Troy Aikman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Troy Aikman

Has anyone heard the all out attack he's been on regarding the Pats D? Apparently, last week Joe Buck posed the question of "have you ever seen so many top ranked teams in the playoffs with weak defenses". He then brought up the Saints, the Packers and the Pats for examples.
    Aikman's reply was to single out the Pats D as "the worst defense he's ever seen with a team that's made the playoff's". He made not one mention of Green Bay or New Orleans. He then went on to explain how they have no play-makers.

This was during last weeks broadcast, then.........he was on spoprts radio in Chicago and repeated everything he said.

Is there something else working here? Is he afraid Brady will get four rings? I mean, really Troy?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Re: Troy Aikman

In Response to Troy Aikman:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone heard the all out attack he's been on regarding the Pats D? Apparently, last week Joe Buck posed the question of "have you ever seen so many top ranked teams in the playoffs with weak defenses". He then brought up the Saints, the Packers and the Pats for examples. Aikman's reply was to single out the Pats D as "the worst defense he's ever seen with a team that's made the playoff's". He made not one mention of Green Bay or New Orleans. He then went on to explain how they have no play-makers. This was during last weeks broadcast, then.........he was on spoprts radio in Chicago and repeated everything he said. Is there something else working here? Is he afraid Brady will get four rings? I mean, really Troy?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

You could never expect Troy to be the brightest bulb on the tree. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

You cant blame Troy. Its not his fault he hasn't watched any packers games this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Yeah, when you hear him saying it it sounds like he's on a vendetta? I can't stand Joe Buck and him together, they think their the balz.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Troy Aikman:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone heard the all out attack he's been on regarding the Pats D? Apparently, last week Joe Buck posed the question of "have you ever seen so many top ranked teams in the playoffs with weak defenses". He then brought up the Saints, the Packers and the Pats for examples. Aikman's reply was to single out the Pats D as "the worst defense he's ever seen with a team that's made the playoff's". He made not one mention of Green Bay or New Orleans. He then went on to explain how they have no play-makers. This was during last weeks broadcast, then.........he was on spoprts radio in Chicago and repeated everything he said. Is there something else working here? Is he afraid Brady will get four rings? I mean, really Troy?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Saw this and went ballistic.  He repeatedly, unprovoked, brought it up during the game every chance he could.  W T F was that all about?
    He seemed extremely contemptuous.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

I am indifferent to Buck, but I loathe Aikman.  

Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he on a team of juiced thugs?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

He was flat out wrong, but I don't have too much of a problem with it.  I mean, we're splitting hairs.  All the defenses on those other teams stink too...but they do have bigger names or "playmakers".  I'm not going to get all riled up and defend my favorite 31st ranked defense all that much.

I don't mind Aikman has much as I loathe Joe Buck.  That guy is a ...I don't even have a PG rated word for him.  When he was getting all offended when Randy Moss PRETEND mooned the GB fans...it was hilarious and I actually was embarassed for Buck and his little hissy fit.  He's terrible.  As Barkley would say TURRBLE, TURRBLE, TURRBLE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Saw this and went ballistic.  He repeatedly, unprovoked, brought it up during the game every chance he could.  W T F was that all about?
    He seemed extremely contemptuous.

Pezz,
    Do you think it could be a little jealousy with Brady having a better career and this is his way of putting them down? He's always seemed to be PC when it comes to criticism and did it with kid gloves. This is the first time I've ever heard him go so negative against any team?

Chris,
    I can't correct you but those guys were good in that day, I have to give it to them despite how much it pains me. I just can't figure out why he's taking this to the level he is.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Pezz,
    Do you think it could be a little jealousy with Brady having a better career and this is his way of putting them down? He's always seemed to be PC when it comes to criticism and did it with kid gloves. This is the first time I've ever heard him go so negative against any team?

Probably.  Can't think of another reason why he would spew such hatred on a Nationally viewed game.  If he doesn't like the Pats D then fine, he's entitled to his opinion.  Should have just let it be, but instead he presented it as his only agenda for the day.  It was really, really inappropriate and weird.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Especially considering how well this D fared in take-aways and red zone D.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Russ, I don't have a link but if you can track it down have a listen, it's totally out of character.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Don't care. On a side note Joe Buck has one of the best jobs in the world and he doesn't even like some of the sports. He's pretty much the most well know baseball announcers and hates baseball.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Does anyone have a link? I heard the part where he was saying that Rodgers and Brees should be co-MVPs and then went on to say Brady is in there too because their defense is awful. Felger and Mazz were saying the other clip was much worse but they didn't have it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Aikman:
    [QUOTE]I am indifferent to Buck, but I loathe Aikman.   Correct me if I am wrong, but wasn't he on a team of juiced thugs?
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE

Yes, he was on South America's team I believe.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]I am surprised at this, to be honest.  Aikman is usually spot on and I like his non-agenda drive analysis. I do agree he seems to be on a campaign both on tv and radio to specifically bash NE's D even with GB looking worse. Not sure if he was not given the time of day on a recent trip to FOxborough or what would cause such an obvious campaigning against NE's D. Odd for sure.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

King, 

I didn't hear the comments but I've never had any issues with Aikman. If he thinks the Pats defense is the worst, he's entitled to his opinion and others might agree. Sorry !!

As for a personal agenda against Brady, this is just plain foolishness. Some folks on this site, too many these days just like to complain about anything and everything because that's all they know how to do. 

Hetchinspete  

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

I didn't hear the comments but I've never had any issues with Aikman. If he thinks the Pats defense is the worst, he's entitled to his opinion and others might agree. Sorry !!

As for a personal agenda against Brady, this is just plain foolishness. Some folks on this site, too many these days just like to complain about anything and everything because that's all they know how to do. 

Hetchinspete  

Maybe if you did hear the comments during his live, nationwide commentary and then again live on sports radio Chicago you'd have an opinion. Do you often comment on things you haven't heard or seen?
    As for the "some folks" I'm not sure if I'm included on this or not but before you go spouting off in the mouth you may want to see that I said this was out of character and wondered if there was another agenda.

I guess it's safe to say that if someone comments on things they haven't heard they'd also comment on things they haven't read right Einstein? 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

[QUOTE]I am surprised at this, to be honest.  Aikman is usually spot on and I like his non-agenda drive analysis. I do agree he seems to be on a campaign both on tv and radio to specifically bash NE's D even with GB looking worse. Not sure if he was not given the time of day on a recent trip to FOxborough or what would cause such an obvious campaigning against NE's D. Odd for sure.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

I agree.  I think Aikmen is really good 90% of the time, I'm surprised so many on here are bashing him. 

As to why he has made bashing the Pats D his cause, hard to say.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Troy Aikman : As to why he has made bashing the Pats D his cause, hard to say.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

Maybe Fox had something to do with the the NFC teams being left out. Promote their playoff games as better matchups, better overall teams. I wouldn't really be surprised but who knows.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ASO9771. Show ASO9771's posts

Aikman is afraid that Brady will have more rings. Aikman has probably lost a few already up Buck's Butt...  Relatives out in Palm Dessert, Ca. state it is a well known fact those two have a little nest together out there in the dessert. they moved in right after Aikmans divorce. Regardless,
    he may have been a good player, but he's still a tool.
    What a way to start the new year, with new NEW England Hardware....
    then let's hear them all change their tune.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I dont' know why this is being made an issue......it's not like the Pats D is deserving of praise. Let's face it, it wasn't very good. It got the job done in the end, but without our offense, we wouldn't have won many games. Being down 17-0 and 21-0 at the half......it's not defensive stops that allowed us to win those....it's the offense getting in the end zone.

Aikman doesnt' have any loyalty to NE and even though I wouldn't say the D is AS BAD as he does, the Pats D is getting the attention it deserves....which isn't good.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts