Troy Aikman

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

Re: Troy Aikman

Riding,

You are known as one of the biggest d0uche bags in these forums so I take everything you say at face value. You ALWAYS have snide remarks to people who don't share your every opinion. You treat everyone on these forums like you are a school yard bully. Maybe that makes you feel better about yourself. Maybe it gives you more self-esteem. Maybe you were the kid who got beat up all the time and now resorts to picking forum fights in an attempt to put yourself on a pedestal. I don't know. I thought I had you on ignore.

You have all this stuff to say in your posts but it always amount to hot air. If you really think the Pats had a good D this year, you are more of an idiot than EVERYONE in these forums already think you are. I hate bashing people, but you are beyond yourself and your BS is annoying. Get over yourself.

1 TD by Guyton and suddenly the D is the Avenger of the season? Look at their team ranks. 

O    Rank   D   Rank 
    Total First Downs399237031
    First Downs Rushing107810112
    First Downs Passing26222452
    Third Downs Conversions899878
    Fourth Down Conversions7985
    Total Offensive Plays1082210645
    Total Offensive Yards6848265772
    Avg Yards per Offensive Play6.3336.1829
    Total Touchdowns573398
    Total Rushing Plays4381740524
    Total Rushing Yards176420187416
    Avg Yards per Rushing Play4.0214.68
    Rushing Touchdowns1831314
    Total Passing Plays61236194
    Total Passing Yards5084247032
    Avg Yards per Passing Play8.3137.603
    Passing Touchdowns3942610
    Field Goals28102031
    Interceptions1226232
    Sacks40143222
    Defensive Touchdowns39119
    Punt Return Touchdowns14015
    Kick Return Touchdowns010010

***One other thing.....the D was 15th in the league average 21.4 points per game. Hardly stellar. The O was 3rd in the league averaging 32.1. So to make your point that points allowed matter, this simple statistic shows that the offense was scoring way more points than almost any team in the league.

And when in my post did I mention anything about yardage? You see and hear only what you want to hear tough guy.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

don't like Aikman - hate Buck

This has been a freakish year
    No one had a real tough schedule

Group together Pats, GB and NO -
    The talking heads ought to stop listening to one another
    and look at the stats

I believe that the NFC top teams are better right now
    and s/b our easist road to the SB - but who knows
    with our latest history.
    Great we don't have to play the NFC to get there
    But we could end up playing the Steeles and Ravens
    and then get in a shoot out

i thought our D played really well about 3 qtrs every game
    always thought some how they gave up 7 pts a game
    We seemed to give up an awful lot of meaningless points and yds

Whereas I thought our O had 2 horrible games (TO"S)
    and usually left 7- 10 pts on the field
    - And glad we are getting a new OC next year

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Being lost in Jets land has to feel pretty good right about now.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Stats aside, if you see the Pats play occasionally, and see how the opponents offenses seem to go up and down the field, seemingly at will, that impression stays with you.  For example, the Broncos game.. if all you watched was the first 20 - 25 minutes of the game and then didn't pay attention the rest of the way, even though the Pats won, all you'll remember is how the Denver offense gashed the Pats for almost 200 yards rushing in less than a half.  IMHO, this is the memory these folks have of the Pats and not the final outcomes of the games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Not gonna lose sleep over his negativty. I believe in Big Vince.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

I would have a tendency to agree with Aikman.  Their secondary cannot cover.  They have no safeties.  Their best CB is having a down year.  The pass rush took a hit when Carter went down.  They are limited at Linebacker.  I am not downing what the Patriots have done.  They are 13-3.  They have won some tough games.  Their red zone defense is outstanding.  Their take away has been amazing.  The big question is which of these factors will show up in the playoffs.  The Patriots have the ability to go all the way this year.  They also have the ability to be a one and done team again.  Hopefully they have enough talent to make it all the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

In Response to Troy Aikman:
    [QUOTE]Has anyone heard the all out attack he's been on regarding the Pats D? Apparently, last week Joe Buck posed the question of "have you ever seen so many top ranked teams in the playoffs with weak defenses". He then brought up the Saints, the Packers and the Pats for examples. Aikman's reply was to single out the Pats D as "the worst defense he's ever seen with a team that's made the playoff's". He made not one mention of Green Bay or New Orleans. He then went on to explain how they have no play-makers. This was during last weeks broadcast, then.........he was on spoprts radio in Chicago and repeated everything he said. Is there something else working here? Is he afraid Brady will get four rings? I mean, really Troy?
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Great! More motivation to work harder and win.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Troy Aikman:
    [QUOTE]I am surprised at this, to be honest.  Aikman is usually spot on and I like his non-agenda driven analysis. I do agree he seems to be on a campaign both on tv and radio to specifically bash NE's D even with GB looking worse. Not sure if he was not given the time of day on a recent trip to FOxborough or what would cause such an obvious campaigning against NE's D. Odd for sure.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

You ever think he's just being honest? You said it yourself - he's got no agendas - perhaps he's just stating what he thinks is correct. When he did the game against the Cowboys this year he was complimentary about the pats, there's always the chance that he being a former QB - had his mouth watering watching our defense...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Aikman and the other pundits can say whatever they want about the Patriots defense and I can choose to agree or disagree with them.  I've been saying all year we will find out what this team is made of come January.  Well, it's January folks.  We'll find out starting next Saturday.  And Vince Wilfork says there's something different about this team than the past couple of years.  I trust our defensive captain over a retired QB with scrambled eggs for brains.  I have a good feeling about the Patriots this year.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Concussions, Aikman has had 8 or 9 of them, his brain does not always work properly.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

The more people that bag the Pats and write them off the better. It is when they are favourites and everyone is tipping them that I worry in these big games. All of this is motivation especially for BB and the defense.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I usually like Aikman.  Let's face it, "statistically" the Pats have ONE of the worst defenses in the league.  Maybe that's just the way he see's it.

Really, who cares?  I like the fact that alot of the talking heads are dissing the Pats.

It feels more like the old days when they didn't give the Pats the credit that they deserved.

And make no mistake about it, the Pats used that dissing as motivation and I believe they will use it this year to good effect. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

I think aikman does a very good job on Fox. I've heard him in many interviews and I think he is very well spoken. he obviously knows more about football than anyone on these boards. He said what he believes so why does anyone here care. If the Pats are offended than they should prove him wrong. I've heard him compliment the Pats repeatedly through the years and it's obvious he has huge respect for Belichek and Brady. Belichek and Jimmy Johnson are tight so i would be shocked to find out that Belichek does not have massive respect for Aikman's accomplishments. Come on guys, fight battles that are actually important. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from taljr. Show taljr's posts

We've been debating this issue all year. Based on yards per game, Pats are ranked what, next to last or last. They finished like 20 yards shy of giving up the most in NFL history. Now points per game they are more respectable. GB has still given up more points than NE. It's funny how no announcers are up in arms about their crappy defense because they are so enamoured with Rodgers. Nobody is calling them the worst defense of all time and what not. Let's not kid anybody, the NE D is pretty fair at best but has taken advantage of turnovers and some pretty oppourtunistic stops on the goal line (remember earlier in the year). Pat's are the no 1 seed in the AFC cuz of their offense and their head coach. I don't feel insulted when these talking heads rip our D because they all feel uncomfortable picking the Pat's week by week due to their underwhelming D. I get this. I wish the defense has performed better myself cuz that's what's worrying me playoff time. They will have their troubles with a good D and a good scheme like last year. Let's hope they just outscore everybody and get a few picks late and give Ridley the ball in the 4th quarter. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

well our defense is pretty garb in the first half that's forsure. By far the worst I have ever seen on a football team, heck even the 0-16 lions had a better defense lol. I mean, you've been watching them right? horrid. I've had to pause the game and walk away for a few minutes sometimes.

Outside of this point, I did hear Aikmens continued attack on our D and although it was deffinetly annoying he was right most of the time. I mean, we've been torched by some really bad teams this year. I think the big issue is that our defense is so bad, will we be able to beat the Ravens and the Steelers? Who knows, but its an issue that is far more important than what some fool in the booth thinks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

It's one thing to talk about a team statistically but to interject comments such as "worst D ever" and "I can't even believe they're in the play-offs" is not cool.
    He said that after the initial conversation, just out of the blue.  And then there was an awkward silence.  Bizarre!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

"Worst D ever" IS a little strong.

Have to say that I'm a little disappointed in Aikman because he was one of the few I could tolerate while watching a game.  Not just a Pats game.

I have to admit that I tend to tune out the announcers during a Pats game because I try to concentrate on game itself.  I don't like to be distracted by their mostly idiotic comments.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

[QUOTE]well our defense is pretty garb in the first half that's forsure. By far the worst I have ever seen on a football team, heck even the 0-16 lions had a better defense lol. I mean, you've been watching them right? horrid. I've had to pause the game and walk away for a few minutes sometimes. Outside of this point, I did hear Aikmens continued attack on our D and although it was deffinetly annoying he was right most of the time. I mean, we've been torched by some really bad teams this year. I think the big issue is that our defense is so bad, will we be able to beat the Ravens and the Steelers? Who knows, but its an issue that is far more important than what some fool in the booth thinks.
    Posted by myaim45[/QUOTE]
    Love your avatar!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

[QUOTE]I didn't hear the comments but I've never had any issues with Aikman. If he thinks the Pats defense is the worst, he's entitled to his opinion and others might agree. Sorry !! As for a personal agenda against Brady, this is just plain foolishness. Some folks on this site, too many these days just like to complain about anything and everything because that's all they know how to do.  Hetchinspete   Maybe if you did hear the comments during his live, nationwide commentary and then again live on sports radio Chicago you'd have an opinion. Do you often comment on things you haven't heard or seen? As for the "some folks" I'm not sure if I'm included on this or not but before you go spouting off in the mouth you may want to see that I said this was out of character and wondered if there was another agenda. I guess it's safe to say that if someone comments on things they haven't heard they'd also comment on things they haven't read right Einstein? 
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

Mr. Adams or whatever your name is. If you took the time to read my comment carefully maybe you would understand what I was saying but your comprehension level being what it is won't allow you to fully understand. All that being said I'm going to have the pleasure of blocking or putting on ignore one more TROLL !! Good Bye

Hetchinspete. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

This is less a problem with Troy Aikman in particular, imho...  This is much more about the fact that IN the past, when listening to any NFL broadcast, you were far more likely to come away with the overall feeling that NFL TV announcers were offering objective insight with how that particular game was being played out on the field, And when there was an announcer who's opinions on the game being played showed a bias and/or impartial angles, this type of critique on a play and/or a team, was very often a way more noticeably altered and more obvious-to-diagnose/recognize skewed form of judgement.  NE's games, for whatever reason, have been brutally officiated this year and under the currently very subjective & much more power-sourced-to-the-Refs, officiating doctrine. 

This is not some kind of conspiracy theory.  It is only a recognition that A /> Currently, Refs have a TON more sway & say (more than EVERrrrr), and B> In this season alone, many calls have been grossly out of NE's favor, game in and game out (something like 86 penalty calls for, and 115 penalty calls against-And a very great number being those more "subjective" ref-determinable calls), and C> (the big one) What happens & gets called on the field of play, in the mindset and words of today's 2011 NFL TV Announcers, IS correct...99% of the time now. And hey, that 1% wherein we were initially unsure of the call, We'll now do our best to work our way towards the call being "excusable the correct one" in the end, because D> In some way, shape, or roundabout form=It's been made apparent to us (or our producers...and then, Us)-that The NFL pays our bills, first and foremost.  Showing that The League calls even 1 single contest unevenly, or by insinuating ANY inequality in the play & eventual outcome, WILL hurt The NFL, And Fox/ESPN/ABC/NBC/CBS, and then it'll hurt us (Mr. Aikman) too. 

Really, just watch any College F-Ball game in order to see how the NFL used to be announced... If there was a bad call, or even if there was a call they didn't fully see to completely agree with, they still just simply say so in College Football.  Sometimes they were right and sometimes they were wrong, but in the end ya felt much less than the viewer does now in terms of what the announcers are in The Pros currently:  i.e. Lackeys.     

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I understand that this is the "new" NFL and teams move the ball and QB's get yardage - that doesn't change the fact that when you (along with 32 other teams) try to stop an offense - you end up next to last statistically. What that means historically (based on a unique formula...example, ranked 1st=better than ranked 31st), is that you're not very good defensively.

I think that our defense has struggled because of two things...one, our safety position and two, injuries to guys that were supposed to be our playmakers. 
    Maybe Chung will help in some capacity, I picture the short stuff underneath being better with him in there. And I think Spikes will help the attitude of the defense - along with the running game.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

How many concussions did Troy suffer? Not hard to imagine he has some really bad days.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

Notice how Aikmans name never comes up in those top 250 quarterbacks of all time conversations?

Sections
Shortcuts