Twenty Spots?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Re: Twenty Spots?

typcial jets thread, celebrating mediocrity

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

contrary to some on this boards belief, I am not a Jets fan, but a fan of the NFL. I am also very friendly with a few who work around the Jets for their employment. Kudos to Rex for a very good job coaching, and to Idzek in hiring Marty Morning, gettin the Jets to about $40 million under the cap in 2014, and a very good developing defense. would not surprise me if they slip into the playoffs...all from a team many of us thought was a 6 win team (some thought less)

Jets will not be 40 million under the cap in 2014.  And, no one will want to go there anyway.

please stop stalking my every thread mr jealousy

please review and understand the cap and get back to me

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to garytx's comment:

The Jets schedule favors them.  Pretty pathetic.  If they play well they could win out.  I find 40mil unrealistic as well.  NYJ have numbers  on the books to knock this down.

Jets have $100M on the books for 2014 with zero dead money booked. Assuming the cap is $124 flat to this year, the Jets have $24M is available cap money

They will cut Sanchez and Holmes for a combined cap savings of $16.5M (incuring about $6.3 in dead money)

To me, that totals $40M in cap space

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYC. Show NYC's posts

contrary to some on this boards belief, I am not a Jets fan, but a fan of the NFL. I am also very friendly with a few who work around the Jets for their employment. Kudos to Rex for a very good job coaching, and to Idzek in hiring Marty Morning, gettin the Jets to about $40 million under the cap in 2014, and a very good developing defense. would not surprise me if they slip into the playoffs...all from a team many of us thought was a 6 win team (some thought less)

Karp

I am with you. I am a fan of NFL and I appreciate any job well done no matter where it comes from. That said, I prefer the Pats. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to NYC's comment:

Karp

I am with you. I am a fan of NFL and I appreciate any job well done no matter where it comes from. That said, I prefer the Pats. 

I do as well...I also enjoy keeping up with the other AFC East teams, and like to watch a lot of their players when the Pats are not playing against them. Spiller, Stevie J, Manual, Revis (when he was with the Jets), Cromartie, Holmes, Wake were all interesting to watch play. Sure, I am a Pats fan, but does not mean I cannot enjoy other football games and acknowledge a job well done. I am tipping my hat to Rex, in a very, very difficult position, doing a very good job, and Idzek as well...seemingly inheriting a very long recovery, but looking like he will be competitive in 2 years assuming they draft with luck and spend the free agent bonanza smartly. (guy went to Duke, he is plenty smart enough)

Lets say I am a Pats fan keeping one eye on the competition.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

The Jets schedule favors them.  Pretty pathetic.  If they play well they could win out.  I find 40mil unrealistic as well.  NYJ have numbers  on the books to knock this down.

Jets have $100M on the books for 2014 with zero dead money booked. Assuming the cap is $124 flat to this year, the Jets have $24M is available cap money

They will cut Sanchez and Holmes for a combined cap savings of $16.5M (incuring about $6.3 in dead money)

No, no, you are wrong!  Before making those cuts, the Jets will re-sign Wilkerson.  He'll get top 10 money for his position.  And you know that Harvery will claim that they never had that money under the cap becasue of the order in which transactions were completed.... just like in 2013.  I am not convinced that Cromartie won't be cut for nearly a 10 million dollar cap savings.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:

No, no, you are wrong!  Before making those cuts, the Jets will re-sign Wilkerson.  He'll get top 10 money for his position.  And you know that Harvery will claim that they never had that money under the cap becasue of the order in which transactions were completed.... just like in 2013.  I am not convinced that Cromartie won't be cut for nearly a 10 million dollar cap savings.  

well, first of all, I could give 2 craps what Harvey says. he has zero understanding of the salary cap, and has proven that many times over here on the board

second of all, I never said they would or would not cut Cro..only mentioned Sanchez and Holmes

again, if some one wants to question the amount of cap space the Jets will have next year, have at it

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Yep.

I was able to blast RKrap last March with our Jets cap bet where everyone witnessed my victory. He then tried to wiggle out of it and is still doing it.

It's comical he tells me I don't get the cap when I've nailed all of the Pats moves with need and market value, read the markets cold since the lockout and predicted why cetain players like Ed Reed would be overpaid.

Now with the Jets, he doesn't get that a lack of continuity on the team is a major problem for them moving forward.  Jets will be a .500 team at best for years to come.   They also will not be 40 million under the cap next year.

He uses Jets Cap geek as his source, which is why I exposed him with ease on our bet. He still has no idea that is how I knew I could set him up. That site's numbers are way off and are delusional.

how about this mr cap genius...what is the Jets cap position with the players under contract for next year? and what is the approx salary cap next year?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don''t believe the cap jumps much next year. Maybe 123 or 124 million?  I'd need to see an objective analysis on the Jets cap position and which contracts they need to deal with with previous missed draft picks they will likely end up paying.

Regardless, more turnover for the Jets means more instability on a 53 man roster.

No base built yet.  That's really the key, so cap space means little to a team who has no base built.

This isn't a video game and you don't just run around buying up players and plop them down on a field with a name on the back of a jersey, expecting it to work.

Kyle Wilson is a bust, Ducasse, Kenrick Ellis, Coples is turning into a bust, and they have a slew of FAs that will be moving on again, many who start right now. Holmes, Cromartie, Landry, Pace, etc.

Harris also needs a decision as Harris is a FA after 2014.

but I didnt ask you to analyze the Jets team. I said what is their cap space for next year? try to Google it for an objective analysis

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

The Jets will have a fair bit of cap space next year because Idzik will be able to completely get them out from under all of Tannenbaum's stupid contracts.  The dead money for Scott, Tebow, Revis, Pouha and Pace will be coming off the books.  Plus Holmes and Sanchez will probably be cut which should allow for additional savings.  That being said it is a bit silly to argue about the exact number using a 3rd party site that estimates the cap because they aren't particularly accurate (they can be close, but never exact).  Consider this.  The NFLPA has the Pats with 4.2 million in cap space.  I am pretty sure this is probably the closest to the official number (since this is a new service the NFLPA has put out there I'm not sure if it gets updated during the offseason).  This site has them at 5.1 million and this one has them at 8.2 million.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

I don''t believe the cap jumps much next year. Maybe 123 or 124 million?  I'd need to see an objective analysis on the Jets cap position and which contracts they need to deal with with previous missed draft picks they will likely end up paying.

Regardless, more turnover for the Jets means more instability on a 53 man roster.

No base built yet.  That's really the key, so cap space means little to a team who has no base built.

This isn't a video game and you don't just run around buying up players and plop them down on a field with a name on the back of a jersey, expecting it to work.

Kyle Wilson is a bust, Ducasse, Kenrick Ellis, Coples is turning into a bust, and they have a slew of FAs that will be moving on again, many who start right now. Holmes, Cromartie, Landry, Pace, etc.

but I didnt ask you to analyze the Jets team. I said what is their cap space for next year? try to Google it for an objective analysis

No one has any idea whay their cap space will be as they enter FA because they haven't made decisions on in house players they need to extend (or not extend).

We don't know. Cap geek doesn't know, you don't know, and I don't know.   Get it? The fact you think you have access to the books of an NFL organization is quite comical.

of course I never said that...what is very available is the players with current contracts into next year. they total about $100M. if the cap is flat next year, it will have the Jets at about $24 million in cap space..if they cut Sanchez and Holmes (ya think?) that saves an additional $16M...thats about $40M...

that $40M available will be used for extensions and free agency signings..

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

No one has any idea whay their cap space will be as they enter FA because they haven't made decisions on in house players they need to extend (or not extend).

We don't know. Cap geek doesn't know, you don't know, and I don't know.   Get it? The fact you think you have access to the books of an NFL organization is quite comical.

of course I never said that...what is very available is the players with current contracts into next year. they total about $100M. if the cap is flat next year, it will have the Jets at about $24 million in cap space..if they cut Sanchez and Holmes (ya think?) that saves an additional $16M...thats about $40M...

Which extensions?

The other thing is, quality FAs will wait until 2015 for the cap to move a bit so they can get more money.

So, the Jets should still be rebuilding next year.  

Face it, they got lucky on two end of game penalties that were very questionable.  They're not really a 5-4 team.

The last time this happened and I suggested their fraud wins shielded their real talent, it was 2011.   

You have to build a base through the draft and cheap cast off FAs that you can develop within a system. Switching bodies in and out at the rate the Jets, Ravens, Giants, Saints in recent year, Eagles, etc, does not work.

You need continuity, so cap space for a team that isn't built yet is like crapping your pants standing over the crapper.

The Jets with a top D full of young players don't have a base?  Teams are not allowed to sign vets to help mentor young players?  I'm not sure where you come up with all of these strange rules you spout off about.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Which extensions?

The other thing is, quality FAs will wait until 2015 for the cap to move a bit so they can get more money.

Face it, they got lucky on two end of game penalties that were very questionable.  They're not really a 5-4 team.

The last time this happened and I suggested their fraud wins shielded their real talent, it was 2011.   

You have to build a base through the draft and cheap cast off FAs that you can develop within a system. Switching bodies in and out at the rate the Jets, Ravens, Giants, Saints in recent year, Eagles, etc, does not work.

You need continuity, so cap space for a team that isn't built yet is like crapping your pants standing over the crapper.

Hmmm, the Pats had given up 21 points to the Bills and were losing going into the 4th quarter and won by 2 points against a weak Bills team... lucky, right?  Beat the Jets by 3 in Foxboro who had a starting QB playing in his second NFL game.  Lucky.  Beat the Saints by 3 after the cheating was not called.  Lucky.  Seems that luck is a pretty important aspect of many teams.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Which extensions?

Mr Capologist. Stop analyzing and back pedaling. Show us you understand the cap. How much do the Jets have booked for the 2014 season as of today, and what is next years approx cap number. just say it. I am right, you are wrong.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Bump

harvey, cap genius. Find any numbers?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Bump

He said that the Jets will be in cap hell next year and won't be able to re-sign Wilkerson.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

So Radioactive toxic site Mike after todays artistic performance by the Jets what do you think the Jet's will do in your precious power rankings?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Unheard-of! Incredible!  After being predicted to be the WORST team in the NFL by ESPN and the brilliant football minds on this forum, the JETS are now ranked #12 in the latest ESPN power rankings.  What a turnaround for a team starting a rookie QB plus 4 or 5 other rookies, with a handful of second year players giving them 14 new starters new go along with their new offensive, defensive and special teams coordinators.   Next year, with a ton of cap space, the Jets should be able to easily re-sign Wilkerson and add some FA talent.  

And the Jet March to mediocrity continues to grind along.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Bump

He said that the Jets will be in cap hell next year and won't be able to re-sign Wilkerson.

Your talking next year already?  Ha ha.  Happy thanksgiving 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"the JETS are now ranked #12 in the latest ESPN power rankings."

hmm I wonder if that will change this week....

getting spanked by the Bills and benching your starting QB has a way of doing that though

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

I think what the OP was getting at was - if the lowly Bills spot us twenty points, we should be able to cover...

Sections
Shortcuts