Try O'Connell - who's with me?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Not Bill Belichik apparently.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

Amen-mvp.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

sean-gar i like your logic.i will support who ever is in.i would really be agreeing with the o-connel thing if everyone would admit there are far more problems on the team.then just cassel.i would realize more if everyone was wanting a couple of players removed the just cassel.but when you make it out he was the sole reason we lose is crazy.in our losses he hasnt helped,but i can name a few players i would love to see replaced.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

Thanks mosseffect... As I, too, actually respect the fact, your loyalty to whomever gets the nod from BB as the starter. It's hard though for me, after living through the latter Bledsoe years. Makes me recall an instance when My cousin stopped by my apartment in those later Bledsoe times, Pat's were on, and I recall him laughing at me as I was watching the screen. He said simply, "I've come to the conclusion that Patriot Fans are the only Fans in the NFL, that have a QB, that when He goes back to pass I actually hear them all collectively holding their breaths." Well, mosseffect, I inherited kinda a bad heart, and I think Bledsoe made it worse, I'm thinkin' IF Cassel lasts the year, it might actually kill me LOL.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

[Quote]Grogs I have to tell you I am not expecting miracles from Kevin OConnell...
    I do expect him to take us into the end zone a few times more than the present quarterback....I don't expect him to be the second coming of Tom Brady but he will be vast improvemet over what we have ...All I'm seeing for an arguement against Oconnell is....1) he's a rookie ...'2) he's inexperienceed.... 3) he doesn't know the plays.....
    ANSWERS ARE:
    1) Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco..... if OConnell hasn't played during the season as of yet how can you possibly pre-judge him and say he's not ready....I just mentioned two rookies that are starters with their respective teams ...How can you say he isn't as good or better than either of these quarterbacks

2) Will one of you geniuses please tell me how you get experience without playing ???

3) He is presently the back-up quarterback
    ...Every day of every week he goes through the exact same preparation mentally and physically for each upcoming game. as Cassell does..[/Quote]

Sonny, I hope we do get to see O'Connell. but that's up to BB and right now he says no. So as I states in another post, it's on BB not Cassel for any more poor performances.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[Quote]sean-gar i like your logic.i will support who ever is in.i would really be agreeing with the o-connel thing if everyone would admit there are far more problems on the team.then just cassel.i would realize more if everyone was wanting a couple of players removed the just cassel.but when you make it out he was the sole reason we lose is crazy.in our losses he hasnt helped,but i can name a few players i would love to see replaced.[/Quote]

Mosseffect: I agree there are far more problems with the Pats right now than just the QB. The shortcomings are all pretty obvious. There are a lot of postings in this forum pointing out different problems. This specific thread is about the QB position and most specifically about giving Kevin O'Connell his shot!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

well when that time comes.i will totally support him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Matt Ryan was a top 5 pick and Joe Flacco was a 1st rounder, Flacco has been better then people thought but is not going to take them to the playoffs and Ryan was groomed from the word go to be the opening day starter, he was given all the plays and has already learned that whole playbook cause he is the franchise QB

O Connel is a 3rd round pick who has not been given the entire playbook and was never thought to be the opening day starter. You are 100% right Sonny that he is the better QB and if Brady had gone down in training camp then O Connel would have been given a way bigger role and more of the playbook to study plus he would have gottne way more time with teh coaching staff and he would be our starting QB right now but that is not the situation, the situation is Brady went down in week one and we were not ready for this, they were bringing O Connel along slowly like they always do with rookie QB's all offseason and then boom! Brady goes down so now O Connel is just a very talented rookie with not a lot of knowledge of the playbook. I agree that if he was treated the same way as Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco from the get go and given the "keys to the franchise" the way those two 1st rounder were then yes he would be our starter right now but he wasnt he was a 3rd round pick that we thought would have a year to learn while Brady lit it up and so he was not prepared the same way Matt Ryan was. If Cassel does not get the job done O Connel will get the nod and lets hope Cassel can either take us all the way or at least give the coaching staff enough time to get O Connel ready.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

I disagree here. They might as well cut Cassel if it gets that far, he's actually becoming an ok backup - not a starter - but ok backup.

This would effectively end the season and hurt the team going forward. You can't say let's plan for the future with O'C and expect the veterans on this team to respond favorably.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

[Quote]The Tally:

I just wen tthrough all 73 posts and counted them up (subtracting the number of doble posts)

O'Connel: 38
    Cassel: 24

O'C wins. He's the new starter. I'll forward this to the front office.[/Quote]

Bmonaghans: Like your style! Kevin O'Connell for President!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

[Quote]The Tally:

I just wen tthrough all 73 posts and counted them up (subtracting the number of doble posts)

Me too, lol, That was funny... Are You saying that We as avid, psycho, delusional Fans just MIGHT Not be putting things in complete perspective? Personally bmonaghans, I'm quite content in my mindset thank you very much, because I, for one know that Bill Belichick told Scott Pioli who told Everyone else in the Pat's Front Office, to come onto this site in order to read, and here, I mean specifically, My, Posts. In fact I'd like to think that the first thing BB does when He wakes up in the morning is to go on this site, and say to himself, "Wonder what masteries of the game Sean came up with last night, God, I hope he posted, 'cause if he didn't the Patriot's Organization is goin' nowhere today." But, ya know, I DON'T have these grand delusions, I'm not an idiot ya know, I'm WELL aware that there are times in the course of Belichick's tenure with the team that He has made 1 or 2 decisions on his own, putting off reading my posts to midday... 8^)

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeanGar. Show SeanGar's posts

[Quote]The Tally:

Me too, lol, That was funny... Are You saying that We as avid, psycho, delusional Fans just MIGHT Not be putting things in complete perspective? Personally bmonaghans, I'm quite content in my mindset thank you very much, because I, for one know that Bill Belichick told Scott Pioli who told Everyone else in the Pat's Front Office, to come onto this site in order to read, and here, I mean specifically, My, Posts. In fact I'd like to think that the first thing BB does when He wakes up in the morning is to go on this site, and say to himself, "Wonder what masteries of the game Sean came up with last night, God, I hope he posted, 'cause if he didn't the Patriot's Organization is goin' nowhere today." But, ya know, I DON'T have these grand delusions, I'm not an idiot ya know, I'm WELL aware that there are times in the course of Belichick's tenure with the team that He has made 1 or 2 decisions on his own, putting off reading my posts to midday... 8^)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Re: Try O'Connell - who's with me?

Just for sh*ts and giggles, I thought I'd hit last on the discussion board pages and see what we were saying a year ago.  I thought I'd post here to bring it back to the front of the front burner...

LMAO

I hope y'all get the same kick out of this I did.  Back to physics homework.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

Re: Try O'Connell - who's with me?

In Response to Re: Try O'Connell - who's with me?:
    Just for sh*ts and giggles, I thought I'd hit last on the discussion board pages and see what we were saying a year ago.  I thought I'd post here to bring it back to the front of the front burner... LMAO I hope y'all get the same kick out of this I did.  Back to physics homework.
    Posted by NickC1188

NickC:  I authored that thread, and admit it is rediculous looking back at it.  If you look at all my threads from last year, you will find one towards the end of the year where I fully admitted I was wrong about Cassel and stood up like a man to admit it! 

BB proves to me every year that most people on here know nothing about what they are talking about! 

Sections
Shortcuts