Try O'Connell - who's with me?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from outlaws. Show outlaws's posts

casell !#$%! so bad i would put O'Connell in .bill is one of the best coaches of all time. i can't believe he is sticking with a career college back up this long.
    the pats wouldn't beat the brockton high school team with this bum at qb.....time for a change or kiss the season goodbye and look for the first pick in the draft then the lost season would be worth it maybe that's what BB is thinking now anyways.........later

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I agree that Cassel stinks. But they made a very honest effort to replace Samuel.

It took a few years for Samuel to become what he was the last couple years.

The draft picks look solid for young guys and I expect them to get more playing time as the season continues.

Kind of like buying stock when it is low, I am actually still excied about the youth in the secondary adn look for them to improve as the season goes on and again into next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

Weren't we all scratching our heads a month and a half ago when we saw that Cassell actually made the team. Well, we're still scratching. I thought he'd put O'Connell in during garbage time last night. It has become laughable. I asked God to forgive me when I was hoping for an ugly sack on Cassell to end the misery. If you know what I mean. Don't want him hurt, just want Bill to WAKE UP. Or maybe Cassell's play has put him to sleep. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

I wonder if Cassel is reading these forums??????

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mtbr1975. Show mtbr1975's posts

You so called Pats Fans are pathetic.

Fair weather fans all of you, you now think you know better than BB? Exactly how many Superbowls have you won? How many pro-teams have you coached? Oh yeah, just as many as me - NONE!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from touchdownpats. Show touchdownpats's posts

FYI-This is the real world. I would have been fired from my job if I performed like this. And "Yes" we do talk about the job performance of our co-workers and people who report to us. Those are called "performance evaluations". A couple of bad evaluations and "bye-bye". Unfortunately, Pro sports are a very public display of your ability, or lack there of. As fans, we like to make commentary about the team we've supported, for me, since Jim Plunkett was throwing to Randy Vataha, and going 2-12 every year. No one on this board is an "expert" just a bunch of fans with an opinion. Or we'd be coaching right now and ignoring these stupid chats!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from madtownjm. Show madtownjm's posts

I agree. Bill got to give the rookie a chance or the season is over. Cassel is not the guy. He needs to go back to H.S. ball.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from madtownjm. Show madtownjm's posts

Go with the rook.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ajinflorida. Show ajinflorida's posts

Put Cassell where he played in college and on for the pros - back on the bench. Give the kid four games to see what he can do. He's got a stronger arm, quicker realease, better view of the field, makes instant choices, better legs, better fakes, better touch, better all round. Wake up coach. Don't wait until Cassell goes down to make the change like you did with Bledsoe. You have to make the change now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Here's what they will do. After the Indy game the Pats should be 4-4. The next 3 games after that will be against AFC east opponents. we lose 2 or all 3 of those then the season is done, and you can give the rookie his shot. Cassel is gone regardless after this season anyway.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

[Quote]

Zekewolf: Get a hold of yourself! I don't think anyone is taking pleasure in coming to the conclusion that Cassel can't get it done!

Here's how I see it. The Pats are 3-2 and have a very important game coming up against Denver. Cutler/Marshall is going to torch our CB's a lot worse than SD did last night if we don't tighten things up in a hurry.

In my heart I believe BB knows Cassel isn't the answer but is just buying some time to get O'Connell more acquainted with the system. Hopefully that will be sooner rather than later![/Quote] What system anyone can throw 5 yard passes

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[Quote]Here's what they will do. After the Indy game the Pats should be 4-4. The next 3 games after that will be against AFC east opponents. we lose 2 or all 3 of those then the season is done, and you can give the rookie his shot. Cassel is gone regardless after this season anyway.[/Quote]

00Chief00: That makes no sense to me! Why wait until the season is in the tank before making the QB change? It is 110% clear that Cassel is not going to take us to the promised land. Why not roll the dice with O'Connell to see what he's got. If he completely flops, you can still put Cassel back in.

I would like to see them replace Cassel at least in the red zone with O'Connell. Give him some reps and see what he can do. The contrast in QB styles will confuse defenses. I know it's not the traditional style of football at the NFL level but either is the "wildcat" offense that seems to me working in Miami!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from m33flah24. Show m33flah24's posts

with the trade deadline being today...why haven't the Patriots try or thought about getting Jake Plummer out of retirement and trade for him..Just a Thought...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

[Quote]

00Chief00: That makes no sense to me! Why wait until the season is in the tank before making the QB change? It is 110% clear that Cassel is not going to take us to the promised land. Why not roll the dice with O'Connell to see what he's got. If he completely flops, you can still put Cassel back in.

I would like to see them replace Cassel at least in the red zone with O'Connell. Give him some reps and see what he can do. The contrast in QB styles will confuse defenses. I know it's not the traditional style of football at the NFL level but either is the "wildcat" offense that seems to me working in Miami![/Quote]

Delux my old nemesis, BB needs to continue to try to win. While you and I (and I do agree with you) think that cassel won't get it done no matter how many chances he gets, I think in BB's mind, if they bench cassel at any point your saying to the team "the season is over". Also what happens if the rookie doesn't succeed, (and he most likely wont short term)? Then you put cassel back in there, his confidence is now shot, and the season really is over no matter how you move forward. No I think what I said earlier is exactly how the pats will move forward, whether we like it or not. It'll be painfull no doubt no matter what they do......

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

You are right Cassel is not the answer at this time but you know whol else is not the answer right now? kevin O Connel, if Cassel loses us 4 games i think thats when they will give him the pull but i dont think that will happen sooner. I am glad Delux does not care that he is a rookie but I do care and dont want to see our rookie QB thrown under the bus, not to mention all hope will be gone once O Connel enters the game and you know why? Cause right now if we do bad you guys can all say its Cassel! its Cassel! and put in O Connel he will save us all! But once we put him in if he does bad who will you look to? Belicheck is taking his time and we should all wait for Belicheck to make the call. O Connel will be the starter at the end of this season but until then Cassel will beat the teams he is sopossed to beat like he did against the 49ers and he will lose us the big game slike against the Chargers but we have far more games we should win then tough games so i think he will end up with more wins then loses at the end of the year whether we put O Connel in the game or not.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[Quote]

Delux my old nemesis, BB needs to continue to try to win. While you and I (and I do agree with you) think that cassel won't get it done no matter how many chances he gets, I think in BB's mind, if they bench cassel at any point your saying to the team "the season is over". Also what happens if the rookie doesn't succeed, (and he most likely wont short term)? Then you put cassel back in there, his confidence is now shot, and the season really is over no matter how you move forward. No I think what I said earlier is exactly how the pats will move forward, whether we like it or not. It'll be painfull no doubt no matter what they do......[/Quote]

Damn 00Chief00, you made too many good points for me to argue with! I can't necessarily disagree with anything you said..

I guess my feeling is you can put a pig in a dress but it's still a pig! You can place your bets on Cassel but I think we know what he is by now.. He's just an average #3 QB that is not going to take us anywhere! Mind as well place your bets on the rookie and stick with him. Cassel ain't gonna be here next year and O'Connell is the future. Get him some playing time and see what he's got!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

if Cassel wins 9 games this season you can bet your a$$ he will be back in NE as a back up, he will end up being the # 3 QB but if he wins 9 games under this situation then he is a good back up in this league and we wont let him go. Some back up QB's couldnt even come in and win 3 games the way Cassel is and i think that has passed us all by, seriously guys think about some of the back up QB's that have stunk it up over the years when someone has gone down? Cassel has shown us all that he has the talent, if he only head the QB vision he would be a very good QB that is the only thing he is missing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[Quote]

Damn 00Chief00, you made too many good points for me to argue with! I can't necessarily disagree with anything you said..

I guess my feeling is you can put a pig in a dress but it's still a pig! You can place your bets on Cassel but I think we know what he is by now.. He's just an average #3 QB that is not going to take us anywhere! Mind as well place your bets on the rookie and stick with him. Cassel ain't gonna be here next year and O'Connell is the future. Get him some playing time and see what he's got![/Quote]o-connel is the future.get him some playing time,and lets see what he,s got.gee-wiz.we dont know if this kid can play,or what he has,but he is our future.now that really made sence.talk about loseing credibility.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

If and when they do switch to the rook, there is no turning back. But they won't do it until there is no chance of the playoffs. Right now (and you may argue this) there is still a chance. But they are hanging on by a thread.

But at some point if they do switch, they need to stick to it. No back and forth bs like other teams do. make a decision and stay with it.

And cassel will NOT be back next year. I will bet money on it.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[Quote]o-connel is the future.get him some playing time,and lets see what he,s got.gee-wiz.we dont know if this kid can play,or what he has,but he is our future.now that really made sence.talk about loseing credibility.[/Quote]

Mosseffect: I don't know why I even waste my time responding to your rediculous comments sometimes.. I think starting O'Connell is a better alternative than putting Brady on the sidelines so he can "yell, slap, and scream" to motivate the players like you suggested. Give me a break!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

but its ok for you to make a rediculous comment?what your so called logic outweighs others?its ok for you to talk down,or insult someone,but they cant do it to you.i will drop this.in the future just disagree with me without the insults.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

So far the biggest arguments AGAINST O'Connel are the following: "The SAME PEOPLE who Drafted Matt Cassel Drafted Kevin O'Connel...". The inference here is that since they were drafted by the SAME People they PROBABLY play the same. This argument get's none of my time, and may in fact be the weakest form of elliptical, specious deductive reasoning I've ever heard in my life...congratulations. It has about the same merit as believing THIS: "Duck's can swim. Humans can swim. Humans are ducks."

What really makes sense are those Posters who say, "We don't know what O'Connel can do either, What IF he stinks." That type of Post is like saying, "I will never try anything again for the rest of my life because I MIGHT not like it, I MIGHT not enjoy it, It MIGHT not be any good." It is vastly ignorant to judge soemone's capabilities before even giving them a chance. It's not right.

Another, and possibly the best Argument for keeping Cassel in is that IF O'Connel IS put in and IF He DOES stink, Matt Cassel, when He goes back in will have his confidence shot... Here is what I Think: WhoTH CARES! Even Cassel supporters say that Cassel isn't the future of this team, and that He's gone at the end of this year anyways... OR, How about this answer: WHO's TO SAY MATT CASSEL GOES BACK IN TO BEGIN WITH! The best He can do is get sacked and throw a ball roughly 5 yards past the line of scrimmage...Anyone can do that. By the time We put O'Connel in, and in the almost unbelievably unlikely event find out that HE IS WORSE than Matt Cassel, the Season will be over anyways, AND IF IT isn't...THEY BOTH SUCK, SO THEY BOTH AREN'T THE ANSWER...so throw the next guy in (Guiterrez).

In ALL, Matt Cassel supporters it would benefit your side greatly if you guys came up with a couple (or ANY) Argument that We should keep him under center that isn't either absolutely ridiculous OR at best, cannot be negated within 2 sentences of rationale thinking... Those that want O'Connel in might actually listen to what you have to say then.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[Quote]So far the biggest arguments AGAINST O'Connel are the following: "The SAME PEOPLE who Drafted Matt Cassel Drafted Kevin O'Connel...". The inference here is that since they were drafted by the SAME People they PROBABLY play the same. This argument get's none of my time, and may in fact be the weakest form of elliptical, specious deductive reasoning I've ever heard in my life...congratulations. It has about the same merit as believing THIS: "Duck's can swim. Humans can swim. Humans are ducks."

What really makes sense are those Posters who say, "We don't know what O'Connel can do either, What IF he stinks." That type of Post is like saying, "I will never try anything again for the rest of my life because I MIGHT not like it, I MIGHT not enjoy it, It MIGHT not be any good." It is vastly ignorant to judge soemone's capabilities before even giving them a chance. It's not right.

Another, and possibly the best Argument for keeping Cassel in is that IF O'Connel IS put in and IF He DOES stink, Matt Cassel, when He goes back in will have his confidence shot... Here is what I Think: WhoTH CARES! Even Cassel supporters say that Cassel isn't the future of this team, and that He's gone at the end of this year anyways... OR, How about this answer: WHO's TO SAY MATT CASSEL GOES BACK IN TO BEGIN WITH! The best He can do is get sacked and throw a ball roughly 5 yards past the line of scrimmage...Anyone can do that. By the time We put O'Connel in, and in the almost unbelievably unlikely event find out that HE IS WORSE than Matt Cassel, the Season will be over anyways, AND IF IT isn't...THEY BOTH SUCK, SO THEY BOTH AREN'T THE ANSWER...so throw the next guy in (Guiterrez).

In ALL, Matt Cassel supporters it would benefit your side greatly if you guys came up with a couple (or ANY) Argument that We should keep him under center that isn't either absolutely ridiculous OR at best, cannot be negated within 2 sentences of rationale thinking... Those that want O'Connel in might actually listen to what you have to say then.[/Quote]

I feel like I just got out of Ancient Greek Philosophy class and am more confused than I was before I went in!

Let me break it down for you SeanGar2: Cassel clearly is not going to get the job done. He has been here several years and I think there is enough body of work to come to that conclusion. If that's the case, why not give O'Connell a shot? Why not implement them both into the game plan? Get O'Connell some redzone snaps? Why not try and be a little creative. I'm not suggesting coying Miami and using the wildcat offense but for goodness sakes, I wish McDaniels would stop trying to make Cassel be Tom Brady. They don't have the same talents so why not mix it up a bit?
    In my own opinion, I just don't think Cassel will get the job done. I HOPE I'm WRONG! But from what I can tell, it ain't gonna happen.
    Here's a question for you: How long do you think Belichick would have stuck with Bledsoe back in 2001 if he never got hurt? My guess is the whole season would have been a bust and the Dynasty never would have been born! Tom Brady would likely be working with his Dad selling insurance!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

So far the biggest arguments AGAINST O'Connel are the following: "The SAME PEOPLE who Drafted Matt Cassel Drafted Kevin O'Connel...". The inference here is that since they were drafted by the SAME People they PROBABLY play the same. This argument get's none of my time, and may in fact be the weakest form of elliptical, specious deductive reasoning I've ever heard in my life...congratulations. It has about the same merit as believing THIS: "Duck's can swim. Humans can swim. Humans are ducks."

Sean, I'm assuming your refering to my post. But it's not that I'm a huge Cassel supporter, it's just the fact that the problems for the Pats right now run far deeper than just QB. I'm all for putting in O'Connell, but one thing is for certain, he won't play at the same level as Brady and pretty much that's the only QB that can make the Pats look like the Pats of old. CB's are still the same and the defense is still not getting pressure on the QB. I don't expect the OL to give O'Connell any more time then their giving Cassell. The only hope Kevin O. has is if he can break down a defense as fast as Brady, my guess is he can't.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

The fact of the matter is none of us will be happy till number 12 is back out on that field