Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season......

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mainevent1836. Show mainevent1836's posts

Re: Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season......

In Response to Re: Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season......:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season...... : Not really. If they can save big bucks and still field a decent team, and lose in the first round of the playoffs, they will be ahead of the game financially.  All they need is a winning team, not a Super Bowl team, to keep the fans and dollars coming in.  See last year and all the players they dumped.  They could have used some of them come playoff time, couldn't they?
    Posted by boomerst3[/QUOTE]

You make a point there boomer, since when is having winning seasons not a good things? Like it seems as if you we can't scrap together a superbowl, the season was a complete failure and fans are jumping off bridges. For me, I'm 21 years old and I got to experience both the winning and losing. I'll tell you, I'm happy we won those superbowls, probably one of the highlights of high school for me but winning in general feels great.

As for the ownership, they make money off winning seasons but the pay out is huge in terms of winning championships. More endorsements, more money from television deals. In the long run, the ultimate goal of this owner is to put the best team he can at a reasonable rate. I'm excited to see what the future holds for this team because I see them as winners for years to come.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1023us. Show m1023us's posts

In Response to Re: Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season......:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, Brady sucked when he threw for 50 TD's in 2007. Besides, every team doubles Moss every play, opening up the field for every other player on our offense. It turns into 11 vs 9 every time Moss steps onto the field. Have you seen the success of guys like Wes Welker on this team? Do you not think that has anything to do with everyones concentration being locked into Moss? Have you seen rookie TE Aaron Hernandez this season? Do you not think that the middle of the field being vacant of defensive players has anything to do with the constant deep threat of Randy Moss? Do you really think we would be better off without that? Do you think, if given the option, Brady wouldn't resign Moss in a heartbeat? Honestly? 
    Posted by BostonMan4[/QUOTE]

Now if Moss is gone, then Brady won't feel like he will have to make him happy and throw into double coverage and give the ball to the other team because Moss won't make the extra effort to get the ball.....

Brady has plenty of extra weapons with the addition of tate, Gronk, hernandez, Alge, Welker and Edleman...maybe Price.  With Moss gone, Brady will now be able to spread the field more.

What bothers me most about this is that I agree with Felger....I never agree with Felger on anything.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

If Moss takes 2 guys with him it's 9 on 9. Moss would take two people, so the net would be 1 for the Pats. The D would gain a guy bc of the qb so it'd be equal. Your math doesn't work.

[QUOTE]Yeah, Brady sucked when he threw for 50 TD's in 2007. Besides, every team doubles Moss every play, opening up the field for every other player on our offense. It turns into 11 vs 9 every time Moss steps onto the field. Have you seen the success of guys like Wes Welker on this team? Do you not think that has anything to do with everyones concentration being locked into Moss? Have you seen rookie TE Aaron Hernandez this season? Do you not think that the middle of the field being vacant of defensive players has anything to do with the constant deep threat of Randy Moss? Do you really think we would be better off without that? Do you think, if given the option, Brady wouldn't resign Moss in a heartbeat? Honestly? 
    Posted by BostonMan4[/QUOTE]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

Anyone remember Terry Glenn? How'd they do without him? It's almost the exact same situation.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from lscheue. Show lscheue's posts

BostonMan4  I agree with you completely. Also,the loss of this amazing athlete will dishearten the fan base. Hope this is a baseless rumor.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Moss stinks in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

trading moss is dumb....trading moss would be a death sentence...

these are same things i heard on weei back when bb grounded glenn. and not too different from what i heard from fans of all-pro bledsoe when he was ready to get back.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from chuchos. Show chuchos's posts

Reports are that Moss asked for the trade.  It's been in the works for 3 weeks.
    Sign me or trade me kind of thing.  I don't know, sounds pretty selfish, and that's not a BB fit.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from akius. Show akius's posts

[QUOTE]Moss stinks in the playoffs.

Posted by mkulacz[/QUOTE]

07 it wasn't Moss's fault.
    08 no playoffs
    09 really yhea moss lost us that one too.

ASSW*PE
    He is one the best receiver's ever to play the game, period.
    We r going to get a second rounder for him and a conditional late round pick.
    With a struggling D, offense was the only hope now our best receiver is gone. I know in the long run we'll be ok but didn't we say that when Seymour left?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

In Response to Trading Randy Moss Would Be A Death Sentence This Season......:
    [QUOTE]Right now Brady has the most talent around him in his entire career.  Welker is working his way back to 100 percent.  Brandon Tate is like a younger Dante Stallworth, capable of scoring everytime he touches the ball in space.  Hernandez is just a match-up nightmare, Eldeman is a great 4th or 5th WR option, Grakowski will probably keep getting better as the season improves and gives Brady that legit red zone threat that Ben Watson or Daniel Graham never turned into.    Now you want to go and trade Randy Moss?  Are you insane.   Yeah, Moss didn't catch a pass last night, but if he held on to that ball he should have caught on the fake spike for the TD, no one would be complaining.    Moss is still a top 10 franchise WR.  He creates matchup problems with his speed and size.  If a defense doesn't throw their number one CB on Moss than he'll make plays.  But especially in the red zone, the size of Moss is valuable for the fade routes.    Why take away one of Brady's best weapons for a 2nd round pick or worse.
    Posted by DuncanOrange[/QUOTE]

Only way Pats should be considering this is if they are offering Jared Allen or Adrian Peterson in return

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

If Moss wants out, screw him.  Deactivate it week in and week out to punish him, don't trade him for below value.   It's not the same as Terry Glenn.  Terry Glenn never produced for BB like Randy Moss did.  Terry Glenn was a punk who challenged BB on authority by acting up, BB had no choice but to cut him loose, because BB didn't have three Superbowl rings, he was a hack head coach from the Browns. 

Now BB is one of the greatest head coaches of all time.  If he decides to keep Moss, even as a punk, Moss won't take over the locker room.  He has TOM BRADY who owns that locker room.  He's got guys like Fred Taylor, Matt Light, Wes Welker, Vince Wilfork, etc.. guy  who have their back.  

Patriots need Moss, Moss needs the Patriots, they need to work it out if either one is going to get a ring. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

Does anyone remember 2006?  Anyone at all?  We nearly made it to the SB despite having hardly any good weapons.  We had Caldwell.  We got Gaffney well into the season.  Troy Brown started the year on PUP.  

With or without Moss, I believe our next run begins next season.  That said, Brady's best season (to me) was in 2006.  He did so much with so little.  He has way more to work with now than he did in 2006.  Let's not all jump off of a cliff over this.  I really like Moss, but my fondest memories of the Pats and Brady are really when they had a bunch of no-names.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from amcda004. Show amcda004's posts

If Moss wanted to be traded, I don't think he would've been on the sideline getting everyone pumped up.  Moss looks like he's lost a step because he's on the field more than any other player other than Brady.  Moss on the field puts pressure on the opposing D because they always have to worry where he is because he can flip the switch anytime.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bspikes55. Show Bspikes55's posts

[QUOTE]I could see The Hoodie starting trade talk for 2 reasons.   1.  Maybe hit the jackpot and get a first round pick for Moss from the desperate Vikings, then you pull the trigger.    2.  Light a fire under Moss by putting him out as trade bait.

Those are 2 good points, the vikings have a 69 year old qb thier in win now mode, they might be able to be haggled into giving up a first rounder for moss, by the nfls best businessman Bob kraft

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Bad idea to get rid of Moss at this time.  Very bad idea!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

Well the 2 TE set plays big role this season for us, this could be it, very likely tsk

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

bump

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Could it be the Nomar trade of 2004 for the Pats?  Hmmmm.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

That was great!

Thanks for reminder of the hysteria.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from jazzpelli. Show jazzpelli's posts

The biggest issue I've always had with Moss is that HE DOES NOT BLOCK downfield.  Just watching Branch and Welker attack opposing secondary players on runs is beautiful.    Those two are a big reason why the Pats are able to rip so long run players especially on those Woodhead scampers.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Thanks for the memories.  I was in favor of the Moss trade from the beginning and it has worked out.  My rationale for it was that he had lost a step and was going to be like thirty five in 2012.  Assuming the possibility of no season in 2011, would you ink a big new contract this year for a receiver who would be thirty five in the possibly the next real season, who was showing signs that he was not getting sepeartion against DBs any longer?  The PATS wouldn't and they didn't.  This trade made the season.  Good move. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DuncanOrange. Show DuncanOrange's posts

I admit I was wrong.  Death Sentence was too strong of a word, I still thought we'd make the playoffs without Moss, but not win a Superbowl.   At the time I thought Patriots defense was bad, which it was, but I figured the Patriots would have to score in the high 30's a lot of time to win ball games. 

Plus no one could have imagined Branch coming back and turning into such a playmaker, the guy was a huge bust in Seattle.   Tate still hasn't developed into the reliable deep threat, but that's okay because of what Branch, Hernandez, Gronkowski, and Woodhead have done for the big plays.    

At the time I believed Moss playing with more talent than he has his entire career (maybe the 1998 Vikings had better offensive talent) he would have to get single matchups.  I really underestimated the MORON FACTOR that is RANDY MOSS, I wasn't the only one, the Vikings and Titans did as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNut5480. Show PatsNut5480's posts

[QUOTE]I admit I was wrong.  Death Sentence was too strong of a word, I still thought we'd make the playoffs without Moss, but not win a Superbowl.   At the time I thought Patriots defense was bad, which it was, but I figured the Patriots would have to score in the high 30's a lot of time to win ball games.  Plus no one could have imagined Branch coming back and turning into such a playmaker, the guy was a huge bust in Seattle.   Tate still hasn't developed into the reliable deep threat, but that's okay because of what Branch, Hernandez, Gronkowski, and Woodhead have done for the big plays.     At the time I believed Moss playing with more talent than he has his entire career (maybe the 1998 Vikings had better offensive talent) he would have to get single matchups.  I really underestimated the MORON FACTOR that is RANDY MOSS, I wasn't the only one, the Vikings and Titans did as well.

I for one thought Branch would come back and be successful with the Pats.  If you look at his time in Seattle the things that were holding him back were the system he played and his injuries.  The system they ran in Seattle did not mesh well with Branch's skill set.  He fits the Patriots offense like a glove and always has.  I thought if he could be injury free he would be successful. 

On the other hand I thought Tate would be much better than he is.  I thought after the Moss trade he would really have a chance to shine but he hasn't.  It is basically his rookie year so I'll reserve judgement. 

In all I was excited about the Moss trade when it happened.  It wasn't working anymore just throwing the ball up to Randy and seeing if he'll catch it 10 times a game.  Teams caught on to that.  Stretching the field is overrated and the Patriots have proven that.  They have gotten back to their old offense during the super bowl years.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

It kinda makes you wonder what could have been if Moss never played here and the Pats had continued to play Pats Football!