Two Interesting Pieces of Data

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

Re: Two Interesting Pieces of Data

Yes Rusty, the stars do seem to be aligning along with the planets for a PATS victory.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Two Interesting Pieces of Data:
    [QUOTE]The NY Giants lost to a slew of sub .500 teams this year including the Skins (twice), Jax, Seattle, Philly and Tenn.   This proves more media bias.Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

That's why I have NO FEAR playing the Jints in the SB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Also the Giants gone blown away by New Orleans in the New Orleans dome. A dome suits a high powered offense like New England.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Good info Russ. Not that I really care but what happened to Jintsfan? You'd think he would be yapping to us by now.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

The past is in the past. I think it's going to boil down again boil down to how successful the Giant get to Brady and cover our receivers. If they keep the game close - they have a really good chance in beating the Patriots.

I am hoping that the Patriots will score early and often, create some turnovers, and put the game away.

I don't really want another heart attack like the last game...lol Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In Response to Re: Two Interesting Pieces of Data:
    [QUOTE]Other good news: 1. Unlikley Brady has 2 back to back games where he's subpar. 2. Unlikely NE turns it over 4 times like they did in October to Giants. 3. Unlikely Spikes and Chung both get hurt. 4. Unliklely the refs decids to incorrectly call two PI calls which serve up golden opps for the Giants in back to back drives.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

they have their 2 wide receivers who were hurt and out last game. i hope we blow them out, but it doesnt look like it. i think we will need soem luck to win this one.
    and brady throwing 6 tds couldnt hurt! (along wiht a double dose of pain killer/nerve block for gronk).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two Interesting Pieces of Data : they have their 2 wide receivers who were hurt and out last game. i hope we blow them out, but it doesnt look like it. i think we will need soem luck to win this one. and brady throwing 6 tds couldnt hurt! (along wiht a double dose of pain killer/nerve block for gronk).
    Posted by bredbru[/QUOTE]

Not sure that Gronk will be playin....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

I see absolutely no way he doesn't play. None. Also NE has a great record in revenge games. Great numbers. I saw them earlier , both are and su , very impressive stat. Plus in terms of points allowed NE is amongst the best over the last few years coming into the big game. One of my biggest concerns is having 11 play defense. I don't want to see him out there in any way with that unit. Manning and his Wrs are ten times better than Flaccos and com.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Gronk would lie to the trainers just to play. He already said that this year when he was concussed. I would lie too.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

As they say in investment solicitations: "Past performance is no guarantee of future results."

That's why they play the games!

I think the Giants present a formidable opponent because of their strong pass rush and increasingly good passing game.  I think it's pretty much a given that our defense will give up yards to Manning and his receiving corp.  The key will be either getting turnovers or forcing field goals instead of giving up touchdowns and also making just enough stops to keep the Giants from scoring on too high a percentage of their drives.  If we can hold the Giants to 20 or 24 points that will be a good showing given our defense's limitations in pass coverage.  

On the other side of the ball, our offense must score to win.  Running the ball is fine if we are moving it well, getting first downs, and not eating up too much time. Regardless of what some think, however, slow, clock-eating offensive drives won't help us unless our defense is preventing scores and limiting the time the Giants' offense is on the field.  If our defense is giving up time and points to the opposing offense, we need to keep our own offensive drives relatively quick so we increase the total number of drives available to us and thereby maximize our scoring opportunities. Because of this, I think we will go hurry-up as we have done much of the season with lots of quick passes to Gronk, Hernandez, Welker, and Branch, with occasional runs mixed in to keep the Giants' defenders off balance. The O line needs to play very well against this team, given their good pass rush.  Some plays to counter an aggressive defense--draws and screens--would be nice. Our execution with running back screens has not been good, however, so maybe we try to do more screens with Hernandez and Gronk.  They have good hands, run well (Hernandez in particular), and are lining up in the backfield often now, so the possibility is there.  I also think Branch may play a big role as a receiver who can be a good outlet for Brady on blitzes, especially if the Giants are keying on Welker, Gronk, and Hernandez.  People may have heart attacks, but bringing in Slater or Ocho to test the deep part of the field once in a while may not be a bad idea for a play or two.  Getting burned deep on a blitz makes defenses think twice and it would be a nice option if we can execute it. I worry, though, this is not a play we can run effectively without too great a risk of turnovers. Our receivers aren't that good deep--and Brady hasn't looked so sharp on his deep throws.  

For all those who are clamouring for more running . . . I'm all for it if our D is complementary.  But if our D is not stopping the Giants more consistently than they have other teams this season, I'm afraid we have to live and die with our passing game as usual.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Two Interesting Pieces of Data : Not sure that Gronk will be playin....
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

Why do you say that? Do you know something that we don't - just asking. From what I hear he is hurt but should be good enogh to go out and play.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I'm not putting any stock in what the Pats nor Giants did in the regular season. Each team has seemed to progress in different areas since our last meeting this year. Each team has players back in the mix that help each respectively. The Giants have gone to beat 2 very good teams (GB & 49ers) to make it to the SB. That is impressive to say the least. The Pats D has progressed, is now relatively healthy, and seems to be playing a lot better. They played an inspired game against Denver & Baltimore and saved our season.

My concern with the Giants is always their front 4. Probably no other game more so than the next one, will the game be decided in the trenches. Meaning, stopping the Giants front 4 from pressuring Brady, and the ability of our front 3/4 to apply pressure on Manning. I think the skill positions on both sides of the Offense seem to offset. Yes, we have 2 dominating TEs+a great slot WR, they have 2 great outside threats+a good slot WR. With Bradshaw back, the run game is fairly equal. At QB, we have the edge if TB is playing mistake free. They can put up points, we can put up points, although we have done so more consistenly and at a higher clip this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

The fact they beat us the last 2 times we played, in nearly the same way, gives me cause for concern. They are a better team since we last met, as are the Pats. Gronk needs to be healthy and Brady needs to play SMART. If the pass rush is in his face, he needs to get rid of the ball quickly with 3 step drops. The read & react D the Baltimore used was awfully effective against the Pat's. Hopefully the Giants will be over aggressive and Brady can light them up

Hopefully they keep Edelman away from the wideout spot and off O entirely. I'd hope Ocho would be active this time around. He HAS to be a better option than Slater. Ridley could be big too if they dress him. Would be nice if Branch got open once in awhile.

Our D needs to continue to play like they are possessed. Maybe keep Sterling Moore out there. He had 2 picks against Buf and the swatted TD season saver, plus he knocked down the next pass his way right after. The guy has big play skills, or so it seems, even if he was beat for a TD.

Who knows. WIll Brady show up and play sharp? Will the D continue playing well? Can the Pats do enough damage to keep the Giants front four from being in all-out attack mode? We shall see.

I thought it took a million years for the AFCCG to get here. Waiting for this game is going to be all that PLUS a week !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Great posts by Pro and Lifer as usual.

I am actually feeling a little better about how we will do on defense. Dont want to see edleman out there, but I think we can slow down the Giants offense.

The meeting in week 9 was a stale mate in the 1st half with both teams going scoreless.

For us, it was because Brady had threw 3 pics(one dropped) and never looked comfortable back there.

Eli was just  not connecting and had trouble deciphering the coverages but did a good job of not forcing it.

In the 2nd half they got it going...as did we.

I watched Victor Cruz all year and he really didnt do that much in our game. He likes to run a lot of underneath double moves....the way you defend that is have Arrington cover him a trail technique and have someone over the top incase he loses him.  He will fake an out and come back in, or vice versa, but hardly evwer runs a defined one move route.

B.B. has had success with passing offenses and although the Gman can run, they Are a passing offense first and foremost and this is where I am confident.

The thing is, B.B. schemes last as long as the qb takes to figure it out and once he does, its bad news after that.  Also dont like that Peyton will be his consultant and knows a lot of what B.B. likes to do.

I am Really only worried about how our offense will perform. Will Joshy take it personally and try to redeem himself for the horror shoe gameplan he stuck with??

Brady never does well against teams that can pressure with 4 and this is why I say run. The only other thing is to go deep. The Giants will have the short routes covered, IMO and we'll have to run to get them out of coverge and playaction to catch them slipping but Pollard may be right that they wont let us dink and dunk. They had it covered the 1st game.

Tommy needs to make good decisons and they need good playcalling and versatility.

No Edleman on offense. I dont mind if he plays defense but he needs help.

Nicks and Cruz are his guys, we can single up with Manningham but watch out for his big tight ends in the redzone and we are good. 

#72 on # 72 will be the biggest matchup , IMO  Light vs Osi - He has to contain him. We could chip him too with a RB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Hang3xc, I agree totally.

Great points..

Gonna be a long week!

I dont know what to think about this game. Part of me thinks it will be close and then I also think we could blow them out...just hard to tell.

Very evenly matched teams and I think it comes down to coaching and they are similar from the same Tree as well.

I would rather make this a track meet than a grind it out game.  I think that favors  the Gmen

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmo14. Show cosmo14's posts

Brady has had many back-to-back sub-par games. In the last 5 years in the playoffs, he has had only one good game against practically a college team. He certainly can throw 2 or 3 picks against this defense. I see another 14 point game in this one.

Eli will pick apart this defense. He will put up big numbers against this pathetic bunch.

Giants 34-14

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

Feb 5th can't come here soon enough....

excited, nervous at the same time !

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Russ,
    The Giants don't have to sell out to bring a pass rush. They can do it with their front 4. That however is also a key for us. Their front 4 is in my mind very aggressive. They want to get upfield and attack. A successful and often used run game should counter this. You let them get upfield, and you run it on them. That will expose their front 4 and put more stress on their LBs and secondary to stop the run.
    You nailed it when you talked about us not having the personnel to execute on this in the previous SB. That offense was predicated on the play of it's WRs. 4 wide back then means pass. 4 wide today can mean anything. And, we don't need to sub personnel. That in itself is a huge advantage.

I'm more interested in what BB's gameplan is going to be on Defense. Good QBs like Eli can be confused initially, but figure it out over a quarter or so. The key is when he adjusts, we change it up again, so he never really gets the opportunity to figure it out and get comfortable.

How do you think BB will gameplan for the Giants O? Will we see anything different than we have seen in the past? Does BB have anything in his bag of tricks that he hasn't shown this year?

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

You should  bring those stats to Belichick. He loves talking about the past because he knows that's has tons of revelance for the upcoming game.

25. This post has been removed.