*****True Pats Fans Please Join In*****Where We Stand*****

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BRADY1321. Show BRADY1321's posts

Re: *****True Pats Fans Please Join In*****Where We Stand*****

In Response to *****True Pats Fans Please Join In*****Where We Stand*****:
    [QUOTE]So where do we stand? Offense: Our Offense needs another WR and Running back.  RB: I like our combination of Woodhead and Benny, but we need someone with a mix of their styles to hit a whole hard and break off a 20 yarder+ at anytime.  Benny and Woodhead could compliment that Back - if we so do find that person; however, I truly believe we need a little more there.  I know Benny eclipsed the 1000 yard mark, but don't you guys agree we could use a more explosive option with size and speed???  Not a major concern but definitely upgradable.   WR: I think Price will come through and he will add something to the Mix, and I believe he has potential to be the next Deion-like receiver.  I would like to see the Patriots add a 6'3 proto type possession receiver to move the chains and give Brady a bigger outside target.  Tate, Branch, Welker, Edleman, Price round out the troops so another option we would be relatively important when considering Branch's knees.   OL: What will happen with Mankins, Light?  One or the other could be tagged and I'm sure something to that nature will happen.  However, I suppose it's safe to say we will draft relatively high to add some depth there for the future.  I would think this is of great importance.  Otherwise, our offense is set with our TE's being our strongest point.  Another off season with this group we have now, and we should all expect huge strides from Gronk and Hernandez with Alge blocking away again.   Defense Defense Defense Can't pressure QB's and our D can't win us games.  They can do enough as long as Brady keeps scoring, but how do we stay in close games? Defense.  Obviously this group has grown immensely and will only continue to get better.  We did have major blows to our Dline towards the end of the season as well. Ty Warren, Leigh Bodden will be back and that already upgrades our defense don't forget. Pass Rush: Said it before the season started and I'll say it again.  We did generate some good pressure through the season, but I'd think it's time to get that difference maker.  I'm sure we will look to upgrade our DL and our OLB situation.  Cunningham looks great to this point and Nink held his own, but once again you can't have too much depth there and we could use more speed on the edge.  Tully might be on the Bubble here with his contract as well, so anything can happen there.    Our safety group and CB's with Bodden coming back is great, but if BB finds his guy he will still pull the trigger high in the draft I'm sure.  I think the only position to be satisfied with really is safety on D, but BB will always draft the best player available so who knows.  To make me excited this off-season I would love to see the Pats bring in a proven pass-rusher. This team is rebuilt and about to reload with 2 picks in the first three rounds... Guy's we have to be excited and it looks as though we are about to get the type of D that wins games and Brady can go back to just making smart plays.  A great Defense wins championships and when you throuw in a QB like Brady and coach like BB, I think the next 5 years are looking pretty great. I'm already looking forward to the draft and next year!  Tough loss, but good things to come. 
    Posted by Getzo[/QUOTE]

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The WR thing is beginning to bother me.  They won't throw to Tate.  That's a bad sign, I think.  We need to get the pass rush going, but not sure what we really have now, maybe with the 4 or 5 guys on IR back, we are o.k.  Like to see some DBs, Oline guys, OLBs.  Wouldn't mind trading for a good (and quiet) WR if he's not too old.  Benny is fine with me, I would say draft another bowling ball type guy and get rid of all the old guys.  That includes Faulk, I'm sad to say.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommmper. Show Stommmper's posts

In Response to Re: *****True Pats Fans Please Join In*****Where We Stand*****:
    [QUOTE]The WR thing is beginning to bother me.  They won't throw to Tate.  That's a bad sign, I think.  We need to get the pass rush going, but not sure what we really have now, maybe with the 4 or 5 guys on IR back, we are o.k.  Like to see some DBs, Oline guys, OLBs.  Wouldn't mind trading for a good (and quiet) WR if he's not too old.  Benny is fine with me, I would say draft another bowling ball type guy and get rid of all the old guys.  That includes Faulk, I'm sad to say.   
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]
    Dont be sad fuzzy wuzzy

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

The defenses of the SB winning teams had playmakers to help the team win games.  Currently they lack one now.  Maybe Jerod with some more experience may be the one.  Players like the Bruschi's and McGinnest's of the world are far and few in between.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

AND you can't read.  Did your MOM read it for you?  Tell her I said HI, and sorry I still owe her the $10.00.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

1 intimidating pass rusher. Need to put fear into opposition QB's. When it counted yesterday our D allowed an average QB to beat them. Get the pass rusher we need and team will be set.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

It appears that that bye week is not necessarily a good thing. The Steelers were flat the first half, Falcons for sure, Bears had a weak team and the Patriots. If we started better and not left those points on the field the first two drives. Anyway, six draft picks in the first three, and it is officially Baseball Season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

We definitely need an impact player on defense to generate more of a pass rush than we are currently getting. With that, all those third and long conversions by opposing offenses we got used to seeing will be substantially diminished and will give the offense more opportunities on the field.
      Next the O Line needs to be addressed, it doesn't matter how good our receivers are if Brady doesn't have the time to throw to them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]We definitely need an impact player on defense to generate more of a pass rush than we are currently getting. With that, all those third and long conversions by opposing offenses we got used to seeing will be substantially diminished and will give the offense more opportunities on the field.   Next the O Line needs to be addressed, it doesn't matter how good our receivers are if Brady doesn't have the time to throw to them.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420[/QUOTE]

Most of the time Brady had ample time.  They were coverage sacks. And sometimes, Brady should have scrambled to keep the Jets' D honest, but he wouldn't. Sometimes Brady had 10 seconds to throw and still could not find an open receiver or would not trust the open receiver enough to throw toward him.
     And the OL did a good job run-blocking, but the coaches abandoned the run post-haste, until they returned to it foolishly late.

The real needs are at speed rusher and DL. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: *****True Pats Fans Please Join In*****Where We Stand***** : Most of the time Brady had ample time.  They were coverage sacks. And sometimes, Brady should have scrambled to keep the Jets' D honest, but he wouldn't. Sometimes Brady had 10 seconds to throw and still could not find an open receiver or would not trust the open receiver enough to throw toward him.  And the OL did a good job run-blocking, but the coaches abandoned the run post-haste, until they returned to it foolishly late. The real needs are at speed rusher and DL. 
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

That's were I am at.  We need to put fear into these Qb's.  IMO I bet Rex told Sanchez don't rush your timing as you will have plenty of time.  They are depleted on their Dline and have no true threat ruushing from the outside. 
    Stay poised and wait for it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

The jets covered their a $$' off yesterday. They dared us to throw outside the #'s and we couldnt. When you play Rex you absolute expect the blitz and you expect to see it different shapes and sizes. That wasnt the case yesterday. Brady was not happy w/ what he saw out there. Our O needs some serious work over the off-season. Im sorry but the idea that your going to scheme your way to Dallas and depend on Danny Woodhead , Wes Welker and Branch is crazy. And after taking the shots that Welker took yesterday Im sure he agrees. We have a HOF QB and a patchwork WR corp. If you watched the last jets/Pitt games we played against we beat both Ds by owning the middle of the field , mostly thru our TEs. Yesterday the jets looked at Branch/Welker and took their chances w/ them outside the #'s.
     We need playmakers in here and we need them now. We really need to part ways w/ some guys that just arnt helping our team. Brandon Tate is not a Wr ... at all. Seriously these guys have been playing football for 15-20 years , they play in HS , in college , how many years has he got to sit back and learn our system? Same w/ Meri. and listen I am a fan of this kid but hes good enough. Seriously during his whole time here , hes never put together a solid season. Its 4-5 games here and then 3-4 where hes taking some of the worst angles known to man. And apparently hes teaching James Sanders who looked god awful on the J.C. catch yesterday. It was Mayo's job but Sanders was in position to make the play and failed ... bad! I need to stop now , I cant even get started on the D. Did the jets even try to run the ball up the middle or left. The made absolutely no secret about the fact that they were going to run right , just like the Ravens did last year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

get a couple pass rushers, big WR, LB, CB and o-line, a couple RB's to go with BJGE and Woodhead

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]get a couple pass rushers, big WR, LB, CB and o-line, a couple RB's to go with BJGE and Woodhead
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I'd like LaMichael James, but he's sticking around I think.  If Ingram is there do we take him?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

There must be a proven WR that's got speed and height we can have.  We need a solid #1 or #2 guy.  Price?  Don't know, but don't want to develop a guy at WR right now.  Someone already out there, maybe.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Some say I'm not a real fan, but I'll chime in anyway...

Pass rusher! Jermaine Cunningham may very well be part of the answer, I like what I've seen so far. It would be nice to see them spend a higher draft pick on someone to get after the QB.

Secondary help! I like Chung and McCourty, anyone else could be upgraded as far as I'm concerned. My  dislike or Meri is well documented, Butler is young but looks pretty far off, who knows what to expect from Bodden. Arrington/sanders are fine as fill ins, but I like them less as starters. Would have been nice to have McGowan this year.

I like the LBs: Mayo/Spikes/Niko/Cunningham/TBC/Guyton, that's a solid group. Could be better, but that's be nit-picking.

TE is set.

QB is set, though I'm sure they'll draft one. They do every year.

I like the backfield. I have no problem going with Woodhead and BJGE as the starters. Not sure if Faulk can come back at his age, but he'd make a nice #3. Not a bad thing if there is someone they like and they get him.

OLine could use some depth, and depending on what happens with mankins, there could be a HUGE spot to fill. I'm not as down on Light as many, I like Koppen and Vollmer. They could use someone good enough to be their 4/5th best Olineman right now though. The Jets got to Brady, but lets not forget he was one of the least sacked QBs throughout the year. The Jets, though people seemed to forget, have one of the better Ds in football right now.

WR. Ah yes, WR. They need help. They have Welker, and... They need a real, #1 outside threat. It doesn't have to be a young Randy Moss, even an Austin Collie/Mario Manningham type would be nice.

I don't think they need much. Another offseason for the youngest D in the NFL will help. A little help at offensive skill positions and on the line, and let them go.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from b12696. Show b12696's posts

I don't think offense is a major concern. This was a very good team with very few flaws, we just played bad in the game that mattered. I think the first round has to be DE, OLB, 2nd round WR, OLB, 3rd round DE, and mabye a halfback, but I am skeptical about drafting one with a valuable pick when we had 2 effective backs this year, so I say mabye 3rd round we draft a back.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

Trim the old RBs, get one more, get a second receiver, big body-up kind of guy, (maybe just play Gronk there!) and dump some DB dead weight- Butler, Wilhite-keep Arrington, get another DB.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Our RBs are fine. BJE average 4.5 yards and Woody averaged 5.2 this season, the OL needs youth injected in them and we need a pass-rush/mighty run stuffing DE. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

[QUOTE]Trim the old RBs, get one more, get a second receiver, big body-up kind of guy, (maybe just play Gronk there!) and dump some DB dead weight- Butler, Wilhite-keep Arrington, get another DB.  
    Posted by TroyBrown80[/QUOTE]

If Hernandez trimmed like 10 pounds, he would be like a Big Mike Williams type of player at WR, but that's just completely hypothetical.  We need a real WR with good height I think...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wazzu-wheatfarmer. Show Wazzu-wheatfarmer's posts

I agree that Tate is not a starting caliber reciever.  I think he still belongs on the roster though.  He is a great returner and he will develop into a respectable deep threat (as a 4th or 5th reciever).  Think of what an upgrade Julio Jones would be!  This wouldn't be a bad way to spend a 1st rounder.  Also would like to see OL addressed with other 1st rounder.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

My main concern just like a host of other fans is the pass rysh. This was lacking all through out the season. In turn, it exposed our young DBacks who IMO are better than most average DB crews.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I agree that Tate is not a starting caliber reciever.  I think he still belongs on the roster though.  He is a great returner and he will develop into a respectable deep threat (as a 4th or 5th reciever).  Think of what an upgrade Julio Jones would be!  This wouldn't be a bad way to spend a 1st rounder.  Also would like to see OL addressed with other 1st rounder.
    Posted by Wazzu-wheatfarmer[/QUOTE]

"Tate is a great returner"?  Devon Hester is a great returner. Eliis Hobbs is a very good returner.  Brandon Tate is a bad returner who had two great, exceptional returns this season. Tate actually stops in the face of tacklers. Edleman can do a better job at returning.  So can Welker.

Last night, Tate dropped more passes.  And he slowed up on a bomb that went out of his reach and would have been a TD if he kept his stride.

Brady clearly doesn't trust him. I think I have seen enough.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

trade Tate to get good WR like Lary Fitzgerld or Chad Ochiocochio.

DL, OL, CB , and  RB  at the daft. also need pass rush.

named a offensive and  a defensive acoornidator.

Sections
Shortcuts