Two sets of rules...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

Re: Two sets of rules...

I think Watley needs to listen better...

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: Two sets of rules...:
    [QUOTE]I don't like Roethlisburger but I think that punishing him for a rumor is a dangerous road.  Somebody at your work could say you raped them, and whether there is any truth or not it would hurt your companies image and yours.  All anyone knows for sure is that he had sex with a 20 year old woman, that is not illegal, it's not even unethical.  To punish him based off how hanus the crime would be, if the rumors were true just seems wrong.  I could see suspending someone for immoral behaviour that hurts the NFL's image, but proof would have to be necessary IMO, not just rumor. My point about Ben being unprofitable and getting fired is this.  Getting fired for rumors should not be allowed, but getting fired for cause because you are not profitable is basic capitalism.  There may not be proof of what Ben did that night but there is proof that people don't like him and that should allow the team to fire him.  The effect would be the same, but the justification seems better than basing it off rumors IMO.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

It was much more than rumor. If you or I had done what he did, we'd be writing from the big house right now. And, we know it was not an isolated incident. Sadly, he'll still get support from a lot of steeler fans when he returns but I think he'll get booed from a lot, too.

I'd like to have seen Goodell throw the book at this slimeball with a full year's suspension. The NFL is a private organization and not subject to the Due Process rukles that a government organization would be subjected to. They can pretty much do what they want in terms of punishment.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Don't be so hard on Ben.
     It isn't like he was caught filming games without the required three sided shed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

patsfan76,

this guys Sam aint been back, he knew he was wrong,

Look, let's put this to bed. I didn't reply because I was on the road doing a job. It wasn't because I was wrong or you were right.
    You seem to be Ok with what these guys do because you were exposed to some of it growig up. You also seem to be offended by the term I used. I don't really give a sh*it what you want to call them to be honest with you and I could care less what you saw growing up.

Mike Vick had a dog fighting campaign....Never heard of him shooting anyone...

He killed dogs, that isn't enough for you? He has to shoot a human being to be a thug? What's wrong with you? 

L.T, as well as every pittsburgh and Cowboy lineman was on Coke, SO!,

I didn't grow up in Winchester big guy, I grew up in Charlestown so don't play the I've seen this and that card with me. being hopped up on blow with kids looking up to you is crap, and it deserves more than a SO!

If you punch a pregnant women, or if you purposely ram your Escalade into another vehicle, or if you shoot yourself in a nightclub or you attempted rape twice or do cocaine or be involved in murder investigations or do anything like that you're an a**hole thug. Do they belong to a gang. no I doubt it but they aren't any better when they pull this crap.

Kids look up to these guys and you don't get to pick them, did your father pick your idol growing up? Was that person involved in domestic violence or rape or murder?

I just wanted to respond to the posts as I read them. 

I just didnt get why Sam wanted him banned for life, but ben out for a year...Its ludacris to Have Goodell doing investigative police work,. 

You know, I'll give you this one. They both lost their privilege to play in the NFL. Add Pac Man, Ray Lewis, Vick and anyone else abusing their status and fame and becoming horribly bad role models for the kids who look up to them.
    As for Goddell, it's easy. If you're being investigated by the police for serious criminal offenses multiple times you're bad for the league and you're gone. He's not a judge or jury, guilty or innocent if you're thug enough to continually put yourself in bad situations, or continue to hang around with the wrong people who get you in trouble you're gone, simple. There isn't any right to play, it's a privilege to play and it can be lost.

I was just saying...I dont like what Pacman, Vick, whoever has done, but they shouldnt be role models to begin with...Like Barkely said...It should be the parent.. 

You don't get to pick them, the kids do. These guys are on TV, they score TD's, make big plays, some are on commercials so you can't keep your kids away from them. You try to point them in a good direction but how many kids you think idolized Vick? Now he's back so what do you think the kids will remember? Not the jail time, nope, it'll be how he beat the system and got to play again. F*uck him, he went to college, let him pursue what he got his degree in-LOL

I'm sure you don't agree with what they did but don't come on here and call me out for wanting clean role models for my/our kids.

Congrats on your new arrival, I hope everything goes great for you and the Mrs.
    Maybe sports will be more disciplined and penalties more severe by the time yours grows up??

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Guys don't worry. Tony Dungy just released his new book..."The Mentor Leader" I am confident the amount of Thugs/Gang Bangers/ Bad character guys will be cut down immediately. If there are any bad apples then Goodel will just send his buddy Tony over to their house's for a little of the old "Mentoring" He sure has done a bang up job with Vick. Its not like people are getting shot at his birthday parties or anything!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Ok, I see what you're saying.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see someone get fired over a rumor either but in this case and with this person there's a problem.

I guess my point is if they just stepped up the penalties for ANY kind of questionable behavior maybe these guys would think twice and be good role models for our kids by staying out of trouble all together.

More than once is a fact not a rumor. The reason this happens more often in the NFL than it should is because if they can play, they are forgiven.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

[QUOTE]Ok, I see what you're saying. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see someone get fired over a rumor either but in this case and with this person there's a problem. I guess my point is if they just stepped up the penalties for ANY kind of questionable behavior maybe these guys would think twice and be good role models for our kids by staying out of trouble all together. More than once is a fact not a rumor. The reason this happens more often in the NFL than it should is because if they can play, they are forgiven.
    Posted by gmbill[/QUOTE]

Exactly, the dicipline has to start somewhere and with someone. It'll look grossly unfair to that first or second guy but over time the rest of these guys will see there's no room for that behavior.
    Vick should never have been allowed to play again. It would have sent a strong message that questionable off the field behavior will not be tolerated even after you've paid your price to society.
    I'm no holy roller and I'm not racist but with kids looking up to them and the money they make it's not a lot to ask to just keep yourself clean. We're talking about a really low percentage of players that act like this, it shouldn't be that hard for the league, the owners and the players to weed them out. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

In light of the David Tyree catch I heard that the rules comittee. *Polian* have established a new rule limiting the amount of stick-um a player can apply to his helmet.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

There is a possibility I would even root for the stinking Cowboys over the Steelers if they played in the Super Bowl?!.......Naw maybe not. If it was Dolphins-Steelers in a playoff game, I really wouldn't know what to do?? Anybody else??

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In light of the David Tyree catch I heard that the rules comittee. *Polian* have established a new rule limiting the amount of stick-um a player can apply to his helmet.
    Posted by Philskiw[/QUOTE]
    LOL...awesome!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Is it two sets of rules or one double standard?