Trading Matt Light

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaHindu. Show DaHindu's posts

Trading Matt Light

I duno it might just be me but i think bb is gonna pull off another Cassel like deal since light is in the last year of his contract, hey resigned Kazur, and Volmers freakin Awsome. I duno but if i was bb I'd trade light for a team needy of a LT (seattle).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats3392. Show pats3392's posts

Re: Trading Matt Light

we could probaly get 3rd & a 5th for him

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

do it. get something for him while you still can.  its time to rebuild the trenches, the run starts there.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Light was horrible last year. Voll has earned the starting position over him and if we could get a 3rd rounder for him I'd take it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I'd trade him in a heartbeat for a third and later pick. He's declining, Vollmer is a beast, and we could use the extra picks for the youth movement.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RealtyPats. Show RealtyPats's posts

Tough decision, I'm sure with all the pics we have we'll draft one if not 2 OL, light def has been as good lately, he does alright with bull/strength rush guys but gets killed with the fast guys like Freeney and J Taylor, it's good think we only see those 25% of the season.  Light seems like the guy BB would want to be there to the rookies were ready to be trusted with TB life. 

I would trade him, draft 2 OL, we have 5 viable guys w/o light, vol neal, mankins kacur, connoly.  We have crumpler as well who is an excellent blocker.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Other than Vollmer we have no good tackles.  Even a first round OT would be a crapshoot.  Too bad but we need Light.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

What if we trade M Light and Vollmer is injured? That would be scary! TB 12 will be spending the better part of the season on his back! Unless we find a good sub for Light, he is gonna be a Pat. LTs are hard to come by and I think we need Light.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm with mighty on this one. We have Kazcur who is injury prone and tends to get beat by more powerful and faster lineman. Light might be getting older but he can still hold his own. I'm not sure picks would be worth it. I would love to pick up Veldheer and give him a year to learn instead of tossing him in right away. At best we have a backup LT who could start for more then 2/3 of the league while we have 2 extremely talented young T's and at worst we give a young draft pick time to develope and have a pro-bowl LT protectig Brady with Vollmer on the other side. What downside is there to that compared to getting picks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

Light proved he cannot hold his own anymore. Kazcur had plenty of problems as well. It is true that if Voll gets hurt we have a depth issue there without Light. We probably do hold him for one more year and hope we can draft a replacement. The Pats have had good luck drafting OL players in rounds 2-4. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Hold on guys don't get so uptight about the OL,it only allowed 18 sacks in 18 games. However they did have three players on that line who were injured last year. Light,Koppen and Neal all spent time injured last season,heck Koppen played the second half of the season with a torn knee cap,Neal had serious shoulder issues and Light had a bad shoulder and a knee issue...Vollmer is a stud and he should be playing one Tackle spot or the other. Remember that Ohrenberger,Bussey and Connolly have'nt played much and they are all three very good players! Lets also not forget the big guy Levoir who had a very good season filling in for the lame and the halted. I wouldn't trade Light,but i might consider Logan Mankins or Koppen but only if the price is right and the Patriots could then draft Pouncey.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: Trading Matt Light:
    Light was horrible last year. Voll has earned the starting position over him and if we could get a 3rd rounder for him I'd take it. 
    Posted by Macrawn

Agreed!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Light was not horrible last year.  He has some issues but that comes with being an average LT.  He's very serviceable. 

I think it holds if Light is not in your plans for the next year you trade him.  Very much in the same vein as Seymour.  You don't give him away but if the price is right go for it. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

Light was not horrible last year.  He has some issues but that comes with being an average LT.  He's very serviceable.  I think it holds if Light is not in your plans for the next year you trade him.  Very much in the same vein as Seymour.  You don't give him away but if the price is right go for it. 
    Posted by garytx

Light and Nick will be on the roster this year unless the Pats draft a capable RT that can start or be a Vollmer like back up. Then Nich can go. 

Light knows the system and is trusted by Brady and the $4m he has in the last yr of his contract is fine for the Pats, but who wants to trade for him at that price for only one year?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I very much agree.  Light will more than likely be with the Pats.  My point was the only way that Light would go is if a team made an offer like in the Seymour trade.  Is it likely to happen?  No. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from adam4522. Show adam4522's posts

I'd trade him in a NY second for a 3rd or 4th round pick.  I would then trade koppen and maneuver to draft veldher and pouncy.  You have Ohrenberger and Kazur as your backups, or short term starters.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Light was not horrible last year.  He has some issues but that comes with being an average LT.  He's very serviceable.  I think it holds if Light is not in your plans for the next year you trade him.  Very much in the same vein as Seymour.  You don't give him away but if the price is right go for it. 
    Posted by garytx

I think the Pats might have to wait until after the draft or at least until the draft starts before trading Light because teams would prefer to pick a younger tackle.

Having said this, I think teams that miss out would be willing to give something for Light, perhaps for next year's draft.

I still think Light is better than half of the tackles in the league.  Left tackles don't grow on trees.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Going-the-Distance. Show Going-the-Distance's posts

i'll be curious if any of the following get traded during the upcoming draft:

Laurence Maroney
    Adalius Thomas
    Matt Light

Regarding Light, if traded i think they may be able to procure a 4th-6th round pick for him.  Certainly, not two picks as some have suggested; seems rather optimistic for an aging LT.

Sections
Shortcuts