Ty Law is back in the Mix!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

Ty Law is back in the Mix!

Former Jets CB Ty Law is talking to the Patriots and Browns about the possibility of playing in 2009, according to close friend Darrelle Revis

Read more: "The Jets Stream - NY Daily News" - http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/05/kellen-clemens-starting-to-los.html#ixzz0Eqe424N9&A

Looks like the Pats and the Browns are interested in Law.  The Pats because they want a veteran CB from the Pats system and Mangini because BB wants him. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

Re: Ty Law is back in the Mix!

To me, Law is useless to the 2009 Patriots, unless the defensive backfield is once again ravaged by injuries.  At this point, I think Springs and Bodden are better options to start, and I want Butler, Wheatley, and Wilhite to play and develop, because they are the future of the position in New England.

Last year was a completely different story, we could have used him badly.  I just don't see where he fits this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

We trade Ellis Hobbs to replace him with this guy? Ty has lost it as a player. This is an indication of how soft our defensive secondary is, and if we are relying on the new rookie draftees, please help!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

we can hope they are the future.bodden i think will out shine them all.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

We trade Ellis Hobbs to replace him with this guy? Ty has lost it as a player. This is an indication of how soft our defensive secondary is, and if we are relying on the new rookie draftees, please help!
    Posted by BostonBobBlowhard

its a shame the jets gave up so much for sanchez.because the jets will still blow.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from flasox. Show flasox's posts

You are just another Yankees and Jets troll  who came out of the woodwork today. You can't fool us with your bull shot 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Yeah, lets overspend for Ty Law, then we can watch this slower, older version of a CB lead the league in PI penalties.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

Yeah, lets overspend for Ty Law, then we can watch this slower, older version of a CB lead the league in PI penalties.
    Posted by PatsRfineIn09

LOL yeah cause BB has a long history of over paying players.  If he signs with the Pats it will be for short money and to mentor our young crop of DB's. This would be a good thing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from flutie66. Show flutie66's posts

personally id be really happy to see Ty Law in a patriots uniform again. i was never a fan of his non-football side, but he was a hell of a playmaker in his heyday and still is peyton mannings kryptonite. i also think he was the most important player on our defense in 2001, and at least one of the other superbowl years. aside from weis and crennel, Law is the biggest loss our team has suffered this decade.

he is a player that understands the system and still has alot of gas left in the tank.
    however, i dont think  the pats will sign him because he will want more money than he is worth in his declining years. still, i think he could offer alot

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from joe81b. Show joe81b's posts

I'd take him during the season if CB injuries started adding up, lets hope that doesn't happen.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

aside from weis and crennel, Law is the biggest loss our team has suffered this decade.      

You should also add Willie Mac to that list. He was usually the guy who made the big defensive play late in a close game. Especially in January. Of course, time has moved on. My hope is that someone else will step up and assume these guys' roles. Law for short money as a rotational guy might be alright. But I think they've addressed the secondary as much as they're going to. But you are correct that Law has always been Peyton's bane! I used to love his facial expression as he sulked off the field after throwing one to Ty or Rodney!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

You guys can't want this guy.  This is one of the greedy ones, remember.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ROWDYRODRUST. Show ROWDYRODRUST's posts

Trox1 wrote something that might have been the best post ever but for the life of me I can't tell you what the hell he wrote.... I was too distracted.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from superfxb. Show superfxb's posts

personally id be really happy to see Ty Law in a patriots uniform again. i was never a fan of his non-football side, but he was a hell of a playmaker in his heyday and still is peyton mannings kryptonite. i also think he was the most important player on our defense in 2001, and at least one of the other superbowl years. aside from weis and crennel, Law is the biggest loss our team has suffered this decade. he is a player that understands the system and still has alot of gas left in the tank. however, i dont think  the pats will sign him because he will want more money than he is worth in his declining years. still, i think he could offer alot
    Posted by flutie66

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston006. Show boston006's posts

I just don't see Ty Law coming back to the PATS.  Once you leave coming back just don't make any sense and why would BB want him back, Really???  It's time Ty Law and the PATS move on.  Smile, GO PATS...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pyegian. Show pyegian's posts

boston006, BB offered Law a pretty decent contract last year to return, and he almost did, before choosing the Jets.  

That's not to say I want him this year, unless injuries start to add up.  There's no spot for him to play right now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

If Law comes to play for the vet minimum, then fine.  But I don't see Mangini letting him go to the pats, he'll overpay big time.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

I am not sure Ty Law makes the starting squad this season. The Pats have too much talent and depth at this position now.

If it is very cheap he makes a solid S/CB pickup.

I have always wanted to see him as a FS anyways.

But really, is he any more than depth here?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

To me, Law is useless to the 2009 Patriots, unless the defensive backfield is once again ravaged by injuries.  At this point, I think Springs and Bodden are better options to start, and I want Butler, Wheatley, and Wilhite to play and develop, because they are the future of the position in New England. Last year was a completely different story, we could have used him badly.  I just don't see where he fits this year.
    Posted by pyegian

I agree...the ship has sailed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Former Jets CB Ty Law is talking to the Patriots and Browns about the possibility of playing in 2009, according to close friend Darrelle Revis Read more: "The Jets Stream - NY Daily News" - http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/2009/05/kellen-clemens-starting-to-los.html#ixzz0Eqe424N9&A Looks like the Pats and the Browns are interested in Law.  The Pats because they want a veteran CB from the Pats system and Mangini because BB wants him. 
    Posted by Grogan77

Ty law is irrelevant in 2009.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

Trox1.........what was that you posted? I keep going back to reread it....but for the life of me, I can't comprehend it. But for Gods' sake...please keep posting.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

I'm perfectly happy with what we got, BB has done a great job revamping our secondary

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dafoe. Show dafoe's posts

Are we really going to do this again? How many time are we going to pretend Ty Law is coming back here. He will do what he has done the past several years- use the Pats to drive up the price for some other team. I doubt he has (or ever had) any intention of resigning here.

It's time to move on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

WHAT?  Wow, you are dumb....Hobbs is useless and so isn't Law....we have Bodden and Springs, we also have the 2nd year players in Wheatley, Wilhite plus the rookie Butler....that is not a shabby crew.....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1020us. Show m1020us's posts

Are we really going to do this again? How many time are we going to pretend Ty Law is coming back here. He will do what he has done the past several years- use the Pats to drive up the price for some other team. I doubt he has (or ever had) any intention of resigning here. It's time to move on.
    Posted by dafoe

Law might be good as a LB in the Nickel Package...IF Law comes here, I can see him being anything but a CB.....

Sections
Shortcuts