Two Interesting Thoughts Heard On 98.5

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Two Interesting Thoughts Heard On 98.5

One was that the Pats aren't expecting to pile on the wins as in year's past.  The NFL analyst suggested that they'd be pretty happy with 10 wins.

The second was that there is a rookie punter in camp that is doing a great job and may end up costing Mezsko his job.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: Two Interesting Thoughts Heard On 98.5

I sincerely doubt the Patriots come into each season saying I think we'll win 'x' games, or will be happy with 'x' wins.

They approach each week with the goal of winning. Does that happen every time? Of course not, but that mindset won't change. The defense will be much, much better, no doubt. The offense could be just as good, if not better, once Brady and his new weapons gel. 

I fully expect that they'll be competing at the top of the AFC.

Let's go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I don't see any reason why they won't win as much. Is it because of the Dolphins? Last year it was the Bills with their dynamic defense led by Mario Williams and Mark Anderson, how'd that work out?  

Hard to see less than 11 wins, but really who cares? I'm fine with 10 or even 9, as long as they make the tournament. I just want them to win the last game. How they get there is irrelevant.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

98.5??  whatever---

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

98.5??  whatever---

Yeah, you know, the Flagship Station of the New England Patriots.

The statement about the wins was from an NFL analyst on the national level.  I can't remember his name.

The punter story was from Bert Breer.

Still want to discount the sources?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

let's face it nobody knows what this team is going to do, i don't care who the NFL analyst is and  that's what is what going to be so interesting about this team.  don't you think so Not a shot??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

Each sounds like anti-BB based commentary.

Who was this mystery analyst anyway?    BB and the Pats would be "pretty happy" with 10 wins, their lowest win total since who knows when?

Do you realize what a troll you sound like? This is why real Pats fans don't listen to the Felger and Mazz show.

I didn't catch the name of the NFL guy.  I was driving in traffic at the time.  I thought it was interesting.

I'm not sure why you are calling me a troll.  I think it's pretty clear that I'm a true New England sports fan.

It was during the morning drive on Toucher and Rich.   Regardless of the radio station or the hosts, I think Bert Breer knows a heck of a lot more about what's going on in Foxboro than anyone here.  He's impartial.  He has no reason to have an axe to grind with Belichick.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

WEEI is the station that has the professional relationship the Pats. Brady goes on Dennis and Callahan. WEEI handles the Pats analysis with respect, professionalism and objectivity.

Your buddy RKrap doesn't get these distinctions either.

Just because CBS and Les Moonves partnership with Kraft, the CBS Scene, etc, is under that umbrella with 98.5, doesn't mean the Krafts are thrilled with how the Felger and Mazz show operate. 

They're both a bunch of girly little turds who would be throttled by most people at the drop of a hat.

You are the only one who mentioned Felger and Mazz.

What about Albert Breer? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Week to week... game to game... no way any Pat said that. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

This is why real Pats fans don't listen to the Felger and Mazz show.

You wouldn't know a real Pats fan if you were one.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I don't know about the win total but the Mesko observation is interesting.  The Pats could save some money there and the competition is good.  Just wish Ghost had more competition.  I've been a little disappointed with him.  I don't think he's clutch and it still irks me that he couldn't put the ball in the end zone in the last SB loss.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

This is why real Pats fans don't listen to the Felger and Mazz show.

You wouldn't know a real Pats fan if you were one.

[/QUOTE]

Were you at this organizations first home AFC title game? Nope. No, you weren't. I was.

Case closed on that topic, troll aka "BostonFan1966". 

[/QUOTE]

I attended Pats games before you were born dumbkoff. LMAO@U

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Screw felger and mazz.. 

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Mazz has such a weasly little voice. That little segment they do on friday's where they make mazz's voiced pitched really high suits him well.

At the end of your rope                                                                                                     

Hanging by a thread

He'd give anything for this to just go away

This grip is only so strong

I try to hold on tightly

But it's all slipping through my fingers

In a fleeting moment 

Aspirations bled dry

Eyes that once beamed with hope now only stare in remorse.

-Times of grace

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

ALso, NAS, you said you would be in Florida today, so how could you be listening to 98.5 driving to work this morning?

It's 2013, Rusty.  I have this thing called an "Apple iPhone".  On it, I can download programs (called "apps" which is short for "applications) that do amazing and wonderful things.  One of the apps is for listening to out of area radio stations.  It's called "TuneIn Radio".  My car is also pretty new.  It has a jack that is for plugging in devices like smartphones.

So, to listen to 98.5, I click on the app, plug it into my car, and poof! 

Welcome to today.  It's pretty awesome.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

You made it seem like NE is unhappy with Mesko. Nope. The best punter in the AFC behind Lechler.

I wrote that a rookie punter is doing well.  Your mind flew right into "protect that Belichick draftee at all costs" mode and created those thoughts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

You made it seem like NE is unhappy with Mesko. Nope. The best punter in the AFC behind Lechler.

I wrote that a rookie punter is doing well.  Your mind flew right into "protect that Belichick draftee at all costs" mode and created those thoughts.

[/QUOTE]

Lol! Nice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

[QUOTE]

ALso, NAS, you said you would be in Florida today, so how could you be listening to 98.5 driving to work this morning?

It's 2013, Rusty.  I have this thing called an "Apple iPhone".  On it, I can download programs (called "apps" which is short for "applications) that do amazing and wonderful things.  One of the apps is for listening to out of area radio stations.  It's called "TuneIn Radio".  My car is also pretty new.  It has a jack that is for plugging in devices like smartphones.

So, to listen to 98.5, I click on the app, plug it into my car, and poof! 

Welcome to today.  It's pretty awesome.

[/QUOTE]

I love tunein... I do the same in my ambulance!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from fanonymost. Show fanonymost's posts

Truth #1 : a BB led team will never be "pretty happy" with 6 regular season losses

Truth #2 : Allen vs Mesko ...  some NFL team is gonna add a really good punter to their roster come cut-down day

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Well, this is pretty stupid.

I post two things I heard on the radio that I thought were worthy of discussion and suddenly I'm a troll and I got caught doing it.

How stupid.

It's funny that Rusty lit up Breer like a Christmas Tree, but after listening to the interview, realized that he was 100% wrong and now agrees with Breer.

Wait a minute.  Rusty how did you listen to that interview?  You don't live in Boston AND it happened days ago.  Did you build a time machine?  Where did you find 1.21 Gigawatts?  Can you go back in time again and tell your past self not to act like a total fool on this thread that was created to discuss two interesting things?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

9.3 yard average is pretty significant.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Brady and BB ran the table in 2007 in the regular season. do you actually think they don't expect to win them all this and every year?  If you expect to lose some then your not trying hard enough.  That's not a problem in foxboro.  

Now you got the easy part done telling me about it.

Does that handshaped bruise on your back hurt?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Breer has an agenda.  It doesn't mean he doesn't have pertinent info.  Is your reading comprehension this bad? 

Umm, I went to 98.5 and listened to the clips under the TOucher and Rich section like any normal educated human would after questioning troll work like yours.

WHo is this "mystery analyst" by the way?  I could not find it. Was it well after Breer's interview or before?

I am not sure I even believe that part of your post. See, a lot of trolls like to post something of truth and then slide in the lie/troll part somewhere within the overall post. RKrap does that.  Texas Troll does it. Babe does it. Did you know Mayo and McCourty are busts along with Ron Brace?

You claiming the analyst said "BB would be thrilled with 10 wins" is one of the biggest lies I've ever seen here.

After reading this drivel about how I may have lied about an interview I heard, how I can't read, and then seeing you misquote me to call me a liar, I could only think of one thing.  This guy is a total:

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

NFW anyone in the Pats organization is 'happy' with 10 wins. 

The Allen and Mesko competition is a really good one and, indeed, there will be a very competent  punter available on cut-down day.

With respect to comments by any analyst, NFL or otherwise, I take every one I hear with several grains of salt.  Deon Sanders, for example, while an all world corner when he played, totally bites the bag in every way that an analyst can. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As I told you, I don't recall.  It was between 8 and 8:45am last Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday.  There is no benefit to me making any of this up.  I have no agenda.  And I'm not a fxxxing liar, thank you.

Sometimes you're fun to chat with here and there, Rusty.  Other times you're a real see-you-next-Tuesday.

Sections
Shortcuts