trouble for colts?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

trouble for colts?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/03/report-robert-mathis-wont-play-another-snap-under-current-deal/

Looks like a key part of this defense has issues with his contract.  The Colts have a lot on their plate to get done by the beginning of the football season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Re: trouble for colts?

my favorite response to that article refers to the 49ers knowing when to get rid of montana.  the problem with that is the 49ers were grooming their heir before they traded montana.  the colts after manning are finished.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Could indeed be a problem. I doubt they can retain both him and Manning, and that defense wasn't all that impressive last year. Take him away and it will be worse, much worse. Isn't Reggie Wayne also disgruntled or did they eventually get him locked up?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

I believe Wayne is a FA after this season.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Here's something I copied out of rotoworld about Mathis.

Someone from the Mathis camp leaked the initial report, but the three-time Pro Bowler understands that he's behind Peyton Manning and Reggie Wayne in the contract pecking order. "I have every intention on doing my job once the NFL gives us our job back," writes Mathis. "I never been a locker room cancer and wont start now."

There's not much going on about Wayne's situation though.  Pretty quiet compared to last year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I for one, completely approve of this article, Because in 1 small news-story, It expresses ALL of the following:  1 of my team's biggest rivals, might be in trouble personell-wise, (because)-There is a good player on said rival with a me-first attitude who wants more $, AND finally- Modern day Sports-writers are "used-car-salesman-like" sc#mbags...  Imho, it's tough to top that.  

First off, Mathis denies it (the fact that he wants a newer & better contract).  YET, IF in fact, this IS true- Originally, I was in his Camp when I saw that he'd only be making just over 3 mil a year this year...  Then I found out that the 5 year deaL he got in 2006 was for 30 mil, and massively front-loaded...  And besides Rookie year, Mathis gets almost exactly 10 Sacks per Season...  On Indy's 4-3, Mathis's job is "Sack-First", as he gets a sub, something like 30-35 tackles per season...AND the guy's got Dwight Freeney on the other side, that the oppossing Offense has to account for (in Mathis's favor).  6 mil=10 Sacks & 30-35 Tackles...that imho, is just about a dead-on very fair deal, for both sides...

...but WhoTH even KNOWS IF Mathis is even p#ssed & disgruntled or not...?  Lol, the 1st article, of which the 2nd article's facts are based on, Uses the source of:  "1 person close to the Mathis situation."  Which, obviously translates into the second article's author, as being: "It makes you wonder why someone pretty clearly from 'his camp' is floating that he's unhappy."  My own money's on Article #3 quoting, "A VERY trusted extremely close friend/family member."

Ehh, best that could occur?  Peyton goes elsewhere, and when he does Both Mathis & Reggie Wayne see the writing on the wall, and head elsewhere too... Subsequently, The Colts quietly pick up 1 night...and relocate in Boise.    

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

There could be even more contract trouble ahead for those lovable Indianapolis Colts:  http://www.indystar.com/article/20110704/SPORTS03/107040319/Handful-key-players-limbo

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

You gotta figure these guys are going to lose a key figure or two.