Two UDFAs Already Released

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: Two UDFAs Already Released

Ouch, that really sucks for them. There are so many decent players on the roster already that I was sort of expecting something like this. Hopefully we will hear reports of a gem DE that has been dominating all of the tackles.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I think there are 30ish rookies. Did you expect BB to keep them all?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I was hoping for Hines.  He was fast. I think 4.35.  Would have been nice to see him get one in space. Maybe next year.  the injury shouldn't effect his running.  I thought he might make the roster. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm no doctor, but I think you have a hip labrum and a shoulder labrum.  A hip labral tear would be more signficant I think for a running back.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

That or other rookie free agents.  There will be a lot of movement on and off the 90 man roster throughout camp and preseason.  Belichick always rotates guys in and out looking for someone who might be able to contribute.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

I'm no doctor, but I think you have a hip labrum and a shoulder labrum.  A hip labral tear would be more signficant I think for a running back.

Agree with   I thought it implied shoulder labrum.   

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

Which leads to the question is it possible that as of today there is a player not yet on the 90 man roster who will make the 53 man roster?

There will be vet cap/camp cuts still to come. So I believe yes. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Which leads to the question is it possible that as of today there is a player not yet on the 90 man roster who will make the 53 man roster?

I think we will see a vet or two picked up as cuts are made later in the season.  We may also see a currently unsigned vet or two (Stallworth, for instance) brought in before other teams begin their cuts.  It's going to be very fluid for a while.  BB almost always makes roster adjustments after final cutdown day when he sees who's free.  Which means our first 53 man roster on cutdown day is very likely to change a day or two later.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mia76. Show mia76's posts

A few teams are already looking to cut some vets this week now that they have seen the rookies. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few players picked up, especially vets - if nothing else you get more information on the player in case you have an injury need later in the season.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

What position... possibly O-line???

I think we get DE depth.  Someone like abrahamson.  Hopefully not like fanane.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

BB always adds a late vet that makes the roster. It's hard to tell where right now as I like the TE, RB, OL positions. Maybe another CB or WR if one should become available as we have a lot of rook question marks filling out the depth at those positions

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I thought it was interesting that there was so little coverage from the rookie weekend camp..they don't let the writers in there anymore? Used to get some early reviews from how these guys ran, looked, etc.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

What position... possibly O-line???

I think we get DE depth.  Someone like abrahamson.  Hopefully not like fanane.  

Abraham's son?  tehehehe

Lol I just got off the phone with an old school friend named abrahamson.  My bad. Ha ha 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Hines broke his rookie.

A rookie is a bone or muscle that all rooks have.  It's in their shoulder, in their knee or in their head.  When it breaks they go on injured reserve, which considering that most rooks are 99% useless and just take up a coveted spot on the 53 man September 1 roster, is just as well for the Patriots.  In the next 18 months maybe Hines will learn to play the position at NFL speeds, or maybe Hines will be cut in August of 2014, but when the Patriots keep going to the well extra times they tend to get a few more keepers.  For Hines's part, he's getting paid to hang around a football practice facility, to lift weights and to confer with the running backs coach while his rookie gets all better.

The Patriots have experienced no disaster at all.  They're simply being smarter than the average NFL club.  Without wasting a draft pick or a roster spot, they stuffed a raw project guy with 4.35 speed into their chicken coop for a possible later profit.  Hines doesn't even count against the 90 man training camp limit.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

In response to Paul_K's comment:

Hines broke his rookie.

A rookie is a bone or muscle that all rooks have.  It's in their shoulder, in their knee or in their head.  When it breaks they go on injured reserve, which considering that most rooks are 99% useless and just take up a coveted spot on the 53 man September 1 roster, is just as well for the Patriots.  In the next 18 months maybe Hines will learn to play the position at NFL speeds, or maybe Hines will be cut in August of 2014, but when the Patriots keep going to the well extra times they tend to get a few more keepers.  For Hines's part, he's getting paid to hang around a football practice facility, to lift weights and to confer with the running backs coach while his rookie gets all better.

The Patriots have experienced no disaster at all.  They're simply being smarter than the average NFL club.  Without wasting a draft pick or a roster spot, they stuffed a raw project guy with 4.35 speed into their chicken coop for a possible later profit.  Hines doesn't even count against the 90 man training camp limit.

I don't care what anybody says BB is smarter than a fifth grader. He sits up nights and dreams of how he can circumvent every exsisting rule pertaining to the roster and how it can be manipulated. Bottom line is he wins!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

the actual practices were closed to the public. there were only a few interviews and a couple of drills that the media had access too. we'll get some light shed on them in mini camp at the end of May. hard to wait!

In response to mthurl's comment:

I thought it was interesting that there was so little coverage from the rookie weekend camp..they don't let the writers in there anymore? Used to get some early reviews from how these guys ran, looked, etc.

Sections
Shortcuts