Ty Warren injury..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Ty Warren injury..........

I know he isnt here but Broncos beat reporters are reporting Ty Warren tore a muscle and will need season ending surgery........to bad......

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Re: Ty Warren injury..........

Wow... that sucks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

He hurt his football desire muscle a couple years ago.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren injury..........:
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11

gimme a break...let's crap on the dude while he's down & out. Ty's a good guy. Its a shame...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

ty warren betrayed the pats

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Yeah I didn't like the way he went out and skipped the offseason to finish his degree when:  A. He had the rest of his life to do it (28 at the time)   B. He was making 3-4 million a year  C. He needed to get surgury and rehab it before training camp   D. He showed up to camp injured, practiced a day and then had season ending hip surgury.

I'm sorry if this all sounds mean, but when your employer pays you millions of dollars to play a game and you don't hold up your end of the bargain...you shouldn't be employed. And by the sound of it, he won't be for much longer...good thing you got that degree after all Ty. Pats were smart not to waste 5 million on this guy this year; could you imagine if we were planning on building our 34 with the hopes this guy was going to make it respectable again? We'd have no money left to get someone else and we'd be in the same boat as last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

Agreed.  He robbed Kraft of all that money after 2006, then went back to college to party with the frat boys.  Kraft and BB were awful nice to let him hang around so long.

And I thought Seymour treated us bad.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

He quit on the Pats once Kraft gave him the 2nd contract.

Don't wish injury on anyone, hope he heals.

But I slowly lost respect for him and his "compete level".

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Like him or not, I don't like to see season ending injury on any player.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

So, a guy that finished his degree at college lost his desire?  Come on guys, he came into camp and got hurt, it isnt like he retired after getting his degree.  Everyone bashes pro athletes for not finishing college, then we bash someone that does?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

i think ty warren hoodwinked the pats more than any other player given a major contract

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

So, a guy that finished his degree at college lost his desire?  Come on guys, he came into camp and got hurt, it isnt like he retired after getting his degree.  Everyone bashes pro athletes for not finishing college, then we bash someone that does?
    Posted by gln826

I kinda agree with you, and I don't necessarily attribute his injury last year to his lack of offseason participation.  He's an injury prone player; offseason workouts or not.  HOWEVER, when you are being paid millions of dollars, that is your primary job, your profession, your career.  It's not really much to ask of someone making that much money to pursue his college and second career after his football career is over.  I mean, it would be completely different if a player on the bubble were to do that.

That said, people make too big a deal of it. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerh5. Show jerh5's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren injury.......... : gimme a break...let's crap on the dude while he's down & out. Ty's a good guy. Its a shame...
    Posted by Red-Doc-Redemption

Ty is a great guy, but its true. He lost his desire. He should have had that surgery long before training camp. He knew he needed it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Too bad for Ty. I always thought he was a good Patriot who played hard.Get well soon Ty!!! Go pats...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

too bad about the injury.  I don't have a problem w/ ty going back for his education.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The guy is 30 years old and his body is wearing down.  It happens.  He played extremely well in 2007 (the year after he got his big contract)--possibly his best season.  And he was playing well in 2008 until he had the groin injury. Since then, he's suffered injury after injury.  I think it's a big stretch to attribute his decline in play to a lack of desire or--most ridiculously--to his earning a college degree in the offseason of 2010.  Sometimes 300 lb guys just break down.  It's a lot of weight to carry and it's pretty tough banging it out in the trenches season after season.  I think Warren just wore out.  The attacks on his character just seem ridiculous to me . . . 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

He was a class guy, all the way.  He even LEFT the right way.  I'm sorry if he is hurt.  I had hopes he would catch on and play a few more years.  He didn't quit on the Patriots by any means.  It's amazing to me how people want to turn ANYTHING anyone does into the reason we lost games.  Our defense as a whole declined over the last few years.  Big losses in key personnel will do that to you.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I bet he's glad he has his diploma now. I thought he was a good guy, played hard, left like a professional. I dont see the "hurt of football desire muscle".

There were people caling for him back on the cheap after he got cut. Thought it was some big plan.

Good luck TY, thanks for your time here and I hope your injury heals quick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren injury.......... : Agreed.  He robbed Kraft of all that money after 2006, then went back to college to party with the frat boys.  Kraft and BB were awful nice to let him hang around so long. And I thought Seymour treated us bad.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

have to agree on this...they probably looked at last year and said he can get his degree when he is done with football...and he had the hip issue which he waited till the end and then got fixed... so they made a business decison...

in any event he went over there and got a nice chunk to retire on... dont see him coming back after that... but best wishes to him

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

MTHURL had it right. Ty lost his desire for football. He had the whole off season to get into shape but did not. Lots of these injures are due to them not being in shape.

When you become a professional football player your number one priority is to be ready to play. His number one priority was to get his degree which was well documented. Then he should have stayed in college instead of going for the money and coming out early. It wasn't because he loved football it was because he wanted the money.

It sounds to me like he drank the cool-aid at first but then was tarnished like a few bad apples that were on the team a few years ago and are no longer here. Bill cleans them out as soon he smells them fermenting. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Too bad for Ty.  Good thing he got that college degree while he was out last year.  He was a good guy and never really complained once while he was here. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

IMO he didnt lose his desire for football,He came out of college wanted to play but always new there is relativly short carrers in the NFL after a few injuries he went back to college knowing he wanted to do something after football.He was thinking about his future and for ones that dont agree with me put it this way ,if you wanted more then the job you have would you go back to school or wait till retirement then go back or wait till a company lays you off and it takes time to do all these things to set yourself up in the right position for the future.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Most guys in the NFL break.  It's the NFL.  A very few like John Elway retire.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

MTHURL had it right. Ty lost his desire for football. He had the whole off season to get into shape but did not. Lots of these injures are due to them not being in shape. When you become a professional football player your number one priority is to be ready to play. His number one priority was to get his degree which was well documented. Then he should have stayed in college instead of going for the money and coming out early. It wasn't because he loved football it was because he wanted the money. It sounds to me like he drank the cool-aid at first but then was tarnished like a few bad apples that were on the team a few years ago and are no longer here. Bill cleans them out as soon he smells them fermenting. 
    Posted by dyslexic

I love the Ty Warren debates (along with Meriweather), but I'm not sure he lost desire to play football. I just don't like the fact that he put off surgery during an offseason to get his college degree. I think when you do something like that it's like calling in sick to a job for a month, and it just happens to be a job that pays you millions of dollars. Banta Cain did something similar (put off surgery) and then just walked into the stadium and was like, surprise! I need to be out a while because despite you telling me I need surgery...I decided to enjoy my offseason, rather than go through the pain and rehab. 

It amazes me how many people applauded the Ty Warren "Back to School" move at the time. Maybe they still do. A thread like this two years ago was 90% in favour of the scholarly Warren. I guess when Belichick cuts a guy five minutes after he walks through the door and that same guy won't be playing football for another year, changes things.

Sections
Shortcuts