Trading with K.C. for the Playoffs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Trading with K.C. for the Playoffs.

Hear me out please!  The Chiefs season is pretty much headed into the toilet, Larry Johnson is one player the Chiefs will probably want to get rid of.  When Novemeber and December comes around and the wind and cold kick up, the Pats are going to need a solid running game.  Taylor has been great and I like BJGE potential.   But to expect Taylor to be 100% throughout the season is pushing it.  The Chiefs are probably looking at a 1-6 record at best, likely 0-7 heading into Nov with the Giants,Cowboys, Skins, and Chargers on deck before their bye week.  Should the Pats make a move for Johnson heading into the Playoff push?  The Pats need to keep a strong running attack to win late in the year and playoffs, I'm certainly not talking about a high pick for Johnson, but we could always up the ante for some extra players.   Thoughs? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

Re: Trading with K.C. for the Playoffs.

Sure....only after BB and Co. have a long talk with Johnson like they did with Randy Moss to see if the guy's head is still in the game (along with passing a physical, of course)...even if he is willing to come to NE, how much is left on HIS gas tank?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

LJ has two drawbacks. First, he has way too many miles on him. Second, he can be a problem child. There is no problem with the running game, they just haven't been utilizing it. Fred Tatlor and Sammy Morris are both good backs who can carry the load. Who knows if Maroney will ever be healthy, but they still have BJGE. At this point the only position I'd think might be worth trading for is OLB. RBs are a dime a dozen, and this team simply does not feature the run that much. Not to mention LJ would want top dollar. At this point I'd rather they traded for a 3rd WR, as Galloway seems like he cannot fill the void left by Gaffney leaving. Other than that I think the offense is pretty well set.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Achainsaw. Show Achainsaw's posts

I dont see them doing anything at wr for a little while. They made a commitment to developing Edelman, jury is out on Galloway, they are watching Nunn closely I would assume, and their 3rd round choice(Tate) is in the plans perhaps after week 6(well, they may want to activate him). Too many unanswered questions, nothing gonna happen. Anyway, I dont see them letting any borderline WRs seeing the playbook.

Since they didn't make a move quick for a LB, they must think mayo is gonna be back sooner rather than later. If nothing happened yet, probably wont

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

Two words:  Salary Cap

That is one of the big reasons you do not see player for player trades in the NFL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Bub, I'm not sure about L.J. and getting top dollar at his point in his career(down year), but I don't know anything about his contract details.  He's playing on a bad team and at 29 he should have plenty left in the tank.  But the Pats could probably get back Vrabel for next to nothing.  The Chiefs also have some WR's that might be expendable, Bobby Wade for example.  I'm not talking about a high pick here, just something to pickup some extra horses for the playoff push.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from steve1581. Show steve1581's posts

In Response to Trading with K.C. for the Playoffs.:
    [QUOTE]Hear me out please!  The Chiefs season is pretty much headed into the toilet, Larry Johnson is one player the Chiefs will probably want to get rid of.  When Novemeber and December comes around and the wind and cold kick up, the Pats are going to need a solid running game.  Taylor has been great and I like BJGE potential.   But to expect Taylor to be 100% throughout the season is pushing it.  The Chiefs are probably looking at a 1-6 record at best, likely 0-7 heading into Nov with the Giants,Cowboys, Skins, and Chargers on deck before their bye week.  Should the Pats make a move for Johnson heading into the Playoff push?  The Pats need to keep a strong running attack to win late in the year and playoffs, I'm certainly not talking about a high pick for Johnson, but we could always up the ante for some extra players.   Thoughs? 
    Posted by Grogan77[/QUOTE]

uMMMM NO THAT IS COMPLETELY RIDICULOUS. LJ IS DONE ANYWAY. 

SHEESH!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

after seeing fred taylor yesterday.a runningback is far from needed,and one in his 30,s.the pats have three in there 30,s.receivers are needed.at least good back-ups.now possibly a DT depth.[sands] as you put it could be signed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

He's playing on a bad team and at 29 he should have plenty left in the tank.

Tomlinson is only 30 and look at him. He can't stay on the field. And LJ has a lot more carries than him. I just don't see him as an upgrade to Taylor and Morris. And as for making the playoffs, a RB will not be the difference. Tom Brady needs to get back to form, and the passing game needs to start clicking. I still think a third WR is the only real weakness on offense. Even if Galloway gets on the same page with Brady, I don't think he has the heart to replace Gaffney. He just doesn't look like it to me. Brady didn't seem all that pleased with him, either. After a misfire with Randy, they get together on the bench to work it out. Galloway was just standing by himself yesterday looking disinterested!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to Re: Trading with K.C. for the Playoffs.:
    [QUOTE]after seeing fred taylor yesterday.a runningback is far from needed,and one in his 30,s.the pats have three in there 30,s.receivers are needed.at least good back-ups.now possibly a DT depth.[sands] as you put it could be signed.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE] nice call.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/player_main.aspx?sport=NFL&id=1767

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]He's playing on a bad team and at 29 he should have plenty left in the tank. Tomlinson is only 30 and look at him. He can't stay on the field. And LJ has a lot more carries than him. [/QUOTE]

With all due respect WTH are you talking about? LJ has far, far less carries. And if you count 'touches,' which is the real indicator for RB mileage, then they aren't in the same league.

I would think, from a KC perspective, the fact that LJ has relatively few touches for his age is a selling point to potential trade partners. He has about 1500-1600 IIRC, and most 'feature' backs have a figure closer to 2500 by his age.

NE won't be trading for, regardless, but it has nothing to do with mileage.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]after seeing fred taylor yesterday.a runningback is far from needed,and one in his 30,s.the pats have three in there 30,s.receivers are needed.at least good back-ups.now possibly a DT depth.[sands] as you put it could be signed.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

Moss, Taylor looked great against Atlanta.  But where talking about the long season ahead.  I hope Taylor stays healthy, but he didn't get the name "Fragile Fred" for nothing.  I'm only bringing up K.C. as a trading partner because of their history and the fact that K.C. is headed nowhere.  Their are other players on K.C. that might also be worth a look to fill some holes.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[QUOTE]Two words:  Salary Cap That is one of the big reasons you do not see player for player trades in the NFL
    Posted by provpats[/QUOTE]

From what I've heard, the Pats do have space after the Seymour trade. 3-4 mill according to sports radio.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]LJ has two drawbacks. First, he has way too many miles on him. Second, he can be a problem child. There is no problem with the running game, they just haven't been utilizing it. Fred Tatlor and Sammy Morris are both good backs who can carry the load. Who knows if Maroney will ever be healthy, but they still have BJGE. At this point the only position I'd think might be worth trading for is OLB. RBs are a dime a dozen, and this team simply does not feature the run that much. Not to mention LJ would want top dollar. At this point I'd rather they traded for a 3rd WR, as Galloway seems like he cannot fill the void left by Gaffney leaving. Other than that I think the offense is pretty well set.
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

bub and ALL:

I agree with you bub whole-heartedly here...  RE: RB on the Pats, With BJGE splitting time with Morris/Taylor ( and they would be splitting time with each other when Morris is healthy), The Patriots should have a more than adequate healthy ground attack come Playoffs (anything we get from Maroney from here on out this year, I consider a bonus)...

RE: WR on the Pats, They have 2 or 3 young guys that I'd much, much rather see developed than trying to bring in (and subsequently "learn") what BOTH Welker and Moss refered to in their 1st season on this team, as (not verbatum, but close), "...an extremely complicated Offense."  So the rookies are already farther along where even a vet (see Galloway) would be IF coming in, AND BB and Co. can use that money through the course of this year to extend contract(s) of our existing Patriot Players...

BUT IF HOWEVER, They are to spend Money (and Picks), I agree with bub that BB should look towards strengthening an anemic Pass-Rush with a Rush OLB in some form of a Willie Mac of old (a void we've never really filled since his departure)...  I would say You'd have to look towards a player who would provide an immediate impact, have a contract with his team that expires within 2010 (maybe 2011), and ideally towards a team that has MORE than 4 OLBs on their current staring Roster (and ideally the player is under 30 years of age)...

Now, I'm pretty tired, BUT for ANYONE interested, I offer Walterfootball.com's Link (a fantastic Draft site too) for existing contracts for ALL NFL Teams below...  I, myself, got from Arizona through Denver, and ONLY found some of the aforementioned criterion for picking up an "Impact" rush-OLB in Denver (5 OLBs, a few with expiring contracts, but NO real 'impact' performer) AND in Dallas with Demarcus Ware (27 years old, 2010 contract expiration date, but Dallas only has 4 OLBs-like 90% of NFL teams)...

Here's the Link for ANYONE interested:
    http://walterfootball.com/freeagentscontractsden.php

Thoughts ANYONE?   

Sections
Shortcuts