Twitter in Sports

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Twitter in Sports

I admit I follow Twitter...It is a great way to follow columnists in a easy way (instead of having to go from web site to web site).  I can see any time a new posting is made by somebody "I follow".  Twitter saves a lot of "surfing" time.

Players need to be careful what they post and what they say......

Drew Rosenhaus has high hopes for Darius Butler!

A post from Drew this morning: RosenhausSports"Darius Butler will be a key contributor this year. He has the work ethic, toughness, physical & mental abilities to be a top cornerback."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Re: Twitter in Sports

I'll admit, I don't know anything about Twitter and I never will. I doubt very much that I am in a demographic Twitter cares about. Your point about columnists seems to make sense, but on the other hand, I can understand owners and particularly coaches being apprehensive about what players may be "tweeting" about. We've already seen a coach firing here in Minnesota leaked early via Twitter and I've heard of NBA players "tweeting" during games (or at halftime).

The way I see it, technology is going to do what technology does, and human nature is going to be what it is. We have come to the age where average Joe is walking around with the internet in his pocket, and our apparent need for even the most meaningless information instantaneously has gone beyond attention deficit -- we are now officially attention bankrupt. I don't need it to be meaningful. I don't even need it to be accurate. I just need it now.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I am on the fringe of the Twitter demographic and I really cannot get into it.  Prairie, you hit this one right on.  Maybe 1% of the information tweeted is worth my time.  It's becoming more of a nuisance than anything.  Like that commercial where the parents are tweeting to their kids about sitting on the sofa -- that about sums it up for me.  Twitter is mostly about useless instantaneous information.  I see kids literally sitting around for the next tweet with their handheld devices.  I think to myself that there must be more interesting things to be doing.   

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

In Response to Re: Twitter in Sports:
    [QUOTE]I'll admit, I don't know anything about Twitter and I never will. I doubt very much that I am in a demographic Twitter cares about. Your point about columnists seems to make sense, but on the other hand, I can understand owners and particularly coaches being apprehensive about what players may be "tweeting" about. We've already seen a coach firing here in Minnesota leaked early via Twitter and I've heard of NBA players "tweeting" during games (or at halftime). The way I see it, technology is going to do what technology does, and human nature is going to be what it is. We have come to the age where average Joe is walking around with the internet in his pocket, and our apparent need for even the most meaningless information instantaneously has gone beyond attention deficit -- we are now officially attention bankrupt. I don't need it to be meaningful. I don't even need it to be accurate. I just need it now.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

whaat?......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

[QUOTE]I am on the fringe of the Twitter demographic and I really cannot get into it.  Prairie, you hit this one right on.  Maybe 1% of the information tweeted is worth my time.  It's becoming more of a nuisance than anything.  Like that commercial where the parents are tweeting to their kids about sitting on the sofa -- that about sums it up for me.  Twitter is mostly about useless instantaneous information.  I see kids literally sitting around for the next tweet with their handheld devices.  I think to myself that there must be more interesting things to be doing.   
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

huhh.....?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Having trouble understanding that we think Twitter is nonsense for idiots, are you?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from beastplant. Show beastplant's posts

[QUOTE]Having trouble understanding that we think Twitter is nonsense for idiots, are you?
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

sorry, i guess i got distracted....what were you saying something about fritters are for idiots?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I am with you Mike, I am 25 and by all means could be twittering it up but I am pretty anti stupid so I dont jump on board these kinds of bandwagons. I dont use facebook, or myspace and I dont have a fancy new "back to school" phone. Hearing the term back to school phone makes me want to throw up. As a nation we continue to be dumbed down and the generations behind me are like 90% moron.

Sections
Shortcuts