Troy Brown Ripping on LLoyd, when you are to make a play in tough situations, you cant be on the sideline saying. "i got a headache, i cant go int right now coach"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

he didnt elaborate.

but it was so out of nowhere makes me think it actaully happened.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Re: Troy Brown Ripping on LLoyd, when you are to make a play in tough situations, you cant be on the sideline saying.

this was mentioned at the Lloyd signing. If he gets 10 targets a game, he will put up numbers. If he doesnt get the targets, he will not be a great team mate.

Guy has been in the league 10 years. Its not a mystery nor a surprise how he is playing. I think he is doing well actually. He is still playing hard, blocking, and he is getting open. Brady simply didnt have the time to look for him against the Phins.

I expect lloyd to have some more big games, he is talented. He simply isnt MOss or Vincent Jackson or Fitz....he is not a down field WR. He is a 10-15 yard player that worksoutside the hash marks, doesnt gain yards after the catch, and avoids contact....

Troy Browns comment was a reference to stepping out of bounds rather than taking the hit for the extra yards

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Re: Troy Brown Ripping on LLoyd, when you are to make a play in tough situations, you cant be on the sideline saying.

I love Troy Brown.  That being said, I noticed Lloyd doing a great job on blocks down field all game long against Miami.  He didn't check out or go into hiding.  He kept at it which as a fan, I appreciated.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Troy is really good, he tells it like it is and I trust his opinion, but the fact is Lloyd isn't a elite wr....why are people thinking he will play like that? He didn't sign a huge contract and really when the season is over will have decent numbers and do what he was suppossed to do..help us a little on the outside. I think he is doing that to be honest. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

All this ripping on receivers...  Maybe the oline DOES suck after all... Both starting guards out, etc.

It was a question mark in preseason.  4sacks, Brady off last game.

Let's dissect the crappy oline.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

this was mentioned at the Lloyd signing. If he gets 10 targets a game, he will put up numbers. If he doesnt get the targets, he will not be a great team mate.

Guy has been in the league 10 years. Its not a mystery nor a surprise how he is playing. I think he is doing well actually. He is still playing hard, blocking, and he is getting open. Brady simply didnt have the time to look for him against the Phins.

I expect lloyd to have some more big games, he is talented. He simply isnt MOss or Vincent Jackson or Fitz....he is not a down field WR. He is a 10-15 yard player that worksoutside the hash marks, doesnt gain yards after the catch, and avoids contact....

Troy Browns comment was a reference to stepping out of bounds rather than taking the hit for the extra yards

[/QUOTE]

There aren't enough reps in this offense for him to really shine, and most of the target routes are designed with Gronk (TE1) and Welker in mind. 

It makes it tough, because NE doesn't "feature" the position he is playing. 

That he is light years better than Branch is obvious just by watching the attention he gets and how he can actually compete for some balls against some corners that would just swallow Branch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All this ripping on receivers...  Maybe the oline DOES suck after all... Both starting guards out, etc.

It was a question mark in preseason.  4sacks, Brady off last game.

Let's dissect the crappy oline.

[/QUOTE]

I don't think they stink ... but NE doesn't have the kind of O line to let passes develop down field very often.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

I think Lloyd is doing what I expected. Makes the acrobatic catch and doesn't cough up the ball.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

I don't buy it all all.  Seriously why would Lloyd be afraid of any situatuion.  When they actually throw him the ball he catches it pretty much everytime. 

To me this a result of 2 things:

1) Troy Brown another ex player thinking he has to rip his old team on TV so he is not called "soft"

2) The fact that LLoyd seems to be option 4 on this team after Gronk, Welker, Herdz.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I don't buy it all all.  Seriously why would Lloyd be afraid of any situatuion.  When they actually throw him the ball he catches it pretty much everytime. 

1) Troy Brown another ex player thinking he has to rip his old team on TV so he is not called "soft"

2) The fact that LLoyd seems to be option 4 on this team after Gronk, Welker, Herdz.

[/QUOTE]

I am pretty tight with TBrown. Youa re wrong. He wont rip to massage his ego. He rips the falling down rather than be hit to gain the extra yard, or the stepping out of bounds. Troy didnt play this way. He doesnt expect others to either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Brady went out of his way to say he needs to get Lloyd more involved.  I'm all for whatever keeps his head in the game.  I see nothing in Lloyd that makes me think he quits or isn't tough.  In fact, I see the opposite.  If Troy did say that Lloyd doesn't play the "right way" then he is a hypocrite. Deion Branch mastered the art of hitting the ground before he gets leveled and I've never heard Troy rip him for avoiding big hits. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady went out of his way to say he needs to get Lloyd more involved.  I'm all for whatever keeps his head in the game.  I see nothing in Lloyd that makes me think he quits or isn't tough.  In fact, I see the opposite.  If Troy did say that Lloyd doesn't play the "right way" then he is a hypocrite. Deion Branch mastered the art of hitting the ground before he gets leveled and I've never heard Troy rip him for avoiding big hits. 

[/QUOTE]

LLoyd YAC, 2.7

Branch 2011, YAC, 6.7

Welker, 6.2 YAC

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Patsman3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I am pretty tight with TBrown. Youa re wrong. He wont rip to massage his ego. He rips the falling down rather than be hit to gain the extra yard, or the stepping out of bounds. Troy didnt play this way. He doesnt expect others to either.

[/QUOTE]

Thats right! Bloody Nose in SB 38' and was VERY PROUD of it! Same with Rodney and his broken arm. NO PAIN, NO GAIN!  I will always side with T.Brown. met him early in his career when Carrol was coach and he used to hang out in Providence. One time I was kicking with these chics outside a limo and he showed up and was like "hey, u messing mit my hoes" (paraphrase) and we chopped it up after that. His career really changed for the better as did others once Carrol left.  He was out w/Terry Glenn and Law and Milloy. I ran into these dudes all the time. Class Acts! I will always hold those players from the Glory days to a high esteem considering Ive met most of them and now seeing how hard it is to win after 7 year drought u appreciate it more. We need Troy Brown now if you ask me....lol

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Troy was a great player who came up huge in big games... Big plays were his specialty.

Maybe that is the test for  mr. Brandon lloyd... Big game this week.  Lets see it.  Bring it like troy did.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

[QUOTE]

Troy was a great player who came up huge in big games... Big plays were his specialty.

Maybe that is the test for  mr. Brandon lloyd... Big game this week.  Lets see it.  Bring it like troy did.

[/QUOTE]

Also Troy may be bias to a guy like Lloyd who does have some talent and skills but doesnt seem to maximize it weekly and with Troy Brown and the route he took and the talent he had, he is probably not wanting to make excuses for him and thenthere is the fact that Troy played his whole career for one team while Llloyd has been everywhere. I do think those things may keep him from feeling too bad about LLoyd. I mean Troy Brown cracked a lineup of studs like B.Coates, V.Brisby,. T.Glenn, and even when younger guys like Deion and David Givens came and took his starting spot he still showed he was a relevant playmaker and key to the Teams success so I think he is just not buying the "too much talent" for him to get touches argument cuz he knows Brady very well and most likely knows he is in the dog house somewhat....just my 2 cents..

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also Troy may be bias to a guy like Lloyd who does have some talent and skills but doesnt seem to maximize it weekly and with Troy Brown and the route he took and the talent he had, he is probably not wanting to make excuses for him and there there is the fact that Troy played his whole career for one team while Llloyd has been everywhere. I do think those things may keep him from feeling too bad about LLoyd. I mean Troy Brown cracked a lineup of studs like B.Coates, V.Brisby,. T.Glenn, and even when younger guys like Deion and David Givens came and took his starting spot he still showed he was a relevant playmaker and key to the Teams success so I think he is just not buying the "too much talent" for him to get touches argument cuz he knows Brady very well and most likely knows he is in the dog house somewhat....just my 2 cents..

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...  Troy has the cred to say what he wants.  As far as criticizing Lloyd, he might be challenging him.  The globe article was defensive of Lloyds contributions but troy might be trying to fire him up.  Like... Status quo ain't good enough, which is true for all players. he may know Brady but this is a lot different than2005 when he was still playing... Then again, get him a dam whistle and have him coach these guys up.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

McDaniels has game planned around Lloyd before to great success.  It hasn't been necessary thus far, due to the Pats having so many other weapons that create better mis matches.  However, since we are now down Gronk and Edlemen, it might be time to put some plays in to let Lloyd do his thing. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

One time I was kicking with these chics outside a limo and he showed up and was like "hey, u messing mit my hoes" (paraphrase) and we chopped it up after that. His career really changed for the better as did others once Carrol left.  He was out w/Terry Glenn and Law and Milloy. I ran into these dudes all the time. Class Acts!

TripleOG is a QuadrupleND (Quadruple Name Dropper, that is)

I'm sure Troy and the gang remember you fondly though...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

One time I was kicking with these chics outside a limo and he showed up and was like "hey, u messing mit my hoes" (paraphrase) and we chopped it up after that. His career really changed for the better as did others once Carrol left.  He was out w/Terry Glenn and Law and Milloy. I ran into these dudes all the time. Class Acts!

TripleOG is a QuadrupleND (Quadruple Name Dropper, that is)

I'm sure Troy and the gang remember you fondly though...

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CougarLover16. Show CougarLover16's posts

Lloyd can only catch the balls thrown to him, I think he's doing fine. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

he didnt say he didnt play the right way. the quote is in thee original post.

maybe one moment this year he was on sideline and didnt go back in in a tough situation in the game when we needed a play because he had a headache (from getting his bell rung)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Also Troy may be bias to a guy like Lloyd who does have some talent and skills but doesnt seem to maximize it weekly and with Troy Brown and the route he took and the talent he had, he is probably not wanting to make excuses for him and there there is the fact that Troy played his whole career for one team while Llloyd has been everywhere. I do think those things may keep him from feeling too bad about LLoyd. I mean Troy Brown cracked a lineup of studs like B.Coates, V.Brisby,. T.Glenn, and even when younger guys like Deion and David Givens came and took his starting spot he still showed he was a relevant playmaker and key to the Teams success so I think he is just not buying the "too much talent" for him to get touches argument cuz he knows Brady very well and most likely knows he is in the dog house somewhat....just my 2 cents..

[/QUOTE]

Yeah...  Troy has the cred to say what he wants.  As far as criticizing Lloyd, he might be challenging him.  The globe article was defensive of Lloyds contributions but troy might be trying to fire him up.  Like... Status quo ain't good enough, which is true for all players. he may know Brady but this is a lot different than2005 when he was still playing... Then again, get him a dam whistle and have him coach these guys up.

[/QUOTE]

nice post

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, and people on the outside used to rip on Troy, why are they putting him at db, etc.  People on the outside are ON THE OUTSIDE.  This is the Patriots.  Like the song, they say "F&#k YOU! We do what we want!"

Sections
Shortcuts