TRUST BILL!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jmmyslinski. Show jmmyslinski's posts

TRUST BILL!!

The gauntlet has fallen, and this is where the season will be decided.  If Belichick was going to save this sinking ship, and yes.... the ship is sinking,  he did the right thing this week. 

There has not been a better catalyst for the Patriots over the years, than a dose of contraversy.  Principal Belichick sent a few boys home for the day, because nobody was left to kick some loafers in the rear!  Hopefully, that was a coach doing his part to get a rise out of a possible leader (similar to Singletary's lashing at Vernon Davis last year). 

Sometimes you have to "create" leadership as a coach, but it won't be Adalius Thomas.  Maybe Bill was getting Thomas out of the way, because he's been trouble for a while, who knows.  I can bet you'll see someone step up real big on defense this week.  Because they have embaressed themselves the past month, and there is still pride here.  I would like to see Mayo step up as a leader.  Mybe that will help stop the murder train that has been ripping our D in the 4th quarter this year. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patswirelessfan. Show patswirelessfan's posts

Re: TRUST BILL!!

A new defensive co-ordinator who can make adjustments wouldn't hurt either....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

A new DC will make a big difference next year.  As a veteran and professional AT should not be reacting like this.  As frustrated as I been this year as a Pats fan BB did the right thing.  Weed out the phonies.  AT is obviously not the type of BB wants on his team.  Even Seymour stayed quiet until he left.  He may have disagreed with BB but you better know your role.  He is the coach and you are the player.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to TRUST BILL!!:
    [QUOTE]The gauntlet has fallen, and this is where the season will be decided.  If Belichick was going to save this sinking ship, and yes.... the ship is sinking,  he did the right thing this week.  There has not been a better catalyst for the Patriots over the years, than a dose of contraversy.  Principal Belichick sent a few boys home for the day, because nobody was left to kick some loafers in the rear!  Hopefully, that was a coach doing his part to get a rise out of a possible leader (similar to Singletary's lashing at Vernon Davis last year).  Sometimes you have to "create" leadership as a coach, but it won't be Adalius Thomas.  Maybe Bill was getting Thomas out of the way, because he's been trouble for a while, who knows.  I can bet you'll see someone step up real big on defense this week.  Because they have embaressed themselves the past month, and there is still pride here.  I would like to see Mayo step up as a leader.  Mybe that will help stop the murder train that has been ripping our D in the 4th quarter this year. 
    Posted by jmmyslinski[/QUOTE]

Sorry, too much Koolaid for me.

BB "lost" players during the Indy game.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

I trust Bill and he hasn't "lost" the players but I wonder how long it took for 49er fans to realize they weren't going to win another Super Bowl for a long time. Regardless...Go Pats!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In Response to Re: TRUST BILL!!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to TRUST BILL!! : Sorry, too much Koolaid for me. BB "lost" players during the Indy game.....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

It's not BB's job to keep from hurting peoples feelings.  The "D" had 50 opportunities to stop Peyton and couldn't.  They also had more opportunity after the "failed" (sarcastic) play.  So, if he "lost" players as you say, then maybe they shouldn't be there in the first place as maybe they should be looking at their own lack of play rather than a coaching decision.
    Do you prefer "lemonade"?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: TRUST BILL!!:
    [QUOTE]I trust Bill and he hasn't "lost" the players but I wonder how long it took for 49er fans to realize they weren't going to win another Super Bowl for a long time. Regardless...Go Pats!!
    Posted by Yapple[/QUOTE]

Telling 4 players to go home and NOT practice (especially in light of inclement weather) - with 4 games to go - all 4 games which (in my opinion) is a must win game - is IRRESPONSIBLE.  How is that helpul for the "team"?  It was an act of desparation - something that I would expect from the likes of Mangini - but not from  BB.  These are grown men we are talking about. Should a message be sent? Yes - just in a different way.  He is gambling again - just like going on 4th and short vs. Miami instead of taking 3 points (which may have actually WON the game vs. the Fins).