Two of Boston's best teams have their fans to thank

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

Two of Boston's best teams have their fans to thank

I was watching Fox News 2night with my family and i saw that there was a poll conducted to find out where and what teams have the best fans. Boston was first!!!Laughing Boston had two teams in the top five that gave them the honor. The Sox and Patriots made to top five. Here is what the list looked like:

1.) Red Sox
    2.) Steelers
    3.) Redwings
    4.) Colts
    5.) Patriots

What do u guys think about this? What teams and city in your mind have the best fans? 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Re: Two of Boston's best teams have their fans to thank

I definitely think Boston has the most passionate fans because there's nothing else to do haha...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

How can Indy be in the top 5?  I have never seen a colt shirt outside of Indiana.  How about them Cowboys.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

In Response to Re: Two of Boston's best teams have their fans to thank:
    How can Indy be in the top 5?  I have never seen a colt shirt outside of Indiana.  How about them Cowboys.
    Posted by Tcal2

Yeah. I was confused on why the colts made the list. i'm surprised that the penguins and capitals didn't make the list along with the yankees. I'm just happy the Sox got first.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

I'm surprised to see no yankees or lakers or cowboys in the top 5. 

If I had to predict this i would have said: 

1. Red Sox
    2. Cowboys
    3. Yankees
    4. Steelers
    5. Lakers

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

In baseball you have to say Cardinals first and maybe the Cubs ahead of the Red Sox. Nothing wrong with third. In Football Denver sells out year in and year out as do the Giants and the Eagles and Packers. Pro-Basketball is hard.The Trailblazers have sold out year after year, good or bad. Then again that's the only team they have. The Mets fans actually show up more then the Yankee fans when their team is not good. When both teams are bad the Mets outdraw the Yanks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

i have no problem with the list other than the pats being on there...wayyyyyyy too many years of fair weather fans when the team was awful to put them on this list

agree about the cards and cubs...their fans are absolutely as ravenous about their teams as sawx fans are about theirs

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Its not all about if the stadium is full or not friend.  If that were the case I suppose you would have to factor in the size of the stadium and the price of the ticket and the convenience of the teams schedule versus the average persons work schedule and blah blah blah blah.  My point is thats a dumb way to judge a teams fans.  I have been overseas the past three years in various god awful countries which obviously prohibits me from going to any games.  My point is I dont feel that makes me any less of a fan.  The Red Sox have been selling out for quite a while.  Is that in part because their stadium is smaller?  Yeah, I would imagine so.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

In Response to Re: Two of Boston's best teams have their fans to thank : Take this personally: You are so beyond utterly clueless when it comes to this, just move on. There is a difference between fed up fans sticking it to an owner because of fan abuse and people not going to games, and say for example, a bandwagon sports town in the Southeast like an Atlanta, Miami, Charlotte, or one in the South or Southwest or West.  LA is a bandwagon town deluxe.  So is Dallas.  So is Houston or New Orleans. What does 3 owners in 5 years in the late 1980s/early 1990s with absolutley no investment of any kind in the Patriots and a struggling franchise have to do with the passion of the fans? Who were those fans in the snow lining Rte 95 wishing NE players well in January of 1986 before NE pasted Miami in the Orange Bowl to head to the Super Bowl? You wouldn't know, child, because you weren't even 2 years old yet! These above awful cities for fan support aren't sports towns like a NY, Philly or Chicago or even a Detroit. You aren't going to win here. This is by far and away, population ratio alone, the best sports city in the world. Top 5 sports cities: 1. Boston 2. NY 3. Philly 4. Chicago 5. Detroit
    Posted by russgriswold

you should really stop talking about miami like you have spent a great deal of time there

A. the city of miami itself was not incorporated until 1896, boston had two professional baseball teams by that time which would equate to ample time to build a fanbase
    B. who cares about the pats winning in 85? that has nothing to do with this discussion whatsoever
    C. there is a heck of alot more to do in the south that doesnt involve sports...not so in the NE area so the people of the area get carried with their sports...which is fine...i think loyalty in sports irregardless of where its from is an admirable quality
    D. IMO, the top 5 are NYC, boston, chicago, st. louis, and philly
    E. you putting boston at first in everything? nooooooooooooo, thats not like your bias at all

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

A. its f***ing hilarious that you annoint yourself the winner of discussions on an internet message board
    B. i didnt say anything about sell outs...i said there was no one at pats games for 35 years...which is a true enough statement
    C. gillette stadium hasnt been around for 15 years yet chump
    D. the bruins never had a dynasty...the canadians wouldnt allow for that with them winning 20 something cups during the 40's, 50's, and 60's
    E. no argument with you about the C's, auerbach was the man...no doubt
    F. great, you had a bunch of hall of famers play here...so have other cities...that has nothing to do with fans

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Wheres the Raiders? I've seen people wearing Raiders stuff in Brazil and Japan. When it comes to passionate fans the raiders should be there. I hate em but like the yankees they have a lot of fans. I believe the Yankees sell more stuff world wide then Manchester united does.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

There is no way I could objectively chime in on this. I've lived in Boston my entire life. I will say this though, you don't see a lot of bumper stickers, jerseys or hats from teams outside of Boston in Boston.

One other point is Boston has always had one team in each of the four majors since the beginning of that professional sport. The only way for a fan to jump is to ally with another city and that doesn't go over to well.

There's a lot of passionate cities out there but there aren't many with only/even one team per major.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

A couple of things I'd like to say here. First, Rusty can I borrow the "Take this personally" introduction line? Its priceless.

2nd to JimmyJack. I live in South FL and while your statement about having lots more options then up North is absolutely true it is still not a valid excuse at all. The Dolphins have been around a long time and have a loyal fan base but they do not compare with the good people of Foxborough or Patriot fans in general. I have been to just about every Pats Dolphins games since 2000(when I moved here) and as I am sure you will attest to there are at least 30% Patriot fans in the stands. This would never happen in Gillette. No chance. I will give you the excuse that Miami is a melting pot of different cultures and that can affect the "Fair weather mentality" of the fans down here but that could be used more for the Marlins not so much the Fins.

Last thing. I was in Miami for the superbowl and I will guesstimate 97% of the fans were wearing Saints jerseys while 2% were wearing a different NFL jersey to 1% that were wearing Colts jerseys it was hilarious. Point being the Colts fans do not belong on the above list.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Russ, I know NY, Chicago and Philly are nuts about thier teams but the problem is they have other's ones to jump to. When a Boston team is eliminated I could care less. I watch because I love sports but there's no vested interest anymore.

If Boston had two baseball teams (lol) and the Sox got eliminated I would jump right over to the other because it's still Boston right?

When you only have one you're all in, that's the difference

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Russ, I know NY, Chicago and Philly are nuts about thier teams but the problem is they have other's ones to jump to. When a Boston team is eliminated I could care less. I watch because I love sports but there's no vested interest anymore. If Boston had two baseball teams (lol) and the Sox got eliminated I would jump right over to the other because it's still Boston right? When you only have one you're all in, that's the difference
    Posted by Sam-Adams

"When a Boston team is eliminated I could care less."

Am I taking this out of context Sam?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Agreed. I said that above when I separated NY from Boston with Boston being a notch above; exactly for that reason. NY has basically has 4 hockey teams, 3 football teams, 2 basketball teams and two baseball teams.
    Posted by russgriswold

Right, I always think of NY and NJ the same

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

A couple of things I'd like to say here. First, Rusty can I borrow the "Take this personally" introduction line? Its priceless. 2nd to JimmyJack. I live in South FL and while your statement about having lots more options then up North is absolutely true it is still not a valid excuse at all. The Dolphins have been around a long time and have a loyal fan base but they do not compare with the good people of Foxborough or Patriot fans in general. I have been to just about every Pats Dolphins games since 2000(when I moved here) and as I am sure you will attest to there are at least 30% Patriot fans in the stands. This would never happen in Gillette. No chance. I will give you the excuse that Miami is a melting pot of different cultures and that can affect the "Fair weather mentality" of the fans down here but that could be used more for the Marlins not so much the Fins. Last thing. I was in Miami for the superbowl and I will guesstimate 97% of the fans were wearing Saints jerseys while 2% were wearing a different NFL jersey to 1% that were wearing Colts jerseys it was hilarious. Point being the Colts fans do not belong on the above list.
    Posted by TrueChamp

crusty isnt worth responding to anymore

but you do bring up some points id like to touch base on

it is absolutely a valid excuse for teams other than the phins and they absolutely compare with the fans up here...the reason you see alot of pats fans down there is because there are a ton of snow birds down there...native miamians generally dont leave the area and they certainly dont go north if they do...however...when i was at the marlins-sox game last year in fenway there was a ton of marlins fans there(interesting right?) and according to the guy i work next to(a lifetime pats fan) the only opposing team that draws better than the phins up here is the ravens as far as opposing fans go

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

actually, its because this is a discussion board

not an "i win" board where dissent is discouraged

thats why you arent worth responding to anymore

and btw...if you are indeed a man and not a small boy, id think it to be even more embarrassing that you have to act like an internet tough guy about football of all things...you say i have nothing to add to a discussion? then please...i implore you to put me on ignore that way you can never "beat" me in a discussion again...fair enough tough guy?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

I may have to think about this one: 1. I enjoy embarassing you repeatedly. 2. I find you incredibly annoying bringing nothing to the table.
    Posted by russgriswold

you are a small child with a napoleon complex

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

I am 6'1, so I wouldn't qualify for that term, Corky.  I would suggest you find a Dolphins board to use moving forward. There has to be one available to you at work. You are ruining this board. Go away.
    Posted by russgriswold

hey corky, im not talking about your height

as i said...you dont want to see what i have to say, then ignore me...i triple dog dare you with your wife's cherry on top

Sections
Shortcuts