Tribune article on the beneifts of trading Tommy B

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

Tribune article on the beneifts of trading Tommy B

http://www.eagletribune.com/local/x730434290/Bye-bye-Brady

If the Patriots thought highly enough of Ryan Mallet and you could get a ransom for TB - would you consider it? No haters please - just posted it for thoughts. I'm a Brady fan like everyone else.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Re: Tribune article on the beneifts of trading Tommy B

In response to stewart7557's comment:

If the Patriots thought highly enough of Ryan Mallet and you could get a ransom for TB - would you consider it? No haters please - just posted it for thoughts. I'm a Brady fan like everyone else.

I did see this article and happened to read some of it. I also proposed a trade a few weeks back involving the Cardinals but I didnt have Brady included in the trade. I understand some folks being frustrated with no titles in 8 years but do we really think if we trade brady we will have another QB to take his place?? I mean not even on Bradys level but will he know our system? Have chemistry with Wr's? and who will those recievers be? I mean if you gonna do that, its a money thing not a put us over the hump thing. How many teams you know trade away their franchise Qb to get over the hump?  The hump is a Strong Safety who can run and Hit and a WR that can touch the rim of a B-Ball Hoop and weighs over 200 lbs and can run  faster than a 4.6. 

If we have to trade Brady, then we need Larry, A.Wilson and another QB to run our team and even still there is no telling if your defense have improved enough to offsset going from 36 pts/gm to probably more like 22 pts/gm. I DID want Larry, but I also Wanted Tom to throw him the ball. Larry aint no good here without a real Qb...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 56redsox. Show 56redsox's posts

In response to bobbysu's comment:

I think TB should retire a Pat.

+100

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

Look if Peyton is in Denver then Brady could be in Az, Oak, or anywhere? Then you have to make sure the whole salary goes as well. 

I would suspect Brady would also be involved in the process it would only be right IMHO.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't trust Mallet to run this team in the least. This is a QB driven league and Brady is still one of the best in the game. Not to mention we have a young upcoming team that's trending in the right direction. It's not like we are in complete rebuild mode. If the team looked like they did in 09' or even 10' then I might consider it consider the future didn't look overly bright but they have almost completely rebuilt the team and you want to throw that away by trading Brady at this point? Brady's window might only be 3-4 more years but without that top end QB there is no window to begin with and Mallet is still one huge question mark that doesn't look ready to take over a SB contending team yet. Maybe, in a few years we'll know for sure or if we were a .500 team giving Mallet a shot wouldn't hurt but not being this close to more rings. Honestly, the Jets are a great example of how hard it can be to get a ring and having the right QB gives you the best shot at getting one. I wouldn't give up Brady's 3-4 years unless you can promise me Mallet is the football reincarnation of Young

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The 9ers traded Montana only after they knew Young was legit because he got to play due to injury.  The Colts let Peyton walk after he missed a year and they had the number 1 pick and the best prospect to come out in years.  The Packers got rid of Favre because they were tired of his retirement bs and despite his recent performance had had a number of bad seasons.  Those situations are really the only exceptions to the rule that you don't get rid of a hall of fame QB while he is still playing at a high level and I don't think NE fits the bill.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

The 9ers traded Montana only after they knew Young was legit because he got to play due to injury.  The Colts let Peyton walk after he missed a year and they had the number 1 pick and the best prospect to come out in years.  The Packers got rid of Favre because they were tired of his retirement bs and despite his recent performance had had a number of bad seasons.  Those situations are really the only exceptions to the rule that you don't get rid of a hall of fame QB while he is still playing at a high level and I don't think NE fits the bill.

^^^^^^^ that is dead on. Great post. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

^^^^^^^ that is dead on. Great post. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to stewart7557's comment:

It's a reactionary article... blow up the team to satisfy what?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

If a team offered two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds you would have to consider it, right?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

PS - you think this writer read all of Rusty's posts and therefore concludes Brady IS the root cause of all these Patriot playoff losses and needs to go?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

QB is the most important position in football.  TB is one of the top 5 (and that's minimal) playing the game.  He's relatively healthy, our offense is, on a whole proficient, and we've been playoff/SB contenders almost annually for a decade.  No matter what someone would offer in a trade package, unless a top-10 QB is involved as part of said package (even if we got an at least two of an all-world RB, DE, LB, CB, something of the like) would we get any comparative value.  So no, we're "stuck" with TB (and BB) until such time as he's on a downward trend (probably not for about 2-4 years).  And by a top-10 QB, I'm talking a young-ish one - and those don't exist on teams that could offer the other stuff/picks.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

If a team offered two 1sts, two 2nds and two 3rds you would have to consider it, right?

For that much I'd drive Brady out because you could easily turn that into the best QB in any draft along with a large number of good pieces. But, I don't see any team giving that away truthfully. That would be the biggest trade ever and I just don't see it happening given his age

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

You consider almost anything. THis one you do not actually do unless you have a QB and an offense he can run. If they are gaga over Mallett fine. But I do not think that is the case. THey may even like Mallett but I do not think this goes anywhere. It is a "lets change for the sake of change since we did not win this year".

If you want to win you need to get better where you need to get better! That means adding key talent, signing three key players, and adding a little ferocity to both sides of the ball. Here is what we need:

1. Pass rush from the D line must be better on a regular basis

2. Need a safety to pair with McCourty to cover TEs closely and to hit

3. Need at least a third cover CB (after signing Talib)

4. Need a LB who can cover TEs and RBs very well.

5. Need a WR who can get open - especially downfield - AND catch the ball.

6. Need to upgrade either C or G

7. Need to resign Talib, Welker and Vollmer

8. Would be nice to have a real true blue bruiser RB like Jackson to add a key ability to this already good group.

9. Need to keep looking for TBs eventual replacement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Does this sound like an organization ready to get rid of their star QB?

HI! THIS IS TOM BRADY CALLING

Imagine checking your voicemail and hearing this message:

"Hi, this is Tom Brady calling. On behalf of the entire Patriots organization, I want to thank you for the tremendous support you showed our team this past season. Your enthusiasm and passion in the stadium really motivated me and the team on game day. Thanks for being our 12th man on the field. As a season-ticket holder you help provide the foundation for our team's success and we look forward to welcoming you back in 2013."

That's what Patriots season-ticket holders and club members have heard in recent days. Through the use of growing technology, a pre-recorded message from Brady was delivered by the team and it reflects one aspect of how the Patriots reach out to their customers.

The Patriots have issued pins to season-ticket holders and club members in the past, among other things, as a way to say thank you. This is the first time the club has used a recorded message from a player.

File under: Good business.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

So, you sign Alex Smith, Cassel and tell Mallett it's his job to lose.  In return, say you get 2 1st rd picks from Arizona.

That would  mean BB would own the 1st rd the next 2 years yet again.

Is this really that outlandish of an idea?

Well, not in the asylum!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

So, you sign Alex Smith, Cassel and tell Mallett it's his job to lose.  In return, say you get 2 1st rd picks from Arizona.

That would  mean BB would own the 1st rd the next 2 years yet again.

Is this really that outlandish of an idea?

Yes it is. If you think we can win with any of those mediocre qb's and this defense then you are mad. Now, if we had a defense like San Fran, then perhaps and you pull a 5uck for luck and get Johnny QB while at it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Umm, our 2008 D wasn't as talented as what BB has here now. It was old, slow and couldn't make plays. They couldn't get near any QB, couldn't stop the run, didn't get turnovers, etc.

Health was the only thing holding back NE's D in the title gamehis year. Talib and Jones's absences clearly hurt. 7 points alllowed in the first half with a collapsing offense in the second half, has little to do with the starters on D.

Grab a top notch Safety in the 1st rd, pair him with McCourty, resign Talib, maybe trade up with those 2 1st rd picks?

Many directions a GM could go to add to what is a up and coming D. Again, youngest in the league.

Truth is, Tom Brady has been bordering on abysmal in his last 3 home AFC title games, so I am not mad at all. Until Brady breaks out of his postseason slump, we may be having these same discussions every January.

The D with a mediocre QB would do what they always do without the benefit of a 3 score lead.  FAIL!

Funny, games are normally 2 halves and the Pats were winning until the D gave up 3 long TD's and failed to get a rz stop or a pick.

Funny how only Defensive injuries count in your world, too?

....And how the RB's that were supposed to save the Pats from another PS loss actually hurt more than helped, killing 2 scoring drives.

Yup, you live in a very funny world where TB is responsible for everything from famine to global warming and all the wars past and present.

Thanks for the laugh!

Time to change your routine, though.  We all know the punch line.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Great argument... Bad timing. anyone will listen to this after playoff loss .  But think it through... Dumb.

Brady is not the problem.  to the contrary he carries this team to the substantial extent that he can.

Trading allpro mayo makes more sense, or maybe mankind or both.  These guys are more replaceable and frankly overrated than Brady.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I say we keep going like we're going. We're making moves in the right direction on the D.  The O could play better with the tools they have as well. If we can pick up a starters in the draft and maybe 2 fa's. this d can go with what we got now.