True story of how Hern threatened Welk during his rook year!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: True story of how Hern threatened Welk during his rook year!

http://www.playersview.net/aaron-hernandez-welker/

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

Sorry Commy

This is all pure speculation. I am sure football players have words and conflicts with each other everyday. Happened all the time at High School level even pop warner, why would it stop in College or Pro's. 

Yes these guys are teammates, but they are also competing against each other everyday for a job and a starting role on the team. How do we know Welker didn't just tell him to Fxxx off? We don't know this.

Telling a teammate, I will Fxxx you up is a far cry from being involved in murdering a friend. Sorry and I think this is just piling on and trying to sell papers or get hits on the internet.

If someone scruntized all your actions in life, could you be made to sound like a thug? I would say a large majority could. The whole story must be noted and things like what happened between the two later and was their relationship strained, etc. need to fill in the context and void.

Welker is gone, what did or did not happen is in the past and unchangeable. I would rather focus on the here and now and how the Pats are going to replace Hernandez when he is gone.

Give up the ambulance chasing and BS... AH is done as a Patriot..... that is my view and I would like to see what BB does to make this happen and make the team better.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

Just heard Rodney on the radio saying how much he likes/liked Hernandez. Humble, hardworking, nice kid, etc, were all words used to describe him.

I am sure not all rookies react well to the hazing that goes on. What a non-story. 

Rodney is a talking head tool. This is not the time to be publicly supportive of a potential cold-blooded murderer/ accessory to murder. This is the time to reassess the level of protection these over-paid punks-turned-athletes get from their front offices.  For all the criticism Goodell receives for his Tough Cop approach to off-the-field issues, this is a time for him to act swiftly to protect the Shield.   'Monitoring the situation' while the player is destroying evidence doesn't seem like the appropriate response. I think Goodell should rattle Aaron's cage by taking the public position that Hernandez should cooperate with the athorities - or else. Kraft should do the same.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Since it's a legal kinda week I'm going with "heresay" on this one...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:

Sorry Commy

This is all pure speculation. I am sure football players have words and conflicts with each other everyday. Happened all the time at High School level even pop warner, why would it stop in College or Pro's. 

Yes these guys are teammates, but they are also competing against each other everyday for a job and a starting role on the team. How do we know Welker didn't just tell him to Fxxx off? We don't know this.

Telling a teammate, I will Fxxx you up is a far cry from being involved in murdering a friend. Sorry and I think this is just piling on and trying to sell papers or get hits on the internet.

If someone scruntized all your actions in life, could you be made to sound like a thug? I would say a large majority could. The whole story must be noted and things like what happened between the two later and was their relationship strained, etc. need to fill in the context and void.

Welker is gone, what did or did not happen is in the past and unchangeable. I would rather focus on the here and now and how the Pats are going to replace Hernandez when he is gone.

Give up the ambulance chasing and BS... AH is done as a Patriot..... that is my view and I would like to see what BB does to make this happen and make the team better.

--- " I am a happy fan, a proud fan and I want us to win every game 28-0 but as long as we win, the team is united and has a sense of respect to the community and the game I will be a patriots fan and damn proud of it." ---- signed a pats fan from middle earth

He has the ability to just make crap up. That's it. Make it up. The guy says he lives in Baltimore and doesn't have a gun?  Ha ha 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NedBraden's comment:

Just heard Rodney on the radio saying how much he likes/liked Hernandez. Humble, hardworking, nice kid, etc, were all words used to describe him.

I am sure not all rookies react well to the hazing that goes on. What a non-story. 

Rodney would say that about black mold growing on the bathroom stalls at Gillette. You of all people should know what a total unicorn jumping over a rainbow this guy has turned into regarding the Patriots - any and everything he says should be discounted - he's been wrong on everything. I remember him saying the same wonderful things about Merriweather a few years ago.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

That's pretty mild stuff concerning the way Vets treat rookies.  Pretty typical stuff when it comes to rookies, it's like a tradition to treat rookies like that, imo.  Rememeber when Dez Bryant wouldn't carry Roy Williams pads. 

I wonder what Hernandez would have done if Welker or anyone else said hey Aaron, carry my pads.  Or I wonder what Hernandez would have done in some of these cases.....

As NFL rookies prepare for the start of the season, they have lots to look forward to: money, fans and the opportunity to play a lifetime in the league. Life appears to be all glitz and glamour. So how do the vets loosen up the rooks and put them in their place? Pranks. After all, what better way to initiate a guy who's making twice as much money as you? We did some research to find some of the best (and PG-13-rated) jokes in the NFL. Welcome to the team, guys. … Happy hazing!

1. "With the GQ magazine thing, [my teammates] put a slide show of those pictures on every TV in the facility, and then they wrote like, 'David Hasselhoff?' We'd be installing plays on a PowerPoint presentation, and every once in a while, a PowerPoint would show up with one of the big pictures, and everyone's like, 'Ohhh!' And they'd dissect for like 10 minutes, and then we'd move on. It was pretty funny."
    -- Mark Sanchez, New York Jets

2. "Every year, you always switch out guys' lotions and put in Icy Hot, and every year, it never gets old. We always get the rookies early in camp when they're not paying attention."
    -- Steven Jackson, St. Louis Rams

3. "One of the defensive linemen told Quentin Groves he was going to the Pro Bowl for rookie of the year, and he believed it, so it was pretty funny. He called his family and everything. It was a funny joke. We ended up telling him after practice. You've got to humble them somehow."
    -- Maurice Jones-Drew, Jacksonville Jaguars

4. "When I was in Green Bay, one of the rookie linemen was supposed to take Marco Rivera and Mark Tauscher out to eat or get them something to eat, and he didn't do it. So they took the rims and the tires off his car and had them sitting in his locker when he got in from practice. That was the best prank I'd ever seen."
    -- Ahmad Carroll, New York Jets

5. "Singing; taped up to the goal post; dunked in an ice bath. They use about 20 guys, and if you're a rookie and you try to fight against it, it's not the smartest thing to do, because there's a lot of guys [who are] bigger and a lot of veterans. [It happened to] Leonard Pope."
    -- Matt Leinart, Arizona Cardinals

6. "Me and Ryan Grant went to college together at Notre Dame, and one year in summer school, I hid some open tuna fish in one of his luggage racks, and he couldn't find it for the whole summer. At Notre Dame during the summer, they always put us in dorms with no air conditioning, so it was hot. That amplified the tuna smell. He was getting into fights with his teammates because he thought other people was messing up his room. He still doesn't know I did it, but I guess now he'll find out."
    -- Justin Tuck, New York Giants

7. "Rich Seubert, our offensive lineman, he always puts this purple dye in the rookies' socks, gloves, pants. I don't know where he gets it from. I don't know what it is, but it stains real bad. And it's hard to get off. That's one prank they always do."
    -- Sinorice Moss, New York Giants

8. "Ben-Gay in a shampoo bottle. Ben-Gay's like Icy Hot, and when you put it on, it burns instantly. It's like hot. It's basically like Vick's VapoRub. And a guy put it in a shower gel bottle, and he was like on fire."
    -- Reggie Bush, New Orleans Saints

9. "When Jeb Terry was a rookie, Mike Alstott and Dave Moore took the hood off of his car and hid it behind one of the buildings, and he spent all day looking for it. He was talking smack to them. He tried to get them back, but you can't top that."
    -- Derrick Brooks, Tampa Bay Bucs (recently released)

10. "When Joey LaRocque was a rookie, he was a pretty funny guy, but all of the linebackers tied him up and picked him up and threw him in the ice tub and told him he had to hold his breath for two minutes under the ice."
    -- Darrell McClover, Chicago Bears

11. "A guy had his Hummer parked in the middle of the practice field. The whole moral of the joke was, 'You aren't above the team.' I guess he didn't come to practice because he felt like he didn't have to come. They said, 'If you're better than us, then you're going to park on the field.' It was Marcus McNeill. He's a very talented guy, a Pro Bowl guy. That was just really funny because when you went out to the practice field, you just see this big ol' Hummer on 26-inch rims and you're like, 'Who parked there?' Marcus McNeill."
    -- Antonio Gates, San Diego Chargers

12. "Joe Juraszek, a strength coach, made a big model figure of Zach Thomas and put a dummy together with all the stuff Zach wore, some footballs, Zach's pads, Zach's helmet and all of Zach's stuff. He put a for-sale sign for $9.97. It was really funny."
    -- DeMarcus Ware, Dallas Cowboys

13. "A lot of the rookies have to take the vets' cars and gas them up."
    -- Darren McFadden, Oakland Raiders

14. "[In Detroit], we had a guy from Mexico who was playing for the national team, and we were trying to cut his hair because he had real long hair and we wanted to shave his head. So we were chasing him, and he took off, ran through a door, broke the door and knocked himself out silly. So the next day, when he came back, we had outlined the door in chalk where he had fallen through. It was the funniest thing."
    -- Shaun Cody, Houston Texans

15. "Brett [Favre] killed a wild turkey and put it in one of our linebackers', Eric Barton's, locker. Everybody came in and was all freaked about it."
    -- Darrelle Revis, New York Jets

16. "There's some sticky glue they've put in rookies' helmets and stuff like that. It gets bad."
    -- Nnamdi Asomugha, Oakland Raiders

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=lane/090806&sportCat=nfl

---------------------------------------------

check out my Patriots photoshops @ patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com for some good laughs.

Photobucket

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Welker was being a tool and you guys know it, it's not like Hern asked him to help him with his Xbox game,  he was trying to better himself as a player and you'd think a veteran NFL player would respect that and help.

But Welker gets a pass.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Welker was being a tool and you guys know it, it's not like Hern asked him to help him with his Xbox game,  he was trying to better himself as a player and you'd think a veteran NFL player would respect that and help.

But Welker gets a pass.

It's obvious that you never belonged to a college fraternity or any group with a hazing tradition. Every rookie knows he will get hazed - it's part of developing mental toughness and exchanging individuality for 'team'. It is the 'team' who hazes the rookie, not the specific player providing the hazing experience. All team vets are required to contribute to hazing, even if they personally consider it childish. Welker announced he was hazing by addressing him as 'rookie'. Hernandez's response was totally out of line for a rookie who wants to blend in with the vets, and should have been punished immediately by the other players or even the coaching staff ( if they heard about it). Hazing was an especially important 'attitude' adjustment for a player with suspected gang affiliations. Hernandez's reaction to Welker was a red flag indication that Aaron had some growing up to do. That's all. Only locker room insiders know the attitude adjustments that Aaron did/didn't make over the years.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Bumped

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to CommChairman's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

But Welker gets a pass.

It's obvious that you never belonged to a college fraternity or any group with a hazing tradition. Every rookie knows he will get hazed - it's part of developing mental toughness and exchanging individuality for 'team'. It is the 'team' who hazes the rookie, not the specific player providing the hazing experience. All team vets are required to contribute to hazing, even if they personally consider it childish. Welker announced he was hazing by addressing him as 'rookie'. Hernandez's response was totally out of line for a rookie who wants to blend in with the vets, and should have been punished immediately by the other players or even the coaching staff ( if they heard about it). Hazing was an especially important 'attitude' adjustment for a player with suspected gang affiliations. Hernandez's reaction to Welker was a red flag indication that Aaron had some growing up to do. That's all. Only locker room insiders know the attitude adjustments that Aaron did/didn't make over the years.

I'm on Aaron's side,  time and place for everything. You can haze the rook by making him carry your stuff, shave his head, make them slide around on the sanctioned haze day,  but if a rookie asks for football help, why would a veteran basically say "F off"?

Like I said, Welker gets the pass, but he was the tool.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

apparently, hern was reviewing film and the equipment got jammed, welk was walking by and herny reached out for some help. apparently in typical welky sarcasm mode, he snapped back "figure it out ROOKIE" or something to that effect as he kept on strutting by. this totally enraged hern who leaped up and threatened to beat up welker right there and then. god thing he had not been drinking with a 22 in his holster with minions to egg him on. 

this is a story i can totally buy due to the participants involved and the fact that hern comes from a tradition where any open disrespect has to be responded to in the strongest of ways. not sure of how their relationship evolved after that, but would assume it wasnt good and that it didnt help with unit cohesion. i would also assume that the coaches took hern's side since he's the one that got rewarded with the big contract while the ever-reliable welk got ditched and had to grovel for what turned out to be a very discounted offer. total disrespect to wes.. TWICE!

may have also hurt wes' status among his teammates to c or hear of him being punked by a snotty rook without any retaliation on his part. these things tend to have an impact of their own.

When it comes to the social heirarchy in a pro ball locker room, the more a rookie is willing to take, the more the vets will dump on em. A-Hern obviously isnt one to take much from a sarcastic dwarf like Welkie and saw it as an opp to draw a line in the sand as to whom he was willing to tolerate. I agree that Welkie lost juice amongst the boys while A-Hern gained some. These kinda exchanges take place  near daily in NFL locker rooms. Taken with a grain of salt And laughed off over a day of work. During the dog days of camp, youll even hear a death threat or two being launched in heated moments.  Non event. If anything, A-Hern got his man card punched and took a step up in the locker room. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

http://www.playersview.net/aaron-hernandez-welker/

photo BBandtheRat_zpsc338a3a1.gif

Awesome Vito!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommChairman. Show CommChairman's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

In response to CommyContrarianOnTwitter's comment:

apparently, hern was reviewing film and the equipment got jammed, welk was walking by and herny reached out for some help. apparently in typical welky sarcasm mode, he snapped back "figure it out ROOKIE" or something to that effect as he kept on strutting by. this totally enraged hern who leaped up and threatened to beat up welker right there and then. god thing he had not been drinking with a 22 in his holster with minions to egg him on. 

this is a story i can totally buy due to the participants involved and the fact that hern comes from a tradition where any open disrespect has to be responded to in the strongest of ways. not sure of how their relationship evolved after that, but would assume it wasnt good and that it didnt help with unit cohesion. i would also assume that the coaches took hern's side since he's the one that got rewarded with the big contract while the ever-reliable welk got ditched and had to grovel for what turned out to be a very discounted offer. total disrespect to wes.. TWICE!

may have also hurt wes' status among his teammates to c or hear of him being punked by a snotty rook without any retaliation on his part. these things tend to have an impact of their own.

When it comes to the social heirarchy in a pro ball locker room, the more a rookie is willing to take, the more the vets will dump on em. A-Hern obviously isnt one to take much from a sarcastic dwarf like Welkie and saw it as an opp to draw a line in the sand as to whom he was willing to tolerate. I agree that Welkie lost juice amongst the boys while A-Hern gained some. These kinda exchanges take place  near daily in NFL locker rooms. Taken with a grain of salt And laughed off over a day of work. During the dog days of camp, youll even hear a death threat or two being launched in heated moments.  Non event. If anything, A-Hern got his man card punched and took a step up in the locker room. 

Try rereading TFB12's post and examples. I don't know where you get your info - or your assumptions - but smack-talking during hazing is not the conduit to punch your man-card. Anytime you disrespect a vet hazing with some backtalk, you are disrespecting the team - not just an individual. Rooks are supposed to know their place at the bottom of the food chain. Talking smack to a vet will not gain any respect - it will intensify the hazing from all corners. As an UDFA himself, Welker had to take a lot of crap himself as a rook.  Players who do not accept the hazing tradition should try another profession, because it only gets worse on the field.

Sections
Shortcuts