Tuck Rule Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

Tuck Rule Game

Now showing on NFL Network.  When the dynasty began!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Tuck Rule Game

People remember the "Tuck Rule," but my lasting image from that game is of the turncoat, Vinatieri, kicking that incredible field goal 48 yards into the raging blizzard to force overtime.

Best kick ever.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Hm, it's not on in Atlanta, but it was on yesterday on ESPN2. That was followed by.........Super Bowl XLII highlights, which made me choke on my steak at Stoney River.

Tuck Rule Game was amazing. Can't get enough it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

In my opinion The tuck rule game is the game of the decade. That game started everything.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I had never actually seen that game before because I was in New York that weekend at a festival and couldn't watch it.  I remember being desperate for information about what was happening, and everyone around me going, "Who cares?  it's a football game."  So I finally got to watch it -- a really entertaining and good game.  I'll put it on a DVD and keep it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Geographer91. Show Geographer91's posts

Funny thing about the Tuck rule game, and they mention it in the replay is that the same play happened when the Pats played the Jets earlier in the season, Testaverde I think, was trying to bring the ball back down when he was hit, loses the ball and the Pats jump on it.  Refs review and determine incomplete pass.  But do we hear about that?????

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"Funny thing about the Tuck rule game, and they mention it in the replay is that the same play happened when the Pats played the Jets earlier in the season, Testaverde I think, was trying to bring the ball back down when he was hit, loses the ball and the Pats jump on it.  Refs review and determine incomplete pass.  But do we hear about that?????"

As a good soldier, I always mention that game against the Jerks when the subject of the Tuck Rule Game is brought up on other forums. Also, when Raiders fans claim they were robbed, I always point out their defense failed on several 3rd downs and couldn't prevent us from completing passes to people who were sitting in the snow.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

I was there - worst seats in the house at 60 face value and I paid 120 per ticket for me and Dad. BEST football game I was ever at!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubbazilla. Show bubbazilla's posts

was nice to see that the raiders still lose!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

Brings back great memories.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

It should have been a 15 yard penalty on the Raiders for hitting Brady in the head.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Another Tuck Rule game NEVER emntioned that season, especially by Raid-uh fans, is an early season game they played and Gannon did the same thing. The refs called teh tuck rule, and all was right and legit in Raid-uh Land..... UNTIL....... then it became bogus.

Go figure!

(This is STILL the best way to shut up that irritablke Raid-uh fan, when you can find one: just say "tuck rule". Works for me every time.) 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Its funny how that game is simply called the "Tuck Rule" instead of just calling it a great playoff game. Scr*w the NFL network.