Two Things From This Past Weekend

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Two Things From This Past Weekend

The first is not Pats related, but I just want to know if others saw this too. On Williams' return in OT, was that entirely his fault because of how he was handling the ball? I have not heard or seen any stories on this, but he starts out his return by taking the first four steps holding the ball in front of him with both hands like it is a baby throwing up and then starts to tuck the ball.  Am I wrong on this or was that just poor technique.

Second, who thinks the ball Moore swatted out of Evans' hands was a drop? I keep seeing it being referred to as such, but it was really punched out. With no Moore, he wouldn't have "dropped" it so I just differ with how this keeps getting worded.

That's all. Looking forward to two weeks. I think I can do that now right?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: Two Things From This Past Weekend

Yes.

Get a job.

Oh, wait, sorry, you can't.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

About the Williams fumble, I pointed that out to my son and told him Williams was careless with the ball and to make sure he gets the ball tucked quickly everytime he gets it.  Bad for Williams but a goodteaching tool to my son.

And yes, the defensive play by Moore was the reason for the ball coming out.  Had he not hit the ball it was game over.  Moore should be getting more props about that but it's the Patriots, they don't ever get much credit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Williams looked careless, that point in the game the only thing on his mind should be don't drop the ball.  Maybe he was thinking he could run one back and be a hero.

If Moore didn't hit the ball it's a TD.  I don't think there's much more Evans could have done and I wouldn't blame him.  It was just a great defensive play.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

In Response to Two Things From This Past Weekend:
    The first is not Pats related, but I just want to know if others saw this too. On Williams' return in OT, was that entirely his fault because of how he was handling the ball? I have not heard or seen any stories on this, but he starts out his return by taking the first four steps holding the ball in front of him with both hands like it is a baby throwing up and then starts to tuck the ball.  Am I wrong on this or was that just poor technique. Second, who thinks the ball Moore swatted out of Evans' hands was a drop? I keep seeing it being referred to as such, but it was really punched out. With no Moore, he wouldn't have "dropped" it so I just differ with how this keeps getting worded. That's all. Looking forward to two weeks. I think I can do that now right?
    Posted by EnochRoot

I have heard it called a drop.  Also, a strip.  Depends on who you listen to.  It sure was a strip, though.  And yes, to the Williams thing.  Bad coaching, if you ask me.  With the muffed punt earlier, you think they would have told the guy "It's sudden death overtime.  DON'T try to be a hero.  Field it cleanly, and when you hit traffic, FALL DOWN".  But, NO.  I'm looking forward to it also, but the posts here are so negative I think most people AGAIN believe we are going to get run over.  Not me.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Williams-poor ball security; the stuff defensive players drool over.

Moore/Evans-that was an excellent defensive play.  Absent Moore's quick hands it's a TD and arguably game-Ravens.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In Response to Two Things From This Past Weekend:
    The first is not Pats related, but I just want to know if others saw this too. On Williams' return in OT, was that entirely his fault because of how he was handling the ball? I have not heard or seen any stories on this, but he starts out his return by taking the first four steps holding the ball in front of him with both hands like it is a baby throwing up and then starts to tuck the ball.  Am I wrong on this or was that just poor technique. Second, who thinks the ball Moore swatted out of Evans' hands was a drop? I keep seeing it being referred to as such, but it was really punched out. With no Moore, he wouldn't have "dropped" it so I just differ with how this keeps getting worded. That's all. Looking forward to two weeks. I think I can do that now right?
    Posted by EnochRoot

The ball was slapped out of Evan's hands for sure. So, technically it's an incompletion, but the fans in Baltimore will want to remember it as a drop so they can swallow the bitter pill a lil easier. If completed, it surely would have won the game for them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: Two Things From This Past Weekend:
    Yes. Get a job. Oh, wait, sorry, you can't.
    Posted by EnochRoot

PatsFan"66 didn't get the job at the US Patent office? I guess his interview must have gone pretty much as you hypothesized in his "Pats' Fans Being Critical" thread...LOL!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

It looked to me like Kyle was switching the ball to his left hand right before the defender made contact and thats why it was knocked loose. If you are gonna switch hands or whatever, do it before the defenders are close.

Its tough. He is a young player who was just starting to have some success this year and that happened to him. I feel bad for him, he doesnt deserve to have death threats and all that.

People need to chill out.

as for Evans catch, it was def. knocked out and if Evans had a chance to get that second foot down, I think its a TD.  Talk about almost dropping to your knees!!!  Phew!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In Response to Re: Two Things From This Past Weekend:
    In Response to Two Things From This Past Weekend : Does it matter?
    Posted by Patsfansince1966

Seek help dude! You need it!

12. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts