Twenty Spots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Twenty Spots?

Unheard-of! Incredible!  After being predicted to be the WORST team in the NFL by ESPN and the brilliant football minds on this forum, the JETS are now ranked #12 in the latest ESPN power rankings.  What a turnaround for a team starting a rookie QB plus 4 or 5 other rookies, with a handful of second year players giving them 14 new starters new go along with their new offensive, defensive and special teams coordinators.   Next year, with a ton of cap space, the Jets should be able to easily re-sign Wilkerson and add some FA talent.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: Twenty Spots?

That's swell. Now go win 65 games in a row and your team will reach .500, LMAO.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndyTony. Show IndyTony's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

Unheard-of! Incredible!  After being predicted to be the WORST team in the NFL by ESPN and the brilliant football minds on this forum, the JETS are now ranked #12 in the latest ESPN power rankings.  What a turnaround for a team starting a rookie QB plus 4 or 5 other rookies, with a handful of second year players giving them 14 new starters new go along with their new offensive, defensive and special teams coordinators.   Next year, with a ton of cap space, the Jets should be able to easily re-sign Wilkerson and add some FA talent.  

Excellent post....for a JETS board...here, not so much

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

And the march towards mediocrity grinds on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Wow!!  Number 12?!?!  Very impressive!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!

Might have pissed myself a little bit.  Well done

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Your still here?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

Plus they won their Super Bowl in week 7.  Not many teams can say that. 

Most teams are happy to reach one every now and then, but the Jets guarantee themselves two appearances every single year.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Made a wrong turn, AGAIN!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!

Haha I am trying to imagine someone celebrating like that.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats-bilbo. Show Pats-bilbo's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!

Haha I am trying to imagine someone celebrating like that.

Watch the price is right.. they celebrate winning a can of Tuna.....

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

Number 12 is still far away from #1.  Matter of fact the Jets don't have a chance in hell to go to or win a Super Bowl.  The Patriots are very much in the discussion.

So you enjoye your #12 ranking MedowMike, we will enjoy being talked about in the Super Bowlk discussions.

Oh, and incase you didnt notice, this is a Patriots forum.  Nobody is interest in a #12 ranking.  Not sure we have been ranked as low as #12 since 1985.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

I expected complete anarchy and chaos at the Jets this year, something worse than the depressing Rich Kotite years. So, I must give Idzik and Ryan some credit for pulling things together to get to 5-4.

If Ryan maintains a similar W-L record till the end of the year, there is a good chance he gets re-hired. And that would be amazing to me but he is the face of the team, similar to Jerry Jones in Dallas. It is incredible how the NFL is becoming more like a reality TV series every day. Image and style, even if negative, is more important than substance and hard work to achieve goals.

Frankly, I prefer the Patriot Way: hard work, sacrifice, team work, multiple roles for each player, economy, value, efficient concise communication to the press of the broad strokes, players performing their jobs/ not mouthing off, always going forward, no end point, just continued success, continued work to get better, gratitude, giving credit to everyone who helped make you successful.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!

That was freaking funny. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

This is what's wrong with opinion polls.  They have a margin of error of 20 spots.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

This is what's wrong with opinion polls.  They have a margin of error of 20 spots.

Nice!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tomhab. Show Tomhab's posts

I think Number 12 is about right for the Jesters...in the AFC that is!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

contrary to some on this boards belief, I am not a Jets fan, but a fan of the NFL. I am also very friendly with a few who work around the Jets for their employment. Kudos to Rex for a very good job coaching, and to Idzek in hiring Marty Morning, gettin the Jets to about $40 million under the cap in 2014, and a very good developing defense. would not surprise me if they slip into the playoffs...all from a team many of us thought was a 6 win team (some thought less)

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Remember 3 short years ago when Markie-Mark Sanchez was 'the Sanchise', and Fat-Boy Ryan was 'the next great coach' and Revis Island and the experts had the Jets being relevant??

Yeah, me either...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

That's swell. Now go win 65 games in a row and your team will reach .500, LMAO.

Babe wins. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!
    WE'RE NUMBER 12!

Well done... welll done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

contrary to some on this boards belief, I am not a Jets fan, but a fan of the NFL. I am also very friendly with a few who work around the Jets for their employment. Kudos to Rex for a very good job coaching, and to Idzek in hiring Marty Morning, gettin the Jets to about $40 million under the cap in 2014, and a very good developing defense. would not surprise me if they slip into the playoffs...all from a team many of us thought was a 6 win team (some thought less)

Jets will not be 40 million under the cap in 2014.  And, no one will want to go there anyway.

Nice job on that prediction.  Unlike your recent predictions of the Jets winning no more than 4 games and losing their last 5 going into the bye week, you have a pretty good chance at this one.  The Jets will not be 40 mil under the cap.  They will spend a good portion of it.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

The Jets schedule favors them.  Pretty pathetic.  If they play well they could win out.  I find 40mil unrealistic as well.  NYJ have numbers  on the books to knock this down.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

In response to Tomhab's comment:

I think Number 12 is about right for the Jesters...in the AFC that is!!!

12 in the AFC??? I thought the ranking of #12 was of football teams in Jersey......

Sections
Shortcuts