Two CLUTCH kicks.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Two CLUTCH kicks.....

So for all of the folks that were on here a few weeks ago crying for a new kicker....how ya feeling now? Should we still get rid of Gostkowski??

Those were (two) very big kicks yesterday that saved this team. One to tie the game with just seconds left, and another to WIN the game in OT. That is clutch no matter how you look at it.

He may not be AV....but this kid is better than so many here give him credit for....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Re: Two CLUTCH kicks.....

One thing is for sure.....those 2 kicks shut up a lot of people!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dastardly. Show dastardly's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

So for all of the folks that were on here a few weeks ago crying for a new kicker....how ya feeling now? Should we still get rid of Gostkowski??

[/QUOTE]

I'm not a Gostokowski basher by any means.  I actually think's he's one of the best kickers out there right now and getting rid of him is nothing short of ridiculous.

But if I were to play devil's advocate, my answer to that question is 5-2.

That will be the the Pats record today had he made that last sec FG against Arizona.  Momentum means a lot in this game so it's conceivable that had the Pats won that game, their confidence would've been much higher going into their next games.  Who knows, they could potentially end up winning the 2 other games they lost, then they'd be sitting at 7-0 right now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Gostkowski needed more chances making kicks with the game on the line. It was good to see him coming up huge. Those kicks were confidence builders.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

dual

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Not only two clutch kicks, but two nice drives led by Brady to set up the kicks.  All in all, not so unlike some drives that won a few Super Bowls.  But reading the game thread yesterday, you would have thought the sky was falling there were so many chicken littles clucking away . . . 

Sections
Shortcuts