Tuna as a new GM?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Tuna as a new GM?

Has any body thought about this idea, is he retired? Would/ could he come back to the Patriots, if he got lucky that man could turn this D around in 2 drafts. The evidence is all there, best team builder of all time bar none. He's also never won a championship without BB. So i'm thinking maybe let Parcells do the front office work let BB be a full time coach again instead of all round magic franchise exec. I don't know probably not the best idea but I just thought i'd float it out there. If nothing else who ever seen Cameron Wake coming!?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Tuna as a new GM?

In Response to Tuna as a new GM?:
    [QUOTE]Has any body thought about this idea, is he retired? Would/ could he come back to the Patriots, if he got lucky that man could turn this D around in 2 drafts. The evidence is all there, best team builder of all time bar none. He's also never won a championship without BB. So i'm thinking maybe let Parcells do the front office work let BB be a full time coach again instead of all round magic franchise exec. I don't know probably not the best idea but I just thought i'd float it out there. If nothing else who ever seen Cameron Wake coming!?
    Posted by danemcmenamin[/QUOTE]

Miami is beasting it right now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

MMMM he hasn't been with Miami since the start of last season..........

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In Response to Re: Tuna as a new GM?:
    [QUOTE]MMMM he hasn't been with Miami since the start of last season..........

Look at his 2008, 2009 and 2010 drafts with Miami and then come back.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Right fair enough he drafted a good amount of players that didn't pan out but he also drafted Jake Long, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Brian Hartline, Chris Clemons and to a lesser extent I felt like Henne was beginning to show progress. Anyway it's not the same situation he won't have to rebuild the whole team top to bottom I think we may even be ok in show positions on D, MLB is shored up, DL can be improved but is OK. You have to admit though we can't keep going on with the pass rush problem being ignored it has to be addressed !

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

NO Thanks

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

Fine man let's just keep drafting running backs, cornerback and bust wideouts in the first 4 round forever it's been going well. I sound like a real pink hatter but i'm just sick of this D it's awful! The year they had Deltha O Neal we ranked better against the pass than this it's beyond a joke. I'm not saying we should be winning the superbowl every year but i jsut don't get how this is a BB defense. How many years has pass rush been the main problem on the team...basically since 08 when Pioli left how many picks in the first 4 rounds have the next 3 drafts have been OLB's....2 Tyrone McKenzie and Jermaine Cunningham. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Tuna as a new GM?:
    [QUOTE]Has any body thought about this idea, is he retired? Would/ could he come back to the Patriots, if he got lucky that man could turn this D around in 2 drafts. The evidence is all there, best team builder of all time bar none. He's also never won a championship without BB. So i'm thinking maybe let Parcells do the front office work let BB be a full time coach again instead of all round magic franchise exec. I don't know probably not the best idea but I just thought i'd float it out there. If nothing else who ever seen Cameron Wake coming!?

This is beyond ANY doubt the stupidest thing I ever heard.  Hands down.  No question.  You should smash your keyboard with a hammer.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]Right fair enough he drafted a good amount of players that didn't pan out but he also drafted Jake Long, Vontae Davis, Sean Smith, Brian Hartline, Chris Clemons and to a lesser extent I felt like Henne was beginning to show progress. Anyway it's not the same situation he won't have to rebuild the whole team top to bottom I think we may even be ok in show positions on D, MLB is shored up, DL can be improved but is OK. You have to admit though we can't keep going on with the pass rush problem being ignored it has to be addressed !

Long and Davis are fine players, but Smith, Hartline and Clemons are not anywhere near the same league and are nothing special.  Look at his picks from the first 3 rounds in those drafts:

Jake Long
    Philip Merling
    Chad Henne
    Kendall Langford
    Vontae Davis
    Sean Smith
    Pat White
    Patrick Turner
    Jared Odrick
    Koa Misi
    John Jerry

Does that look like a sparkling profile to you? A lot of misses in there.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

He was also so smart to handpick Tony Sparano as his head coach.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tuna as a new GM? : This is beyond ANY doubt the stupidest thing I ever heard.  Hands down.  No question.  You should smash your keyboard with a hammer.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

First of all, i've seen you write that exact statement loads of times man. Secondly in all honesty i didn't really think it over but I still feel the idea is right at least. We need a new GM don't you think, you can call me what you want, troll, pink hat whatever but you really have to make hay when the sun shines and we were in the dark for long enough and I feel BB's work load is just to much at the minute. A superbowl every year is far to much but a superbowl with this team isn't out of the question it's just a few key pieces and BB isn't hitting them. Anyway whatever at least I shared an opinion it's much better than debating with rusty whether we need a deep threat or whether we need to run the ball more or who's to blame for the 2 game slump

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

No freaking way!  Are you out of your mind?!?!?!

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuna as a new GM? : Answer this:  if you were Kraft and had hired Parcells to be coach from 1993-1997 and he gives you his word by signing the contract, and he leaves it with a year to go on the deal, would you REHIRE him after he told you he would stay for the full contract? If you say "yes", you're a moron.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

Well of course you wouldn't, i'm sorry for sounding like such a fool. I truely hope i' not one! Care to comment on anything else i've written like? Are you happy with BB as a GM, are you glad he drafted 2 RB's and a dodgy CB instead of another OLB or DE if he was planning the switch to 4-3 before the draft. If you're not happy with BB as a GM is there anyone else I may not know about who you'd like to see in the job?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuna as a new GM? : First of all, i've seen you write that exact statement loads of times man. Secondly in all honesty i didn't really think it over but I still feel the idea is right at least. We need a new GM don't you think, you can call me what you want, troll, pink hat whatever but you really have to make hay when the sun shines and we were in the dark for long enough and I feel BB's work load is just to much at the minute. A superbowl every year is far to much but a superbowl with this team isn't out of the question it's just a few key pieces and BB isn't hitting them. Anyway whatever at least I shared an opinion it's much better than debating with rusty whether we need a deep threat or whether we need to run the ball more or who's to blame for the 2 game slump

Please note I did NOT call you a troll.  OR a pink hat.  What statement have you seen me write?  That its the stupidest thing I ever saw?  Maybe.  Because definetly NOT about the tuna, I hate ...  no... LOATHE him.  All I can say to you is, TWO GAMES.  Not tanked the season, not 2-6, none of it.  How about panic and wild statements AFTER we have failed the season?    

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Tuna as a new GM? : Miami is beasting it right now.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

Yeah! Bye-gones! He trashed Kraft then checked out, and walked out after a super bowl...and didn't fly back with the team, then joined the arch-rival.

Come back, Tuna!  Come give us a Scots football kiss, Tuna!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuna as a new GM? : Please note I did NOT call you a troll.  OR a pink hat.  What statement have you seen me write?  That its the stupidest thing I ever saw?  Maybe.  Because definetly NOT about the tuna, I hate ...  no... LOATHE him.  All I can say to you is, TWO GAMES.  Not tanked the season, not 2-6, none of it.  How about panic and wild statements AFTER we have failed the season?    
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I didn't say you called me a pink hat it's just normally the next step on the forum. I still believe in this season, I always believe in the team until the final result! I just think the drafting is a bit crazy at the minute with the exception of last year and not even in the players bein taken or even players being taken who become busts it's the positions the players that are being taken play. I feel like larger needs are being overlooked and I don't see the point in trading back in the first every year to get 2 picks the following year when we only ever use 1 of the picks I don't get that. I really just want some studs to make this D great again. We're at a level now where it's ok we'll get to the playoffs annually but we need to be great on both sides of the ball when we get there and we arn't. I think if we beat the jets last year it would have taken alot to beat us after that, the fact the team seems to have gone backwards from that really hurts cause that was the brightside of the loss to the Jets, we can only improve. I think a new GM could help us there to begin with anyway 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuna as a new GM? : Yeah! Bye-gones! He trashed Kraft then checked out, and walked out after a super bowl...and didn't fly back with the team, then joined the arch-rival. Come back, Tuna!  Come give us a Scots football kiss, Tuna!
    Posted by krismk[/QUOTE]

I get it man Tuna was a literally ridiculous idea! But can we get on to the possible need for a new GM or will I need to start a new thread before you stop kicking me when i'm down?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuna as a new GM? : I get it man Tuna was a literally ridiculous idea! But can we get on to the possible need for a new GM or will I need to start a new thread before you stop kicking me when i'm down?

No because that would mean getting rid of Belichick as coach as well.  Do you honestly think after having this much control over the team for this long that he is going to let Kraft castrate him publicly like that (he obviously isn't going to give up those duties voluntarily)? I'm sorry but I'd prefer not to run the greatest coach in Patriots history out of town when the team has had double digit wins for the past 10 years and should again this year.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from danemcmenamin. Show danemcmenamin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuna as a new GM? : No because that would mean getting rid of Belichick as coach as well.  Do you honestly think after having this much control over the team for this long that he is going to let Kraft castrate him publicly like that (he obviously isn't going to give up those duties voluntarily)? I'm sorry but I'd prefer not to run the greatest coach in Patriots history out of town when the team has had double digit wins for the past 10 years and should again this year.
    Posted by pcmIV[/QUOTE]

I didn't even consider that that would have to happen but i suppose the NFL is a crazy biz. But it wasn't just BB that made those teams he had a great team of coaches and great front office personelle. It's like saying only Bill Gates is responsible for Microsoft or only Steve Jobs was responsible for Apple or only Mark Zuckerburg had a hand in Facebook. Look we need to make hay with Brady and we're not at the minute, if we win the superbowl and i really really hope we do you can bring this thread back up and shove it right in my face and I won't give anything near a damn about admitting I was wrong. One year the rebuilding/retooling has to end and we have to strike and that needs to be soon!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tuna as a new GM? : I didn't even consider that that would have to happen but i suppose the NFL is a crazy biz. But it wasn't just BB that made those teams he had a great team of coaches and great front office personelle. It's like saying only Bill Gates is responsible for Microsoft or only Steve Jobs was responsible for Apple or only Mark Zuckerburg had a hand in Facebook. Look we need to make hay with Brady and we're not at the minute, if we win the superbowl and i really really hope we do you can bring this thread back up and shove it right in my face and I won't give anything near a damn about admitting I was wrong. One year the rebuilding/retooling has to end and we have to strike and that needs to be soon!

I'm not saying you are wrong about BB the GM, but I don't think the premise of keeping BB as coach and stripping him of his GM title is viable.  Just my 2 cents.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

Bad idea

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Wake up.

BB has to blow at least 4 more drafts before any of his followers agree to even consider replacing him as GM.

Look to 2017.