Trick Plays...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Trick Plays...

I was talking to my father about this early in the season and he was saying that almost every trick play goes for 10 yards plus. I started paying attention and watching games, and trust me he knows his stuff. It doesn't have to be to fancy but just a reverse probably goes for an average 8-12 yards a play. Trick plays or basic reverse or whatever it be doesn't have to go for a touchdown but on a second 5 or 1st and 10 I believe they can move the chains. Do you guys think the Pats will do any reverses or maybe some McDanial confusing screen passes?

One thing I want to note is that Im a huge Florida Gator fan and watched all there games. They used to run a shovel pass to Herny and I swear he would get 10+ yards every time. That was half of Tebows yards every game!! 

I dont think they should fake any punts or anything like that but just a basic reverse could keep some of those speed rushes contained.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: Trick Plays...

LIke to see about three, flea flicker, end a round pass, WR screen with pass back to Brady

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

I dont know about the one back to Brady, kinda scares me. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mighty2012. Show mighty2012's posts

The Pats don't need trick plays.  Just line up 5 wide in the shotgun and let Brady pick em apart.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

I think your dad should amend his statement to say that successful trick plays can make 10 yards or more.

They can also lose a great deal of yardage.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

In Response to Re: Trick Plays...:
    [QUOTE]The Pats don't need trick plays.  Just line up 5 wide in the shotgun and let Brady pick em apart.
    Posted by mighty2012[/QUOTE]

Im not saying anything drastic but just a play where maybe they can confuss the D. Something like maybe a fake double reverse to keep the D line off brady and letting Gronk runn a double move for a deep ball. Or just a basic shovel pass to Herny on a 5 wide set when the Giants are blitzing. That way all the pass rushers are up field and a quick dump to Herny and he has 1 0n 1 with a LBer. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RTSully6931. Show RTSully6931's posts

I'm still waiting for the Edleman option pass on an end around.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]I think your dad should amend his statement to say that successful trick plays can make 10 yards or more. They can also lose a great deal of yardage.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

To be honest I am including the plays that go for negative yards!! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree, some trick plays would probably have to be done if Gronk isn't going to effective (but he may be effective). I trust that guys like Edelman and Welker can run reverses pretty well with their skill set, Hernandez too. It's kind of the way our receivers are built, quick, run after the catch types. I'm all for throwing in some screens as well - we used to be outstanding with those.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

They were working some reverses in toward the mid- to later parts of the season. I could see reverses and screens used to get more of an edge running attack going.  Their backs don't get outside well, so a little trickery might help.  Hernandez runs pretty well, so he might be a guy to utilize this way. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

trick plays work best when the base plays are working well. trick plays when the base is not working well is just trouble.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Don't need them

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

The problem with trick plays is the risk involved. The Pats are the best offense in the league with out trick plays. I think they should stick to what they do best. Hurry up / spread with Benny in the backfield. Why take the Ball out of brady's hands? If we screw up on an end around or flea flicker that we force a ball down field it will be unforgivable. We're better than the G-Folk. Let's just stick to what we do best.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]The problem with trick plays is the risk involved. The Pats are the best offense in the league with out trick plays. I think they should stick to what they do best. Hurry up / spread with Benny in the backfield. Why take the Ball out of brady's hands? If we screw up on an end around or flea flicker that we force a ball down field it will be unforgivable. We're better than the G-Folk. Let's just stick to what we do best.
    Posted by Rerun85[/QUOTE]

Stick to what we have been doing??? Thats what Im saying!! How many other teams lines up a TE in the backfield and he ran the ball... None. Maybe trick isnt the right word. Maybe I mean something different that makes the D hesitate for a second and then BAM 10 or 20 yards.