Trent DIlfer and Steve Young rip Pats D

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: Trent DIlfer and Steve Young rip Pats D

In Response to Re: Trent DIlfer and Steve Young rip Pats D:
    [QUOTE]You guys do realize they get told what to say and get paid well for it don't you?
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Yeah, to an extent.  Like in those round tables.  

And you can tell Jaws has his analytical comments scripted.  He seems astute when he sticks to his scripted points.  But then he improvises (they all do, thus the live F-bomb last w/E) and screws up a guy's name or a rule or lets his bias shine through way too much for comfort.

Let's face it, while a lot of these have a tough job, a lot are not too bright. I run into more intelligent commentary here than I do reading the articles or watching the NFLN. I learn more here.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I kind of agree with Young.

First off I'm sure the defense as it stands now is not the way Belichick envisioned it would be. I imagine he pictured Haynesworth, Pryor and Wilfork pushing the pocket and Wright and Carter cleaning up the edges. I'm sure he was thinking Cunningham, Spikes and Fletcher would be making a difference by now.

Injuries happened - guys didn't develop. I highly doubt he thought Love would have to play so much, same for White, Guyton and whoever they have playing safety this week. I also think he was expecting Ellis to do more than sulk his way out of the locker room after a 34 to 3 win.

Despite all that he's got to be pleased with the edge pressure of Carter and Anderson of late. We will be getting some guys back and Belichick will round them into something before the playoffs begin...will it be enough? I don't think so.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Dilfer yes (he even said that the Ravens, yup same team that lost to Seattle, were much better than the Pats) but Steve Young was defending the Pats. Not sure what you were watching. I think the most annoying part of the game was Tirico throwing out the running up the score card again. Does anyone recall if he made a similar comment when Green Bay was trouncing Minnesota by 45 points last week?
    Posted by CaptainZdeno33[/QUOTE]

he may have been thinking dilfer and riley, they were the guys pointing out the realities of the d.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trent DIlfer and Steve Young rip Pats D : Care to explain how Palko, he of his first NFL start, passed for just about 300 yards? How about those three INT's? I saw one touched by a Chief WR and another that the WR didn't come back for. Yet, we gave Brady the "pass" after his two BIG Int games (not his fault if the WR either doesn't run his route right OR doesn't catch the ball).  CLUE TIME:   Being DFL in passing defense and near the middle of the pack overall is NOT an inspirational thing, nor is it subjective. The Pats defense does not strike fear in the hearts and minds of any NFL team, nor the Main Street Chipmonks. Look at their three losses and tell me how they lost. It was via the air. You can bend all you like, but eventually you will break. This defense has me concerned about yet another one and done scenario, come January. Stop defending this bunch as being "underrated" or picked upon. They are also no longer "young ans still learning". Yes, they won big last night. But I believe if Cassell was playing the outcome would have been a heck of a lot closer, if not different. Let's see what Philthy-delphia is able to do, AND what Brady & Co can do against THAT defense.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

azpat,
    thanks for another dose of reality. thats all im saying (what you say above).
    if cassel plays they may not throw the picks, but i dotn htink the chief would have had a chance to win.

pittsburgh and baltimore can throw and can defend the pass and wopnt be threatened by our run.

play vereen and ridley and see if we can develop another threat.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]Young, quick, smart and fast pass rushers? We don't have them.

exactly

Also, I get a sick feeling when I think about what the Saints or Packers QBs (it hurts just to type their names) could, and would, do to our secondary.  
    Posted by JoeFoyFan

what about what rapeyburger did against us earlier

and torrrey smith and ray rice against us if we face them in the payoffs

its gonna be tough

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]the d suffers the same problem that people here kept pointing out for weeks - the lack of variety, making the d so predictable. now that the pats some pass rush from carter and anderson, they sem to be approaching the pass rush the same way over and over again. every now and then i would see a twist, but basically the same, at least the same guys. eventually, other teams figure it out and plan for it. if they don't vary their pass rush, we'll see no sacks in the phi game. same applies to the secondary. and this explains why they have intereceptions typically in or near the red zone. in the bend but don't break approach, the DBs and Ss are are making sure they keep the receivers in front of them. knowing that, receivers expand the field by letting their intermediate guys push up a little more so there's a big open lane going from side to side about 10 yards wide. if the dbs are every now and then allowed to quickly move five yards in towards the qb just as the qb starts the throwing motion, they.. 1) would be disrupting a lot of those passes that now are being completed 2) would counfuse the qb, who will now be less daring in throwing that pass when they get near the end zone, there is no space for the receivers to expand the field. effectively, the dbs are able to do the above more easily. these problems are fixable. the easy schedule gives them the time to expand their approach to d and the reps for the players to master them. it's like having 6 preseason games, but tougher becasue the other side is doing everyting they can to beat the pats. i really think we'll see a much better, more complete d before the reg season ends.
    Posted by seattlepat70[/QUOTE]

seattle one can only hope.
    but why if they can change that going forward have they not done so by now. assuming they will to me is a big assumption and i dont know what would make one think they will do it if they havent by now?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]I kind of agree with Young. First off I'm sure the defense as it stands now is not the way Belichick envisioned it would be. I imagine he pictured Haynesworth, Pryor and Wilfork pushing the pocket and Wright and Carter cleaning up the edges. I'm sure he was thinking Cunningham, Spikes and Fletcher would be making a difference by now. Injuries happened - guys didn't develop. I highly doubt he thought Love would have to play so much, same for White, Guyton and whoever they have playing safety this week. I also think he was expecting Ellis to do more than sulk his way out of the locker room after a 34 to 3 win. Despite all that he's got to be pleased with the edge pressure of Carter and Anderson of late. We will be getting some guys back and Belichick will round them into something before the playoffs begin...will it be enough? I don't think so.
    Posted by mthurl[/QUOTE]

mthurl, thanks for yoru honesty.
      i think we could win our first playofff game. we need to be lucky to win our second. and we need to be lucky enough thast gb loses to a team we can beat for a shot at the super bowl. not out of the question in my mind. but not easy and we will need some luck.
       however (as a fan) if you knew for ahead of time we would lose ie in the super bowl. would you rather go, or lose earlier in the playoffs and get draft picks earlier?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

The funny thing is, two weeks ago Dilfer claimed that GB would win the NFC.

They've got the 2nd lowest-ranked D. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

I used to like Young, but he's starting to wear thin. He butts in when others are talking, and he regularly gets taken to the hoop by Dilfer after saying something questionable. My take on these two is that there is friction off camera.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Trent DIlfer and Steve Young rip Pats D : Yeah, to an extent.  Like in those round tables.   And you can tell Jaws has his analytical comments scripted.  He seems astute when he sticks to his scripted points.  But then he improvises (they all do, thus the live F-bomb last w/E) and screws up a guy's name or a rule or lets his bias shine through way too much for comfort. Let's face it, while a lot of these have a tough job, a lot are not too bright. I run into more intelligent commentary here than I do reading the articles or watching the NFLN. I learn more here.  
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

Jaworski could hardly contain his glee when the Pats were scuffling early last night. Integrity? Maybe, but it does make you wonder.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]The funny thing is, two weeks ago Dilfer claimed that GB would win the NFC. They've got the 2nd lowest-ranked D. 
    Posted by soups[/QUOTE]

gb is stil the odds on favorite to win the nfc. thats not a bad pick.
    im just rooting for sf or soemone else to beat them in the playoffs

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Trent DIlfer and Steve Young rip Pats D : Care to explain how Palko, he of his first NFL start, passed for just about 300 yards? How about those three INT's? I saw one touched by a Chief WR and another that the WR didn't come back for. Yet, we gave Brady the "pass" after his two BIG Int games (not his fault if the WR either doesn't run his route right OR doesn't catch the ball).  CLUE TIME:   Being DFL in passing defense and near the middle of the pack overall is NOT an inspirational thing, nor is it subjective. The Pats defense does not strike fear in the hearts and minds of any NFL team, nor the Main Street Chipmonks. Look at their three losses and tell me how they lost. It was via the air. You can bend all you like, but eventually you will break. This defense has me concerned about yet another one and done scenario, come January. Stop defending this bunch as being "underrated" or picked upon. They are also no longer "young ans still learning". Yes, they won big last night. But I believe if Cassell was playing the outcome would have been a heck of a lot closer, if not different. Let's see what Philthy-delphia is able to do, AND what Brady & Co can do against THAT defense.
    Posted by AZPAT[/QUOTE]

He passed for 236 yards. I don't believe many people would consider that "almost 300".