Trading #22 to the top of round 2.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rolltide1963. Show rolltide1963's posts

Re: Trading #22 to the top of round 2.

In Response to Re: Trading #22 to the top of round 2.:
    In Response to Re: Trading #22 to the top of round 2. : I disagree.  I think Sea Bass is better than either. Plus this year we have all the extra picks in a deeper draft.  And to justify that, in the post season redraft that was done, Vollmer went before Oher. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

Oh, please provide that link.  Most of that redraft stuff, including Banks from SI has Oher going in the Top 10.  No sighting of Vollmer in that range.  Vollmer, will be solid performer.  Actually, I think he is the best value we picked last year.  However that does not change reality.  Oher would be a better pick than any two of the 2nd rounders we took last year combined.   Oher was 2nd in offensive rookie of the year voting.  Please, your mouthwash ain't making it, to paraphrase Harry Callahan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: Trading #22 to the top of round 2. : Oh, please provide that link.  Most of that redraft stuff, including Banks from SI has Oher going in the Top 10.  No sighting of Vollmer in that range.  Vollmer, will be solid performer.  Actually, I think he is the best value we picked last year.  However that does not change reality.  Oher would be a better pick than any two of the 2nd rounders we took last year combined.   Oher was 2nd in offensive rookie of the year voting.  Please, your mouthwash ain't making it, to paraphrase Harry Callahan.
    Posted by rolltide1963

The only reason Oher was considered higher was simply do to playing time. Vollmer was used as mainly a backup since the starter positions were filled where as Oher was a starter from the beginning. In the end I think Vollmer will be the better overall player. But if you ant to compare Oher to the total of the trade that would be fair.

So the choice boils down to would you rather have Oher or Butler, Edelman, Tate, and #44 this year. Breaking it down Oher is easily in the top 3 OL to come out last year (and yes I do feel as if Vollmer is in there too) but we got 2 guys with significant playing time in Butler and Edelman who will both be starters this season (Butler #2 cb and Edelman as #3 WR) with Tate being possibly a great #2 or a bust (can't tell yet but I'm leaning towards the #2) and what if #44 is used on a stud wr/rb/olb/de who starts this year? Frankily I'd take 2 sure starters, 1 pontential starter, and 1 high pick in a deep draft over a single OL everyday. Esp when Vollmer makes the drop in talent little to none between him and Oher.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In Response to Re: Trading #22 to the top of round 2. : The only reason Oher was considered higher was simply do to playing time. Vollmer was used as mainly a backup since the starter positions were filled where as Oher was a starter from the beginning. In the end I think Vollmer will be the better overall player. But if you ant to compare Oher to the total of the trade that would be fair. So the choice boils down to would you rather have Oher or Butler, Edelman, Tate, and #44 this year. Breaking it down Oher is easily in the top 3 OL to come out last year (and yes I do feel as if Vollmer is in there too) but we got 2 guys with significant playing time in Butler and Edelman who will both be starters this season (Butler #2 cb and Edelman as #3 WR) with Tate being possibly a great #2 or a bust (can't tell yet but I'm leaning towards the #2) and what if #44 is used on a stud wr/rb/olb/de who starts this year? Frankily I'd take 2 sure starters, 1 pontential starter, and 1 high pick in a deep draft over a single OL everyday. Esp when Vollmer makes the drop in talent little to none between him and Oher.
    Posted by PatsEng
    Good point on the playing time factor of the Oher and Vollmer comparison,when all is said and done based off of what I saw when both were playing I'd prefer Vollmer,Oher was slow in the back peddle and couldn't hold his blocks while Vollmer just dominated folks who are supposed to be all that! It's not his fault that Light wouldn't take a seat or move over to RT. I think he'll be the starting LT this year. Not bad on a winning team with an OLine that doesn't give up sacks as it is.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: Trading #22 to the top of round 2. : Oh, please provide that link.  Most of that redraft stuff, including Banks from SI has Oher going in the Top 10.  No sighting of Vollmer in that range.  Vollmer, will be solid performer.  Actually, I think he is the best value we picked last year.  However that does not change reality.  Oher would be a better pick than any two of the 2nd rounders we took last year combined.   Oher was 2nd in offensive rookie of the year voting.  Please, your mouthwash ain't making it, to paraphrase Harry Callahan.
    Posted by rolltide1963

Actually Banks has Vollmer at 8th in the redraft