Ty Law In Pats Hall

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjbag. Show jjbag's posts

Ty Law In Pats Hall

I want to say I'm happy to see him in there and think he deserves to be in there BUT, I feel Ray Clayborn should have gotten in there first. For you younger folks you have no idea what kind of corner Ray was, 12 years and during all 12 of those years QB's would not toss the ball to a receiver he was covering. He started a patriot and ended his career as a patriot. There are a lot of players from the late 70's through the mid 80's that I fear will not make the Hall due to the age of the voters and that is a real shame.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Re: Ty Law In Pats Hall

I agree that Raymond Clayborn should have been in the hall before now, just not at Ty's expense.

Mike Haynes and Raymond Clayborn were the best tandem of corners the Patriots have ever had.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mortarman. Show mortarman's posts

In response to jjbag's comment:

He started a patriot and ended his career as a patriot. 

Actually, not to quibble, but he actually finished his career in Cleveland. Nevertheless, I agree with you. Names that come to mind immediately include Russ Francis, Tim Fox, and perhaps Rich Camarillo. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I agree with you guys regarding Clayborn…. Clayborn IMHO got overshadowed some by Haynes and doesn't get the accolades he deserves.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Congratulations to Ty!

He once got Robert Kraft to dance in Government Center!

He helped knock the TD out of Torry Holt! (Holt wore 88 in SB36...switched to 81 after)

Ty Law, the true MVP of Super Bowl 36 (he put 6 on the board all by his lonesome). Brady had 16 completions for 145 yards and 1 td. Ty Law had 1 td from CB. That last drive was impressive, but Law was the MVP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yessir. He was following the top WR around way before Revis was thought of. Revis' whole game is patterned after Ty Law. Ty Law is part of the reason Revis is here now.

I will be heading up to Gillette on Friday to show my support and attend stadium practice. Should be a fun night.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

Ty Law after his team defeated the Rams in SB 36.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

everyone should try and come out on Friday to support Ty into the Pats HOF, and its at no charge. I went to Tedy's and it was awesome.

just saying, Ty was great, but Revis is better...Deion #1, Revis #2, Haynes #3. Ty falls into that #4 thru #10 range.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ronk1's comment:

everyone should try and come out on Friday to support Ty into the Pats HOF, and its at no charge. I went to Tedy's and it was awesome.

just saying, Ty was great, but Revis is better...Deion #1, Revis #2, Haynes #3. Ty falls into that #4 thru #10 range.

Last year Tedy's  speech was awesome. He was very animated and told a great story. Even Gil was very good with his induction speech.

Wish I could be there this year but unfortunately I will be traveling.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Yessir. He was following the top WR around way before Revis was thought of. Revis' whole game is patterned after Ty Law. Ty Law is part of the reason Revis is here now.

I will be heading up to Gillette on Friday to show my support and attend stadium practice. Should be a fun night.

"A lot of bookies are probably mad at us right now, but we don't give a damn, ... We're the champs!!"

I think that Deion and Revis brought a much higher level of coverage than Ty did. They were able to take out the opposintg #1 for the game. Ty never did that. Ty a better tackler, but still cant put him in that op 3 IMO

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

Congratulations to Ty!

He once got Robert Kraft to dance in Government Center!

He helped knock the TD out of Torry Holt! (Holt wore 88 in SB36...switched to 81 after)

Ty Law, the true MVP of Super Bowl 36 (he put 6 on the board all by his lonesome). Brady had 16 completions for 145 yards and 1 td. Ty Law had 1 td from CB. That last drive was impressive, but Law was the MVP.

Yup!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I think that Deion and Revis brought a much higher level of coverage than Ty did. They were able to take out the opposintg #1 for the game. Ty never did that. Ty a better tackler, but still cant put him in that op 3 IMO

I believe Revis and Deion were a little better at pure coverage and sticking to your man. Revis and Ty are more alike than you think and Yes TY did absolutely cover the best WR for most his career here. Obvisously he was used differently with Parcells, Carrol, BB but in 97,98,99 he was on top of his game and his coming out party was when he shut down Michael Irving. Both He and Revis used strength to beat up opponents at the LOS, I recall him saying when he was gassed, he would just stone the WR at the line to catch his breath. The Play would be over right away. What I will say makes Ty better than Revis at the moment is his 3 rings and his ability to always make plays in the clutch.

Revis was more of a lockdown guy in terms of giving up less and Ty would always be good for an early illegal contact or whatever to test the waters but he went a whole year and half without giving up a TD pass.

Maybe you forgot but Ty def. did spend some years following around the best WR. Revis is not the even close to being the 1st to do it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

I believe Revis and Deion were a little better at pure coverage and sticking to your man. Revis and Ty are more alike than you think and Yes TY did absolutely cover the best WR for most his career here. Obvisously he was used differently with Parcells, Carrol, BB but in 97,98,99 he was on top of his game and his coming out party was when he shut down Michael Irving. Both He and Revis used strength to beat up opponents at the LOS, I recall him saying when he was gassed, he would just stone the WR at the line to catch his breath. The Play would be over right away. What I will say makes Ty better than Revis at the moment is his 3 rings and his ability to always make plays in the clutch.

Revis was more of a lockdown guy in terms of giving up less and Ty would always be good for an early illegal contact or whatever to test the waters but he went a whole year and half without giving up a TD pass.

Maybe you forgot but Ty def. did spend some years following around the best WR. Revis is not the even close to being the 1st to do it.

well I did not say that Revis was the first. I simply said he was the 2nd best after Deion. Thats no put down to Ty, he simply was not as good as Deion or Revis when it comes to coverage. Ty was great, and one of the very, very best CB's ever, but he is not top 3

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

well I did not say that Revis was the first. I simply said he was the 2nd best after Deion. Thats no put down to Ty, he simply was not as good as Deion or Revis when it comes to coverage. Ty was great, and one of the very, very best CB's ever, but he is not top 3

No, we agree on that. We disagree that he never followed the # 1 WR.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronk1. Show ronk1's posts

Maybe I am mistaken, but I always recall Ty playing only 1 side of the field?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Maybe I am mistaken, but I always recall Ty playing only 1 side of the field?

IN 2001 and 2003, 2 SB years, he mainly stayed to his side. While playing for Parcells and Carrol, he used to follow the guy around wherever they went. He used to lock up big guys like Eric Moulds but struggle with little ones like Wayne Chrebet but always took the teams best WR. Thats another edge I give to Revis. He seems to be able to cover bigger and smaller guys just the same.

Sections
Shortcuts