Training Camp WR Battle!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Training Camp WR Battle!!

Training Camp Winner Contest
    one spot : 4 contenders:
    1. Branch - old and reliable - lost some speed - bradys best friend .
    2. Ocho - still learnimh the play book , potential but where is it ?
    3. Stallowrth - last time he was here in 2007 was a good 3WR lost time in the end of the season
    to gaffeny- 4 years later does he have the speed ?
    4. Gonzalez - great potential - injury prone has yet to make any impact .
    5. Edelman - i think his spot is safe PR + Safety at need .

why one roster spot , the pats will draft a Wr in the first two round ,
    who will be there in the end

my guess branch and some outside chance for stallworth

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Re: Training Camp WR Battle!!

I'll guess: Welker, Lloyd, Branch, Ocho, Edleman (Unless we draft a KR), Gonzalez
    If we draft a KR (Rainey etc), I say Edleman gets traded and we keep Stallworth.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

It will be a fight between Edelman and Gonzalez.  I think one of these guys go, edge to Edelman.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Doubt pats draft a wr early. They don't have good luck, try to sign proven guys seems to be the approach

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgomez. Show bgomez's posts

Those guys are not fighting for one spot. They are fighting for 4 spots. Gonzo is the odd man out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Think that Gonzalez wont make it, he's been hurt for the better part of 2 seasons and is a tackle away from making it another.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Training Camp WR Battle!!:
    [QUOTE]Stallworth should be in prison, Ocho should be in Hollywood, Gonzalez should be out for the season any minute now, Edelman should have been cut last year, Branch should be giving a retirement speech.
    Posted by ricky12684[/QUOTE]

not bad. funny and almost true. :)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Lloyd and Stallworth replace Underwood and Tate from the game one roster last year.

Gonzalez battles Edelman for a spot. Edelman gets a spot on the roster for ST and maybe D but he is on the bubble unless he makes big impacts on ST (or finally makes a huge breakthrough on O)

We keep Lloyd, Stallworth, Welker, Branch, Ocho as well as at least one of the above.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Lloyd and Welker are pretty much definite (assuming Welker signs the tender) for two spots.

Ocho and Branch seem highly probable to take another two spots, though it will depend on how they do in camp relative to the others behind them. 

Stallworth, Gonzalez, Edelman, Underwood, and possibly a rookie or two will be fighting for the fifth spot.  If there's a promising rookie or one of the other guys on this list has a good preseason, Ocho or Branch could be in trouble. 

Slater will be in the sixth spot.

I could see them carrying seven WRs this year as well, which would mean one more slot for the Stallworth, Gonzalez, Edelman, Underwood, rookie crowd. 

My guess is Lloyd, Welker, Branch, Ocho, unknown rookie, Slater, and maybe Edelman.  Underwood will be on the practice squad.  But of course, this is just a guess.  I'm sure BB has no idea yet--he needs to see the guys in camp and preseason to make a decision.  At this point, all he's trying to do is bring in enough competition to allow him to have sufficient options when cut-down day arrives. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from yakv. Show yakv's posts

Tough competition will be coming in training Camp.
    Branch And Ocho are not given , if stallworth has got the speed he might
    bump ocho out ,
    edelman and Gonzalez will fight for the same roster spot edelman will make it.
    if the pats draft WR in round 2-3 he will against branch .

Dont think there will carry 7WR , with light and waters probably retiring ,
    and having a FB like larsen the pats will carry an extra OL .

So there will be 6WR :
    Welker,
    Llyod,
    Stallworth
    Branch Or rookie WR
    Edelman,
    Slater

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

I disagree. I don't think that we will be drafting a WR in any of the top rounds. There's simply no need with other spots being more important (read Defense)

Welker, Lloyd are a #1/1a combo
    Ocho and Branch are decent #3's
    Stalloworth was a great #3 for us in 2007
    Gonzalez is a decent #4 with upside
    Edelman is a very versatile player with great special teams capability.

That's 7 guys - pretty typical load of WRs on the roster. Most of them are fairly young/in their prime.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It is Stallworth and Ocho fighting it out for 1 spot

Edelman and Gonzalez for the other

Stallworth is insurance in case Ocho just can't get it. Chad has more upside, but Dante can better Chad's '11 15 catches as the 5th option with his eyes closed, so Ocho better watch out.

We have the best slot guy in the game in Welker, so why the h#ll do we need TWO more? Gonzo/Edelman or jsut there in case Welker doesn't get extended, to make him feel less needed in negotiations.

I extend Wes asap and trade Edelman for a 5th or 6th...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mooney12. Show Mooney12's posts

Slater isn't an offensive player. If Gonzalez is healthy, I'll take him over Branch. It should be Lloyd Welker Stallworth Gonzalez Ocho. Don't know how they will keep everyone happy and split the snaps.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ET27. Show ET27's posts

In Response to Re: Training Camp WR Battle!!:
    [QUOTE]Tough competition will be coming in training Camp. Branch And Ocho are not given , if stallworth has got the speed he might bump ocho out , edelman and Gonzalez will fight for the same roster spot edelman will make it. if the pats draft WR in round 2-3 he will against branch . Dont think there will carry 7WR , with light and waters probably retiring , and having a FB like larsen the pats will carry an extra OL . So there will be 6WR : Welker, Llyod, Stallworth Branch Or rookie WR Edelman, Slater
    Posted by yakv[/QUOTE]
    sounds right

Sections
Shortcuts