Two TE Draft

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Two TE Draft

Why is BB moving to Defense?

- I think he feels there is enough talent for HIM to work with.

Moving his focus to defense will allow Obrien to become the O Coordinator he wants to be. And maybe the TE is involved in that.

Hernandez and Gronkowski will be available in the second round.

Maybe the patriots will shift there spread to a double tight offense with more emphasis on running the ball. 

RB, OLB, TE, TE, Depth

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Two TE Draft

I hope we dont draft 2 TEs.  They are just not worth it.  Not 2 of them.  I can see 1, but please not two.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

I can see two if they get the pass catcher in the first couple rounds and a pure-in-line guy in rounds 6 or 7.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from angel3781. Show angel3781's posts

I can definately see the Pats selecting a TE somewhere within the first two rounds easily; and then also taking another one with a later pick like from the 4th-7th rounds, for the simple fact that they lack both starters and depth at the position which means this is a position of need.

In terms of whom we might target.

2nd Round = Gronkowski:  I feel that Gresham will be gone in the first round, most likely by the Ravens.  Hernandez might also be an option, but with Gronkowski's size and track record I think he gets the nod despite the injury risks.

4th Round = Jimmy Graham/Pita:  These are the best of the rest in my opinion.  Either one of these guys could go in the 3rd round, but I feel that one of these guys (most likely graham due to lack of experience playing football despite the amazing workouts) will be around in the 4th.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

With no TEs in the stable, if u thought our pass protection was bad last year - right now, it's even worse...lol.

But, it's still early.  I pray we don't waste 2 draft picks on TEs when our Pass Rush is our highest priority. If we can get another C, RT, or RG that would bolster our Oline....that'd be good too.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

The Pat's treat TE's the way the Sox treat Short Stops....revolving door every year.

Fauria
    Graham
    Watson
    Thomas
    Kyle Brady
    Baker
    Oldenburg (4th rd pick one year)

and a couple of H-Back/Full-back types as well..

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

In Response to Re: Two TE Draft:
    In Response to Re: Two TE Draft : Didn't we win a Super Bowl with Jermaine Wiggins? Let's not get too upset if we do not have a probowler at every position.
    Posted by One-If-By-Sea

Yes, I forgot about our Beastie from Eastie...too many to remember!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

In Response to Two TE Draft:
    Why is BB moving to Defense? - I think he feels there is enough talent for HIM to work with. Moving his focus to defense will allow Obrien to become the O Coordinator he wants to be. And maybe the TE is involved in that. Hernandez and Gronkowski will be available in the second round. Maybe the patriots will shift there spread to a double tight offense with more emphasis on running the ball.  RB, OLB, TE, TE, Depth
    Posted by tagandtItrade

I was actually thinking the same thing this week. I have a strong feeling we are going to sign Crumpler. If not I think there is a possibility we take two TE's.It doesn't hurt us to take one with a 6th or 7th round pick, It's about the same as taking an Offensive lineman late.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

They have a private workout schedule with Tony Moeaki from Iowa. I think he is projected later rounds.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I think they will draft one of the family tree TE's: Hernandez,Peek or Moeaki. Which one offer the best of both worlds? The one that can block well and catch when thrown to will be the one they target. If they didn't need a WR,OLB,DE,OL and possibly a RB,I'd say they would actually try and draft 2 of the 3 Tree Te's.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i'd like to see them draft jimmy graham from Miami, 6'8" great blocker and reciever