True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety)

In Response to Re: True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety):
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety) : Underwood error on the play. He drifted back instead of coming to the ball. That's likely what Brady was on him for. But that wasn't a smart pass by Brady. You can't expect a street scrub like that to read the ball like a veteran. No way you try to cut it that close with a guy like Underwood. I consider that more of a mental error than a bad throw.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]
    Ok, thanks.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety):
    [QUOTE]I've watched the video a number of times.  Welker is actually faded on the route while looking to the inside.  Yes there is a back shoulder.  it is Welker's shoulder closest to the sideline.  Had Welker looked to the outside as opposed to the inside on his route, he likely would have made the catch in stride.  Its likely that Welker turned inside because the safety's first reaction upon the snap is toward the middle of the field.  I give Welker alot of credit for the effort.  He still should have caught the ball, and Brady should have thrown a better ball.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I think the question none of us can answer is whether Welker should have played the ball the way he did or should have turned outside knowing that Brady would throw away from the safety.  I agree with you that it appears that if Welker had adjusted his route to the left, he probably could have caught that ball in stride without the spin move.  The question is whether that's what he should have done and what Brady was expecting him to do.  I don't know.  I don't know how any of us would know unless we had a coach's knowledge of the game. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Congratulation to those that have been helping the Colts' troll bash Brady and get his jollies thinking Fetus Head is better. Good work gang!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]Congratulation to those that have been helping the Colts' troll bash Brady and get his jollies thinking Fetus Head is better. Good work gang!
    That's not fair, I don't believe that was his intentions at all.  After all, you know Peyton Manning threw an int to end his SB victory drive.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

" The Giants are confused" "The Giants are confused" says Collinsworth before and after the play happened, but we threw the ball 28 yards in the air anyway. Whether you blame Brady,WW or the poor play calling by Billy Obrien(hey was that a job promotion or an exile?) this failed drive lost the game for us.

Our D had been on the field for 70% of the game at this point and had only given up 13 points to a good offense. It was only a matter of time before they caved. Time that our offense gave the Giants. Why throw a 28 yard lob to a 5ft 8 receiver on 2nd down up 2 points with 4 minutes to go in the SB? Why is WW running 20 yard routes down field?

How many times has Brady over thrown the 7 yard stop route, or how many times has Wes dropped it? Way to go Obrien, enjoy Penn state.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]"  this failed drive lost the game for us.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

No, the D collapse at the endgame literally lost the game for us.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]Our D had been on the field for 70% of the game at this point and had only given up 13 points to a good offense.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

Because they can't get off the field. And thus also the low score.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]Congratulation to those that have been helping the Colts' troll bash Brady and get his jollies thinking Fetus Head is better. Good work gang!

Been following this thread with disgust. An established HATER starts a thread for no reason other than cause division and LAUGH at the chumps that serve his perverted agenda. At no time would I acknowledge any of his drivel unless it was to remind him of how much of a looser he is spending all his free time on an opposing teams site trying to cause dissent and problems. When is the last time he said anything related to his own team of choice. That because he has NO TEAM OF CHOICE. He is nothing more than a hater, with no objective in life other than cause hate and conflict.

And every one falling into his game has been CHUMPED by this fool. What the fck does he care about anything Pats related. All he cares about is fcking with any fools head he can suck into playing his game.

Congratulation for being gullible enough to feed that troll all he could eat.....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety) : UD, you were going along fine until you came to this paragraph.  Was Brady supposed to wait till Welker ran another five, another ten yards?  The safety seemed to be coming back to cover Welker when he saw Welker open.  Was Brady suppossed to wait until the safety got there?  I think your argument falls apart right here. Brady sees Welker beat the defender then throws the ball away from the safetly to an area of the field where Welker can get to the ball and the defenders can't.  Whether Brady threw it too far or Welker didn't adjust right is impossible for me to tell because my football expertise doesn't extend that far.  Still, I don't see this as a horrible play by either player.  It was close to a completion.  Not every play is going to work.  The problem we have on this board is that certain people have an agenda to try to tell us Brady is the reason the Pats don't win Super Bowls anymore.  So they blow this play out of all proportion and completely ignore everything else that happened in the game. In my opinion Brady only made one serious mistake in the game.  The intereception.  Everything else was hardly Brady's fault.  No one mentions the two beautiful drives Brady orchestrated to end the first half and start the third.  You'd think this wasn't a Patriots board the way those two great drives are completely passed over and instead we focus on three plays (safety, interception, and Welker pass).  Crazy.   Was it suppossed to be a back shoulder catch (the way Welker played it) or was Welker suppossed to adjust his route to the left in response to the inside defenders?  I don't know.   
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]
    I was actually giving Brady the benefit of the doubt, by intimating that maybe Brady threw the ball or was in his motion before he saw welker look inside.  If its not a timing route and brady's got an open receiver, then I would expect him to possibly wait a split second to see where Welker was looking.  The one I've always been envious of Brady about is the amount of time he is given to throw and the amount of time he takes to do so. 

I'll accept that not every play is going to work, but based on the amount of consternation Welker is receiving for the play, I think it makes sense to look at all aspects of it.  If Brady was truly throwing to keep it away from defenders, then he did a good job except for throwing it a little too far as back shoulder throws are generally short, and Welker did a good job of adjusting to a difficult ball. 

I really don't fault brady all that much unless people are going to harp on Welker.  In that case, Brady had all kinds of time to make a better decision on the throw.  As you know, I think he could have made a better decision on the safety. 

That said, we are all entitled to our opinions, and I don't mind differing ones that are civil.  agree to disagree is fine.  attempts to pound an opinion into submission is met with severe resistance.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety) : That's not fair, I don't believe that was his intentions at all.  After all, you know Peyton Manning threw an int to end his SB victory drive.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]
    And I said in this thread that Brady's a more accurate passer than manning. 

Babe's just being a baby.

His name fits.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety) : Been following this thread with disgust. An established HATER starts a thread for no reason other than cause division and LAUGH at the chumps that serve his perverted agenda. At no time would I acknowledge any of his drivel unless it was to remind him of how much of a looser he is spending all his free time on an opposing teams site trying to cause dissent and problems. When is the last time he said anything related to his own team of choice. That because he has NO TEAM OF CHOICE. He is nothing more than a hater, with no objective in life other than cause hate and conflict. And every one falling into his game has been CHUMPED by this fool. What the fck does he care about anything Pats related. All he cares about is fcking with any fools head he can suck into playing his game. Congratulation for being gullible enough to feed that troll all he could eat.....
    Posted by part-timer[/QUOTE]

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety) : No, the D collapse at the endgame literally lost the game for us.

this is football, not chess.  The "endgame" characterization should be left to those who play the boardgame.  Further there are signficant other portions of the game that matter the beginning and the middle. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety) : Been following this thread with disgust. An established HATER starts a thread for no reason other than cause division and LAUGH at the chumps that serve his perverted agenda. At no time would I acknowledge any of his drivel unless it was to remind him of how much of a looser he is spending all his free time on an opposing teams site trying to cause dissent and problems. When is the last time he said anything related to his own team of choice. That because he has NO TEAM OF CHOICE. He is nothing more than a hater, with no objective in life other than cause hate and conflict. And every one falling into his game has been CHUMPED by this fool. What the fck does he care about anything Pats related. All he cares about is fcking with any fools head he can suck into playing his game. Congratulation for being gullible enough to feed that troll all he could eat.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

There's a cry towel waiting for you in your bathroom.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from part-timer. Show part-timer's posts

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In Response to True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety):
    [QUOTE]Y'all can give me a hard time, but I thought the title deserved equal time.  Here's the best video I've seen of the poor throw.  Its very good quality.  http://vimeo.com/36260742 Some thoughts:  Brady wasn't pressured at all.  He was in shot gun and the line held the defense very well.  It appears that Brady held the ball long enough to know that Welker was looking to the inside.  This isn't a timing route so the idea that receiver and QB must be on the same page with their reads doesn't apply in my opinion.  Welker should have caught the ball.  Brady, should have thrown a better ball.  If you watch the play, watch the safety (who imo is Brady's only real concern).  Before the snap the safety is moving from Welker's side toward the center of the field.  Upon the snap, his first move is to the center of the field, away from Welker.  Then, he moves out of the screen.  He immediately put himself out of position on the play, which I believe Brady saw.  By 5 yards into his route, Welker is looking to his inside.  With the safety not being a concern (not with Tom Brady's arm), and with the play not being a timing play, and with Brady not being pressured, Brady did not need to get rid of the ball so quickly.  If he's going to hold the ball as long as he did on the safety, what changed here?  Maybe Brady was afraid of the safety so he put the ball in the location where only Welker could get it, but in doing so, he raised the degree of difficulty for the catch significantly.  not only was it high, it was long.  Intentionally thrown back shoulder throws are slightly short of the receivers momentum because receivers have to slow down to make the body adjustment for the ball.  Welker deserves kudos for the effort to get in position to make the catch, something only a handful of receivers in the NFL would and could do (imo).  By being that skilled, he also becomes a goat because he was able to put his hands on a ball that the vast majority of other receivers wouldn't and couldn't.  Many on this board have diminished Welker's accomplishments in the face of this drop and his contract negotiations.  They believe he's been good but primarily a product of the system.  On the other hand, they have praised Tom Brady as the best of all time (top 3 minimum).  If these things are even partially true, then its brady's responsibility especially with no pressure, in shotgun, a four man rush, and a developing (not timing) route to put the ball in the best position for the receiver to catch it.  Especially for a receiver whose success has been due (as many have said) to the system and not his effort and skill. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

UD6, I told you so months ago. Now the NE Patriot Org has told you so by the way they have handled Wes. Shut up and move on. GREAT players make GREAT plays in BIG games. Wes failed and is in the fading years of a very good, but not HOF career. He could have made all the difference in the world with one more memorable catch on a catchable ball in the biggewt game of his life. Didn't do it! Get over it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] this is football, not chess.  The "endgame" characterization should be left to those who play the boardgame.  Further there are signficant other portions of the game that matter the beginning and the middle. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

And the D couldn't get off the field in the beginning or the middle either, troll.

"Endgame" is a sports term as well imbecile.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety) : And I said in this thread that Brady's a more accurate passer than manning.  Babe's just being a baby. His name fits.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Well, your name doesn't fit you. It should be "Hick troll that infests another team's board to try and prop up his should have done jail time hero".

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety) : There's a cry towel waiting for you in your bathroom.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Zip it troll.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: True analysis of Brady's poor throw (and I ain't talkin the safety) : Zip it troll.

Hi Babe. Cool