Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season......

Right now Brady has the most talent around him in his entire career.  Welker is working his way back to 100 percent.  Brandon Tate is like a younger Dante Stallworth, capable of scoring everytime he touches the ball in space.  Hernandez is just a match-up nightmare, Eldeman is a great 4th or 5th WR option, Grakowski will probably keep getting better as the season improves and gives Brady that legit red zone threat that Ben Watson or Daniel Graham never turned into.    Now you want to go and trade Randy Moss?  Are you insane.   Yeah, Moss didn't catch a pass last night, but if he held on to that ball he should have caught on the fake spike for the TD, no one would be complaining.   

Moss is still a top 10 franchise WR.  He creates matchup problems with his speed and size.  If a defense doesn't throw their number one CB on Moss than he'll make plays.  But especially in the red zone, the size of Moss is valuable for the fade routes.    Why take away one of Brady's best weapons for a 2nd round pick or worse.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Re: Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season......

i agree with how bad our D is we cant afford to lose any weapons on O

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

I could see The Hoodie starting trade talk for 2 reasons.   1.  Maybe hit the jackpot and get a first round pick for Moss from the desperate Vikings, then you pull the trigger.    2.  Light a fire under Moss by putting him out as trade bait.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

there might be behind the scenes issues were not aware of as fans.  I also don't agree with trading Moss, and would really hate to believe that the Pats are pulling another Seymour deal by just trading Moss for picks while he still on the roster. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

Something is going on in the lockeroom that we aren't seeing. Do you honestly think the Pats want to trade Moss for a 3rd round pick? Don't be stupid guys come on..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

LOL!  We don't need Moss....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

That might do it for me, as well as a lockout/prolonged labor dispute.

Raising the ticket prices/$45 parking/$7.50 beers pisses me off...trading HOF players DURING THE SEASON for draft picks would be reprehensible.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

The Seymour trade made sense because Seymour was going into the last year of his deal and we got a 1st round pick from the Raiders for.  That was incredible value.   So unless the Patriots got a first round pick for Moss this deal wouldn't make sense.   

The Patriots have the chance to line Grakowski at TE, Moss and Tate at WR, and Hernandez and Welker in the slot.  How do you defend that if Brady gets 3 seconds to pass.  You can't.   

With Moss gone, suddenly Tate will be asked to step up.  Let the young develop for another year and then have him step up.   

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSNS14. Show RSNS14's posts

There is no chance that Randy is granted an extention if this is true. What kind of signal would that send to players that all you have to do is hold a gun to the head of the franchise and they'll cave to your demands? Get rid of him now. And then figure out plan B. Tate can go long.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

I
    n Response to Re: Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season......:
    How long will it take for NE fans to switch from calling Moss the second best WR in the history of football to a bum that (once again) shot his way out of town? One day?  Two days?  A week?  
    Posted by PhatRex

PHATHEAD ....   your deleterious remarks only confirm that you are the bum on this site.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

He has 9 catches in 4 games, looks like he's checked out on the field.  He's shown in Oakland that he's capable of shutting down 100% when unhappy.  Maybe they have to do this despite weakening the short term to accomplish longer term goals with a young team. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBrain3. Show TheBrain3's posts

In Response to Re: Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season......:
    LOL!  We don't need Moss....
    Posted by m1023us

I agree, we won three Super Bowls with Deion Branch and David Givens and made it to the AFC Championship with Reche freakin Caldwell and Jabar Gaffney.

We have enough weapons to still get it done. Don't jump off of a bridge yet Pats fans. Trust in the Hooded One.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

In Response to Re: Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season......:
    That might do it for me, as well as a lockout/prolonged labor dispute. Raising the ticket prices/$45 parking/$7.50 beers pisses me off...trading HOF players DURING THE SEASON for draft picks would be reprehensible.
    Posted by krismk

Good, that weeds out the pink hats!  See ya!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

How long will it take for NE fans to switch from calling Moss the second best WR in the history of football to a bum that (once again) shot his way out of town? One day?  Two days?  A week?  
    Posted by PhatRex

Sorry Peon....I don't know what you are talking about.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The SBs that the Pats won were built around Defense, not offense.  And this team has a passable D at best right now.  Losing Moss would not help this.

If management believes for a second that Moss would lay-down on this team for any reason, they'll happily pull this trigger.  Personally, I really think he's matured over the years.  Anything that's bothering Randy has been kept largely out of the spotlight, if there's anything going on at all.  But I'm sure Favre is paying close attention.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

Sure, we had a weak receiving core when we won the three championships, but we also had a really reliable defense. We can't keep falling back on that excuse. If you are not going to sign Mankins, sign Moss! Don't trade the greatest offensive weapon on the field. 
    Posted by BostonMan4

I don't recall the talks about trading Brady....When did that happen?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mirage123. Show Mirage123's posts

Trading Moss for a 3rd round draft pick is really dumb. What will get in 3rd round another Tyrone McKenzie or Crable?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

A quarterback isn't considered a weapon on offense, and if you didn't understand what I meant by "greatest offensive weapon on the field" you've missed something over the last few seasons. Randy Moss is our greatest offensive weapon, Tom Brady is the guy pulling the trigger. 
    Posted by BostonMan4

LOL!!  Brady isn't a weapon?!?!  Now I have heard everything!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainevent1836. Show mainevent1836's posts

The sky is falling, the sky is falling...relax people! Is Randy Moss a talent, yes. Does he draw double teams that many other receivers don't, yes. Can the Pats win without him, yes.

We hear in New England tend to fall in love with players, and whine, whine, whine went that player is traded or signs else where...its time that we act as adults, support out team and enjoy the ride. Because guess what, we have an awesome team in front of us that will continue to get better. Our coach and owner is all about winning and doing what's best for the team. We may not see it as so, but they are not going to do anything that is detrimental to team. After all they have more to lose by things going wrong then we do, they have way more invested into it. So Relax and enjoy the experience, whether moss is here or not.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

He has 9 catches in 4 games, looks like he's checked out on the field.  He's shown in Oakland that he's capable of shutting down 100% when unhappy.  Maybe they have to do this despite weakening the short term to accomplish longer term goals with a young team. 
    Posted by BSII

He didn't check out last night. They didn't throw the ball to him because they do not want to risk injury and screw up getting their 5th 3rd round pick next year.  Best to have as many as possible so when 1/2 of them turn out to be busts you have a chance on one of them.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

The sky is falling, the sky is falling...relax people! Is Randy Moss a talent, yes. Does he draw double teams that many other receivers don't, yes. Can the Pats win without him, yes. We hear in New England tend to fall in love with players, and whine, whine, whine went that player is traded or signs else where...its time that we act as adults, support out team and enjoy the ride. Because guess what, we have an awesome team in front of us that will continue to get better. Our coach and owner is all about winning and doing what's best for the team. We may not see it as so, but they are not going to do anything that is detrimental to team. After all they have more to lose by things going wrong then we do, they have way more invested into it. So Relax and enjoy the experience, whether moss is here or not.
    Posted by mainevent1836
    Not really. If they can save big bucks and still field a decent team, and lose in the first round of the playoffs, they will be ahead of the game financially.  All they need is a winning team, not a Super Bowl team, to keep the fans and dollars coming in.  See last year and all the players they dumped.  They could have used some of them come playoff time, couldn't they?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rdcameron. Show rdcameron's posts

BSII:  You get rid of Randy and you will see teams defend them much different.  Sure, he only has 9 catches this year, but seriously, did it look like the Pats were trying to get the ball to Moss yesterday and in the game against Buffalo?  It looked as if the Pats had this in mind early on and maybe Moss got some inside information early on and maybe he knew they were thinking of trading him, thus the Moss rant after week one. Say what you will about Moss, but he's no fool. He does have 3 TD's, one over Revis, and another over 3 defenders.  I'm a life-long Viking fan and Moss fan so of course I would be happy to see Moss come back to Minnesota. So all of you Moss-Haters here at the Globe, such as Albert Breer, you may have to find another guy to hate on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

I'm talking a weapon as in a threat to score a touchdown individually every time he touches the ball. Your arguing with the worlds biggest Tom Brady fan here, so don't misunderstand what I'm saying. In my opinion Brady is the best quarterback in the NFL, but I, along with many others, do not consider a QB a weapon, unless he is mobile.  ex: Michael Vick in his prime. 
    Posted by BostonMan4

Sorry, but you would be the only one here that thinks that way.....We won without Moss, we will win without him.

Last I checked, he wasn't really blowing past many DBs lately....Brady was a better QB when Moss wasn't here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

This rumor was started by ESPN.com writer Bill Simmons when he accidentally posted a Twitter  earlier Tuesday night about the possibility of the NFL superstar rejoining his former team.
     "Rumors swirling about a Pats-Minny trade for Randy Moss," he tweeted. He soon deleted the tweet and said that it was supposed to be a private message, "Sorry that last tweet was supposed to be a DM. 
     So Simmons sends a private twitter about some Rumors and then the dorks at Fox sports and the Boston Herald run with it as if it was a fact. 

Sections
Shortcuts