Troy Brown Poll

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Troy Brown Poll

Simple question. Who made Troy Brown great?

A) Troy Brown
    B) Tom Brady

In other words, would Troy have been a star wherever he played?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Re: Troy Brown Poll

It's a mutual thing, isn't it? is Jerry Rice a HOFer if he's drafted by Cleveland? Doubt it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

My favourite Patriot player pretty much of all time, but I wonder if "star" is the right word?  Solid, clutch, smart, dependable, capable of big plays . . . but only four seasons where he gained 500 or more yards receiving.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Prior to Brady, Troy Brown's career catches were (by season)...2, 0, 14, 21, 41, 23, 36. 

Doesn't look like "star" material too me. I'd say Brady had a little something to do with his success. I think Troy was an outstanding player here, but I wouldn't say he was going to be a star anywhere else, or with just about any other QB throwing him the ball.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

Prior to Brady, Troy Brown's career catches were (by season)...2, 0, 14, 21, 41, 23, 36. 

Doesn't look like "star" material too me. I'd say Brady had a little something to do with his success. I think Troy was an outstanding player here, but I wouldn't say he was going to be a star anywhere else, or with just about any other QB throwing him the ball.

You are delusional and a pink hat.

Just last year at this time you were saying that Wes Welker was the better player than Troy Brown when I argued that Brady had more talent at the receiver position during his Super Bowl runs than the offense he has had recently...remember that?

I went on to argue that Brown had better hands and performed in the clutch better than anyone. He was a huge part of our success. Having said that, I can't say he'd be a "star" without Brady throwing him the ball for many reasons, one being the fact that he didn't produce at a "star" level with Bledsoe throwing him the ball. Another reason I don't think he'd be a "star" with any old quarterback is that his game was tailored fit for what Brady does - Brown wasn't a deep speed receiver and he didn't have size, but he could catch and run and he could catch every short pass imaginable. Brady is perhaps the best and most accurate short thrower in the history of this game. They fit.

It's too bad that everything you say and do is adjusted to your agenda. What's that like? To be so insecure and pathetic that everything you say and do has to support whatever twisted thought that you feel makes you important in your world of insignificance.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

All real fans know Tom Brady sucks.  The selfish jelly armed stat hore couldn't possibly raise the play of his WR corp.  Only an idiot would think anyone but BB is responsible for Troy Brown's success. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

You are delusional and a pink hat.

Just last year at this time you were saying that Wes Welker was the better player than Troy Brown when I argued that Brady had more talent at the receiver position during his Super Bowl runs than the offense he has had recently...remember that?

I went on to argue that Brown had better hands and performed in the clutch better than anyone. He was a huge part of our success. Having said that, I can't say he'd be a "star" without Brady throwing him the ball for many reasons, one being the fact that he didn't produce at a "star" level with Bledsoe throwing him the ball. Another reason I don't think he'd be a "star" with any old quarterback is that his game was tailored fit for what Brady does - Brown wasn't a deep speed receiver and he didn't have size, but he could catch and run and he could catch every short pass imaginable. Brady is perhaps the best and most accurate short thrower in the history of this game. They fit.

It's too bad that everything you say and do is adjusted to your agenda. What's that like? To be so insecure and pathetic that everything you say and do has to support whatever twisted thought that you feel makes you important in your world of insignificance.

Troy Brown is my favorite Pats player EVER just like Wakefield is for the Sox. Each represents true team play, so you can stop lying about my somehow miraculously claiming I said Welker was better than Brown. There is no way on earth I ever even dreamed of uttering those words as I said Edelman could be Welkie here overnight, under an all out assault by you and your dorky BBWs.

This is where I catch you in your lies which may be laced with early-on-set-dementia  for you at this point. LOL

The joy of you so desperate to lie and put words in my mouth, only to be exposed is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.

I have numerous witnesses here knowing my appreciation for players like Brown, a Tim Wakefield or even an Edelman.

YOU LOSE

Again.

You are such a liar that even you must be embarrassed for yourself. You said it last year - it was all part of your usual agenda - you were trying to say Brady had better weapons now than when we were winning Super Bowls. You specifically singled our Welker vs Brown and you SAID Welker was the better player. You pointed to his production and although you thought Brown was a good player, you didn't put him in Welker's league.

What kind of drugs are you on? Seriously. I've never seen such a creepy liar in my life, it's disturbing.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

Simple question. Who made Troy Brown great?

A) Troy Brown
    B) Tom Brady

In other words, would Troy have been a star wherever he played?

A: Troy Brown made Troy Brown great!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Muzwell has the best point on here. Every WR needs a QB like every RB needs an OL.

Rice would've been marginal without Montana.

Troy Brown was an ultimate football player though and would've been good wherever he had a good coach to put him in the right situation.

He was a great PR and that cant be taught either.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:

Muzwell has the best point on here. Every WR needs a QB like every RB needs an OL.

Troy Brown was an ultimate football player though and would've been good wherever he had a good coach to put him in the right situation.

Tell that to Walter Peyton, Berry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, Earl Campbell, O.J Simpson, Gale Sayers, LaDainian Tomlinson.... to name a few.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

No offense but are you on drugs? Marginal?????? Was he marginal with Steve Young and Rich Gannon?

In his 3 years with the Raiders he had 230 receptions 3,200 yards and 18 td's. And that was at the age of 40...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

I can't stand the lying rusty ballbag as much as the next person but to be fair I always remember him saying Brown was better than Welker.

But that's not very surprising, the guy has zero respect for Welker because WW didn't bow down to his idol, BB.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

No offense but are you on drugs? Marginal?????? Was he marginal with Steve Young and Rich Gannon?

In his 3 years with the Raiders he had 230 receptions 3,200 yards and 18 td's. And that was at the age of 40...

Yeah, sorry Joe but this....

"Rice would've been marginal without Montana."

That you stated is really a very foolish comment on your part.  Your football cred takes a big hit with that comment.

When you are considered to be the greatest player of all time to ever play the game in the NFL, like Jerry Rice is considered to be,  the word marginal should never, ever be mentioned when talking about Jerry Rice.  The guy was great, the greatest and would have been great regardless of who he played for.  Jerry Rice was so meticulous with the way he ran routes and played the game that he would have been successful playing with anyone. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Yeah, sorry Joe but this....

"Rice would've been marginal without Montana."

That you stated is really a very foolish comment on your part.  Your football cred takes a big hit with that comment.

When you are considered to be the greatest player of all time to ever play the game in the NFL, like Jerry Rice is considered to be,  the word marginal should never, ever be mentioned when talking about Jerry Rice.  The guy was great, the greatest and would have been great regardless of who he played for.  Jerry Rice was so meticulous with the way he ran routes and played the game that he would have been successful playing with anyone. 

[/QUOTE]

How does my football cred take any hit with this?

Rice played for 3 QBs who could straight sling the ball.

Obviously, he would still be productive anywhere else but not even close to the extent he was.

If you take 1995 Jerry Rice where he had 1800 yards and put him on the Jets with 34YO Boomer, he had have a tough time reaching 1,000 yards imo.

Better team around = better production.

If Rice played with a chitty QB he wouldn't have the same stats whatsoever, he still would have boasted solid numbers, but nothing close to what he did

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Tell that to Walter Peyton, Berry Sanders, Adrian Peterson, Earl Campbell, O.J Simpson, Gale Sayers, LaDainian Tomlinson.... to name a few

AP has a solid OL. Its nothing special but its not pathetic.

I know Sanders had no OL. Everyone I have no clue, but in the NFL nowadays, you need an OL to be a good runner.

Athletes are too big and fast to juke all around back in the day of Payton or Sayers. Campbell was bigger than most team's defenses.

Back then, maybe you didn't need an OL, now, you do

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I honestly believe that BB would have cut Troy in the years Parcells kept him around.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

So much wasted space on this thread but I digress.

IMO, Muzz nailed it. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

I can't stand the lying rusty ballbag as much as the next person but to be fair I always remember him saying Brown was better than Welker.

But that's not very surprising, the guy has zero respect for Welker because WW didn't bow down to his idol, BB.

Oh I totally agree...rusty hates Welker and he has said how much he loved Brown (I love Brown too). But I had a disagreement with him on the talent that Brady had around him a year ago - rusty was saying his usual...no excuses!! It's all on Brady now folks! This offense is loaded!. And when I pointed out that he had more talent in those Super Bowl winning seasons at receiver - then made my point by listing each receiver and their strengths - he countered with the doozy that Welker was perhaps the greatest slot receiver of all time, and that although Brown was his favorite player he was not in Welker's league. That is what he said. This is what he does, he says ridiculous things that support his argument, then denies them later on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

I've seen several people use the word "clutch".  I think that word sums him up best and, yes, I think he could have been that same clutch player on any other team he might have played on.  That's one thing that is not dependent on anyone else.  You either are or you are not.  He most definitely was.

Sections
Shortcuts