Tully Banta Cain

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Tully Banta Cain

How good has this guy become? According to Reiss, he was in on every defensive snap. I remember in his last year here (2006) he had 5.5 sacks and seemed to be getting it. Too bad he left and stunted his growth by going to a different system. Now he's back and has proven to be a more than adequate replacement for an aging Vrabel.

I foresee TBC will only get better as the season goes on.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Tully Banta Cain

It's really stunning.  Banta-Cain has gone from a role player to the most complete outside linebacker on the team in the blink of an eye.  He's the Patriots' best pass rusher, but that isn't close to his limit this year.  He's been great setting the edge in the run game and especially at making plays in pursuit.  Very encouraging signs, and it looks like he'll be a staple of the defense for a few years.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Re: Tully Banta Cain:
    [QUOTE]It's really stunning.  Banta-Cain has gone from a role player to the most complete outside linebacker on the team in the blink of an eye.  He's the Patriots' best pass rusher, but that isn't close to his limit this year.  He's been great setting the edge in the run game and especially at making plays in pursuit.  Very encouraging signs, and it looks like he'll be a staple of the defense for a few years.
    Posted by pyegian[/QUOTE]

Ummmm....if Tully is our best OLB....shouldn't we be worried?  LOL :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

The Pats' 34 package looked really good last game.

He and Thomas both got pressure. I am sure NE will show some of that to the Colts.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I love Tully and think he will get hot when it matters most but to say heis the most complete OLB on the team is dead wrong. THe most complete OLB on the team goes by the name of Adalius Thomas. He does not get the crazy stats but when have we ever seen double diget sacks out of a OLB on this team other then Vrabels 12.5 sacks in 2007? We dont draw up plays strictly to get guys stats the way other teams do we expect the D to play as a unit. And thats why his stats are not off the charts. But he is still a very good player.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2009. Show Evil2009's posts

In Response to Tully Banta Cain:
    [QUOTE]How good has this guy become? According to Reiss, he was in on every defensive snap. I remember in his last year here (2006) he had 5.5 sacks and seemed to be getting it. Too bad he left and stunted his growth by going to a different system. Now he's back and has proven to be a more than adequate replacement for an aging Vrabel. I foresee TBC will only get better as the season goes on.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE]

I thought we lost him because we had our starting linebackers and he was looking for more money and playing time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wtfmaroney. Show wtfmaroney's posts

TBC is guna have at lest 12 sacks by the end of week 17 which would be good considering we havent had a major sack leader since our super bowl era

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

12 sacks really? what else did you see in your crystal ball?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

[QUOTE]TBC is guna have at lest 12 sacks by the end of week 17 which would be good considering we havent had a major sack leader since our super bowl era
    Posted by wtfmaroney[/QUOTE]

So a sack (and then some) per game down the stretch?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

I just hope that both Adalius and Tully make Saytan Manning cry like he used to. 

Chung, Thomas & Banta-Cain need to attack Peyton all match.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Let's not over-sell TBC here, he's been decent but has only 3 sacks this year (only 1 since week one) and 15.5 over his 89 game career.  They still need to upgrade the position moving forward.......

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

[QUOTE]Let's not over-sell TBC here, he's been decent but has only 3 sacks this year (only 1 since week one) and 15.5 over his 89 game career.  They still need to upgrade the position moving forward.......
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

i agree. This is still an area that needs to improve, with that said, looks like TBC is making a case for the pats defensive suprise player of the year,right up there with brandon mcgowan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

[QUOTE]I love Tully and think he will get hot when it matters most but to say heis the most complete OLB on the team is dead wrong. THe most complete OLB on the team goes by the name of Adalius Thomas. He does not get the crazy stats but when have we ever seen double diget sacks out of a OLB on this team other then Vrabels 12.5 sacks in 2007? We dont draw up plays strictly to get guys stats the way other teams do we expect the D to play as a unit. And thats why his stats are not off the charts. But he is still a very good player.
    Posted by MVPKilla2009[/QUOTE]

Is that why Banta-Cain played all 72 snaps on Sunday including all sub packages, while Thomas only stayed on the field in the 3-4?  You better tell Bill Belichick to switch them before he screws up any more.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from southernpat. Show southernpat's posts

Never been a big fan of TBC but got to give him his props, he has played well IMO for the Pats this season.  I was skeptical of his signing from SF where obviously things didn't work out for him.  Glad to have him right about now.