Trading #22 to the top of round 2.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

Trading #22 to the top of round 2.

Just a prediction here, but I think BB will trade #22 to any of the top 4 teams of round 2 (Rams, Lions, TB, or Chiefs).  I'm not sure what else will be added in for compensation but I think BB will use the pause after round 1 to mull over who to select.  That time will be used wisely.

That recent article really got me thinking about how teams will be drooling for the picks at the top of the 2nd round.  I bet that some teams will easily trade next year's 1st and 2nd for #'s 33-36.  That extra time will have a huge impact on the draft. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Re: Trading #22 to the top of round 2.

Another team that makes sense is Cleveland.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

Ive been saying for weeks/months that if the PATS cant grab a stud , either by one falling to them or trading up then Id try like hell to move back. Problem is that teams like Rams , Lions , Bucs , Chiefs are going to want to stay put. IMHO I think are best chance is w/ the Lions , Bucs , Chiefs or Browns. The Eagles and Rams will want to use theirs. Ive been saying for weeks and have put out a challenge to anyone who thinks this draft is so deep. I dont think its nearly as deep as everyone likes to believe , LOL if its so deep then why is everyone trying to trade out of the first , wheres the depth in the first? I only see about 20 guys that are true first rounders , trust me if teams thought players were worth it they would take them in the first in a second.  Teams would especially be trying to get into the late first. This is a very weak draft in terms of QB's , WR's , CB's , and RB's. I mean C.J. Spiller isnt even an every down back and hes widely reguarded as the number one guy. Same thing at the WR position , Bryant has yet to prove he can play inside the numbers and advertise's his routes coming in and out of his breaks. Its funny how little people on here really know about football , especially since some guys spend every waking moment on this board. Now everyone is jumping on D.Thomas LOL , this guy has ran TWO routes his entire time in college , the deep post and 9 route! WR's are always a risky pick in the first and this year is no exception. Id rather wait until the 2nd or use our 4th round pick on one. Here are some guys I really like , think will make good pros and would fit in w/ us. Tate , all 3 Williams' , Decker , Gilyard , Shipley , Benn , Lafell ,  Barnes , Briscoe , Cooper , Anderson , Hodge and Price. I see tons of second tier players in this draft , not many blue chip's , teams want to get into the second round because they dont want to pay first round money for second round players.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanGermany. Show PatsFanGermany's posts

In Response to Re: Trading #22 to the top of round 2.:
    Posted by DaBlade

I would even say that #33-36 are now more valuable than 30-32.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

With the draft being so deep why would a team move up?  The other thing is the draft is spread out over more days.  Teams have more time to assess the situation, gather their thoughts and continue the next day.  Less chance of getting caught up in the moment.  Thursday holds the first round and that's it.  My thoughts are that teams will hold with what they have and prepare for moves, if any, for Friday.  Yet another time for assessment and the draft continues Saturday. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from looneyman. Show looneyman's posts

If BB Wants to move to the top of the 2nd he can do it with one of the 2nd round picks a 6th, 7th and AD & still keep pick 22

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TateGroup. Show TateGroup's posts

and with the Browns pick we could easily take Hughes, and next year we could take Ingrahm, Robinson, and an OL with our original pick, i hope that happens :D

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I vote for trading for as many of the top 60 picks this year as possible.  If that means moving down slightly from #22...fine.  If that means moving Light or Adalius...fine.  If that means moving OUR pick next year for a top 45 pick this year....Fine.  I would not trade the raiders pick next year for anything less than a top 15 this year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

#22 and Light for a 2nd rounder this year and another first rounder next year

This way they'd be betting on a rookie wage scale to be implemented (although i wouldn't do this until the wage scale was in place because other teams would put it off a year to prevent the Pats from benefitting so much, which is my theory on why they're not rushing to get it done in the first place with the Raiders pick)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dantehopkins. Show dantehopkins's posts

Count me in.  If Graham / Bryant and Odrick are taken above us and barring any other #1 talent slides then bail on the #22 spot and slide down.  If there ever was a year the BB would trade down, well, this would be it... but for godsakes don't touch the Raiders (ours) pick next year...

Someone call Billy B and tell him he has the go-ahead to slide down a bit.

:)

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

#22 and Light for a 2nd rounder this year and another first rounder next year This way they'd be betting on a rookie wage scale to be implemented (although i wouldn't do this until the wage scale was in place because other teams would put it off a year to prevent the Pats from benefitting so much, which is my theory on why they're not rushing to get it done in the first place with the Raiders pick)
    Posted by NickC1188

I think this is a little light...no pun intended.  Our #22 is probably worth more than or about equal to a 2nd this and first next isn't it?  Need to get a 3rd this year for Light I think.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

How about our 1st and 4th to Philly for both of their 2nds?  id like that

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I'd make that swap...
    Especially if it is next years #1 :)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Trading #22 for a top-of-the-round 2nd should net the Pats a 3rd rounder as well. This based on the point value of #22 (780), the value of the top seconds (top 6 range from 520 to 580) and the value of the 3rds (top 6 range from 240 to 265).  This assumes that those point values are truly valid to begin with.  If so and if this draft is as deep as everyone seems to think it is BB could fill a number of needs this year while getting a whole lot younger in the process. 

Just a layman's idle thoughts.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Trading #22 to the top of round 2.: They will trade next year's first AND second to get to the top of round two????? What???
    It is not going to reap much value to trade down in this draft. And nobody knows how it will fall... what if a projected top ten guy falls to 18-25? This happens often. And with teams like the Jets ready to reverse BB strategy of trading down for multiple mediocrity, that is where your trade-ups will be be. The Pats already have 3 number 2's. To trade down again would be assinine.

Just a prediction here, but I think BB will trade #22 to any of the top 4 teams of round 2 (Rams, Lions, TB, or Chiefs).  I'm not sure what else will be added in for compensation but I think BB will use the pause after round 1 to mull over who to select.  That time will be used wisely. That recent article really got me thinking about how teams will be drooling for the picks at the top of the 2nd round.  I bet that some teams will easily trade next year's 1st and 2nd for #'s 33-36.  That extra time will have a huge impact on the draft. 
    Posted by PatsFanGermany

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: Trading #22 to the top of round 2.: Hughes is going to the Cards in Round One. If they pass, the Jets want him and may even trade up ahead of the Cards to get him.
    and with the Browns pick we could easily take Hughes, and next year we could take Ingrahm, Robinson, and an OL with our original pick, i hope that happens :D
    Posted by TateGroup

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Posted by DaBlade
    Though I agree with PatsfaninGermany about the Patriots looking to trade out of round one,I can't see BB intentionally ever helping Mangina do anything except maybe helping him file retirement papers! Mangina has done the unforgiveable he ratted on his mentor!! Also every player that BB has trained on the practice squad that was left unprotected this mutt has signed,he will not be receiving any Christmas cards from BB anytime soon,so I'll venture to guess that trading him draft choices that might help his team is completely out of the question.....

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

#22 and Light for a 2nd rounder this year and another first rounder next year This way they'd be betting on a rookie wage scale to be implemented (although i wouldn't do this until the wage scale was in place because other teams would put it off a year to prevent the Pats from benefitting so much, which is my theory on why they're not rushing to get it done in the first place with the Raiders pick)
    Posted by NickC1188
    Never happen! The patriots might trade out of this years first round but that will be as far as BB will go.He will want as many players as he can get out of this draft,he already owns a top 5 pick for next year.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

High second and High third would work for me.  Then I'd flip the 3rd with a 6th and 7th for a mid to late second...or even make it 3rd and 4th for another 2nd...2nd round is where the value is if all of the experts claiming the first 60 picks have "1st round grades". 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

In Response to Trading #22 to the top of round 2.:
    Rigth now the Pats hold 4 picks in the top 53.  That should net the Pats at least two starters and two players that should be starters in the future.  They don't have a 3rd round pick but do have 4th, two 6ths (one can't be traded) and five 7th round picks (3 can't be traded).  That's 12 picks.  Is there room for 12 rookies on this team?  I say no.  If they traded away their 6th and two of their 7th round picks for picks next year do they have room on the squad for 9 rookies?  I say no.  So to trade for more picks in the second or 3rd round doesn't make sense as you can't have a team with 20 first and second year players.

I say they will grab some quality players pretty much where they are picking in the first and second and then look to deal some of their later picks as they will have to use one 6th and three 7th round picks.  This is a deep draft so it does not make sense trading into next year in the first three rounds.  This is the year you cash in those draft picks because it's so deep.  I say they use all their first, second and fourth round picks and then trade into next year.

You can only add so many rookies each year.  They still have Brandon Tate and Tyrone McKenzie that are pretty much rookies. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

High second and High third would work for me.  Then I'd flip the 3rd with a 6th and 7th for a mid to late second...or even make it 3rd and 4th for another 2nd...2nd round is where the value is if all of the experts claiming the first 60 picks have "1st round grades". 
    Posted by adam4522
    I've been a draftnik since 1960,IMHO this is the deepset draft I've ever seen. OL,DL,LB's,WR's,TE's and combo DB's are stacked QB and RB are a bit light but beyond those 2 positions teams can get fat off of this draft even by accident.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

Stop this madness.

This is the same mentality that resulted in last year's draft day madness.   Seriously,  Michael Oher went to Baltimore because we traded down.  Matthews in Green Bay because we traded down.   Either of those two are better picks than anyone or two of the picks we took last year in the first 3 rounds.

Trade up and get some real, needed talent rather a laundry list of players that may or may not be around in a few years. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Stop this madness. This is the same mentality that resulted in last year's draft day madness.   Seriously,  Michael Oher went to Baltimore because we traded down.  Matthews in Green Bay because we traded down.   Either of those two are better picks than anyone or two of the picks we took last year in the first 3 rounds. Trade up and get some real, needed talent rather a laundry list of players that may or may not be around in a few years. 
    Posted by rolltide1963
    Rolltide do you think Oher is a better LT than Vollmer? Because I'm going with the big german myself.As for your ascertion that Matthews and oher where better than any 3 of the draft choices that the Patriots made last year then i'll come at you with Butler Starting CB,Edelman starting SR,and Vollmer STackle and by the way all of those guys were reaches according to the nitwit at ESPN with the hair. When you draft twelve players and all 12 stick you drafted well or your team needed a serious overhaul...Take your pick either way if I'm BB I'm trying to get as young,fast and as talanted as I can off of this draft as it is the deepest draft in my 50 years of watching the draft. This is one of those drafts where the guy throwing the darts can't get it wrong unless he doesn't hit the board.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

every one says this year is different...as is the patriots.  They have 4-6 solid "holes" that really need to be filled.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Stop this madness. This is the same mentality that resulted in last year's draft day madness.   Seriously,  Michael Oher went to Baltimore because we traded down.  Matthews in Green Bay because we traded down.   Either of those two are better picks than anyone or two of the picks we took last year in the first 3 rounds. Trade up and get some real, needed talent rather a laundry list of players that may or may not be around in a few years. 
    Posted by rolltide1963

I disagree.  I think Sea Bass is better than either. Plus this year we have all the extra picks in a deeper draft.  And to justify that, in the post season redraft that was done, Vollmer went before Oher. 

Sections
Shortcuts