMMFAO , "When we win the SB" , take it easy buddy , we just lost to Cleveland and could only put up 14. We got maybe the most complete team in the league in Pitt and they need a win just as bad as we do. And in terms of trading one of our number one's , well im always for making our team better. If it helps the team win next year then sure. But Im sick and tired of trading away our picks for guys the D.B. Im also sick and tired of people that absolutely no clue what their talking , telling me that "We're building for the future". LOL They say this chit because they think it makes them sound like they know what their talking about. And I hate to break it to you , but we havent exactly been killing it the last 10 years  in the draft. People have this perception that BB and the Pats have this great eye for spotting talent and getting players in the mid-late rounds. Listen Im not saying we do a terrible job , but I think we're a lil' overrated in that department. Some of the talent we missed has been just unexcusable. And some of the guys we picked up instead have just been terrible , sorry but its the truth. And please dont scream Mon. Morning QB'in , I wasnt MM-QB when I was screaming at Little "Take out Pety" and its not the case now. One of the biggest issues I have w/ the Pats is that they limit their choices by drafting "Pats" players. Now I understand every team drafts based on talent , how they would fit in their scheme etc. I just think the Pats do a diservice to themselves by following this standard so strict. C'mon Im sure everyone can remember at least one moment when they were watching the draft , saw a couple guys on the board and just knew they absolutely would not pick that certain player. I wouldnt trade a number one pick for Wake and a number 2. Im sorry but I have this thing for waiting and seeing if a player is going to be an actual player or just a one hit wonder. You do realize this guy was playing in Canada last year. This hes having a great year , Id put in there as a top 5 D player this year , but you cant give up a potential top 10-15 pick for a guy that hasnt even played 2 full seasons. Id try an target a proven pass rusher and a pick back. Maybe Woodley and 2.
    Posted by NOT2REGRET[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm this post rambles on and on and on and is very incoherent. It seems like your trying to say "the Pats stink and cant draft." hmmm maybe one less tequila before you log on next time. haha

P.S. "unexcusable?" I believe the word your looking for is "inexcusable" Are you smarter than a 5th grader? In not2regrets case the anser is clearly no!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]With Carolinas record that would give us the first picks in the second round. When we win the superbowl that would give us 3 picks in a row. You think they would have cried foul on Moss draft gate...
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]
    Just remember that 19-0 chant.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]The difference is Woodley is a FA after this year and will command major cash.  Wake is in the begining of his contract, so it makes financial sense as well as team need sense.  I actually prefer that trade to Woodley due to the cap hit when the cap returns.  Plus I love Wake's energy and speed
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]
    I can't see Miami trading within their division again. A little suspect about the Welker trade seeing that BB and Nick Saban are best friends. Shortly after NS is gone to Alabama.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from GEAUX-TIGRES. Show GEAUX-TIGRES's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trading #1 to Miami or Buffalo : Hmmmm this post rambles on and on and on and is very incoherent. It seems like your trying to say "the Pats stink and cant draft." hmmm maybe one less tequila before you log on next time. haha P.S. "unexcusable?" I believe the word your looking for is "inexcusable" Are you smarter than a 5th grader? In not2regrets case the anser is clearly no!
    Posted by Quagmire1[/QUOTE]
    I think that I'm a pretty cerebral guy. Maybe I'll pick your post apart next time just to embarrass you. Deal?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Has anyone asked BB and the Pats about their thoughts? Run it by them.  They listen to the fans on this board every day.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

If you dont believe your team is going to win the superbowl then what kind of fan are ya anyway?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JerrySpringer. Show JerrySpringer's posts

[QUOTE]If you dont believe your team is going to win the superbowl then what kind of fan are ya anyway?
    Well right off the bat I would say he is a fan with some common sense. Just because your a fan of a team doesnt mean you expect them to win a title every year, show some brains will you please?
    Yell

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from weloveme2. Show weloveme2's posts

[QUOTE]If you dont believe your team is going to win the superbowl then what kind of fan are ya anyway?
    bills fan

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

LMAO, really. come on. why ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

This years Raider pick for Cameron Wake and Miami's 2012 #1

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In Response to Trading #1 to Miami or Buffalo:
    [QUOTE]In our division, Brady's clearly the best QB followed by Sanchez, Fitzpatrick and then Henne (I expected a lot from Henne this year but honestly, I consider Fitzpatrick better than him). The Jets, for now, are set at the QB position and so are we. Miami is looking for a future QB and you could say Buffalo may be too. If the right offer ever came in, do you trade one of our #1's within the division? What would that "right offer" be? Is there any precedent for trading a #1 within a division?
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

Interesting idea, especially if, as expected, the new CBA includes a rookie salary cap, making the cost of signing first rounders less prohibitive.  That said, I think BB would have to be blown away to make that kind of deal within the division.  I understand he traded Bledsoe to the Bills, but that was a weird kind of circumstance and I believe BB felt confident that even with Bledsoe, we'd beat the Bills more often than not.  I'm not overly familiar with Buffalo's roster and salary/salary cap nuances, but I'd think BB could do alot better looking to "unload" top draft picks either outside of the division or conference.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]This years Raider pick for Cameron Wake and Miami's 2012 #1
    Posted by harleyroadking1[/QUOTE]

Harley, that is a little unrealistic dont u think?  a little too one sided.  I would just at the #2/rd and wake. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

You gotta shoot high Morde....who knows maybe they go for it because they see and qb for the future in the draft. But yeah it's a little to much in our favor.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Trade within their own division? Help Miami get a player they desperately need? Never happen in the NFL.

I like the idea of dealing one of those number ones (and probably something else) for a proven pass rusher like Elvis Dumerville or Brian Orakpo though. If they can find a guy who's contract is about to expire and who they think they could sign long term, this could happen.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

How about trading our first round pick to Oakland for their first seven picks in the 2031 draft and one of our second round picks to Cincinnatti for their first three picks in 2031 as well.

With so many picks this year it's not too early for BB to position the Pats for Brady's kids graduating from college.Laughing

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]How about trading our first round pick to Oakland for their first seven picks in the 2031 draft and one of our second round picks to Cincinnatti for their first three picks in 2031 as well. With so many picks this year it's not too early for BB to position the Pats for Brady's kids graduating from college.
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

LOL!!

I love the "we should trade #1 picks to division rival" threads, always amusing...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Uh, there's a difference between periods (.) and exclamation points (!) and question marks (?). Notice I asked as a question and asked for examples. Not once did i suggest we go do it.

Thanks though.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

So I'll respond with a question, there are 32 teams in the NFL so why trade to make your division stronger, why not Minny or San Fran? 

And I'm sorry I didn't mean to sound mean, just thought that last guys post was funny.