Ty Warren injury..........

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: Ty Warren injury..........

There's a lot of speculation being made on this thread by people who've never met Ty Warren and certainly never talked to his doctors about his medical conditions . . . don't really see how it's acceptable to trash a man's character based on no real knowledge at all  . . . and I certainly don't understand the resentment against the guy going back to school during the offseason.  Plenty of players do worse with their offseason time than that!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stewart7557. Show stewart7557's posts

I was a big Ty Warren fan over the years but I agree he seemed to have lost some of his desire more recently. I know he had the hip injury but I read a report he came to this years camp overweight and pulled a hamstring during his conditioning run. As BB would say - "that's not what were looking for Ty".

And now he goes to Denver and tears a tricep?? Maybe the HGH testing is an issue with some of these aging players .... Innocent

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsRfineIn09. Show PatsRfineIn09's posts

Interesting range of opinions, i can't say i'll miss him because he has not been around for years. Loved the guy in his prime but that is now over. Glad BB cut him, great move.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren injury..........:
    There's a lot of speculation being made on this thread by people who've never met Ty Warren and certainly never talked to his doctors about his medical conditions . . . don't really see how it's acceptable to trash a man's character based on no real knowledge at all  . . . and I certainly don't understand the resentment against the guy going back to school during the offseason.  Plenty of players do worse with their offseason time than that!
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Probably beating a dead horse here, because it's obvious the way Belichick thought of his offseason degree program (cut him), but I think you're wrong. Got no beef or "resentment" for a guy getting his degree, but have you ever heard about night school? Or how about internet classes/degree? Satellite programs? It's really not a matter of questioning a guys character either, hell he didn't stab anybody, it's just that you expect everything they got when they do this for a living. Everything. It's fair to say I've never met him (although my aunt knows his cousin) and from all reports he is a super duper individual...that just happend to screw over his team last year;)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren injury.......... : Probably beating a dead horse here, because it's obvious the way Belichick thought of his offseason degree program (cut him), but I think you're wrong. Got no beef or "resentment" for a guy getting his degree, but have you ever heard about night school? Or how about internet classes/degree? Satellite programs? It's really not a matter of questioning a guys character either, hell he didn't stab anybody, it's just that you expect everything they got when they do this for a living. Everything. It's fair to say I've never met him (although my aunt knows his cousin) and from all reports he is a super duper individual...that just happend to screw over his team last year;)
    Posted by mthurl

Maybe, but I think it's just as likely that the guy is simply breaking down.  Not every player has a body that can take the kind of punishment that a 3-4 DE takes.  Warren was a great player until 2008 when the injury bug started. That precedes his going back to college by two years, so I'm not sure it's fair to blame everything on what happened in the 2010 offseason.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Posted by prolate0spheroid

On this board??! Really? Naaaah.......lol Laughing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2009Champs. Show boston2009Champs's posts

Why do fake patriot fans always end up bashing former patriot players with the expection of laurence maroney. Stop hating on Ty!!!! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Why do fake patriot fans always end up bashing former patriot players with the expection of laurence maroney. Stop hating on Ty!!!! 
    Posted by boston2009Champs

What makes one a "real" Patriots fan?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harleyroadking-11. Show Harleyroadking-11's posts

I've been banned more times than you have posts.....also there are number of us who have been here for years. Your 6 posts into your commentary here and already calling us fake....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren injury.......... : What makes one a "real" Patriots fan?
    Posted by Rocky

A real fan craps patriot helmets! A real fan understands that these guys are just "human" and deserve to on occasion blow off 6 months of offseasom workouts! I mean hell, isn't working from July to December enough? A real fan doesn't question draft picks or personnel moves. A real fan understands when we lose at home during the playoffs. A real fan bleeds blue. A real fan silently wishes Kraft owned the food company and not the paper one...so we could eat macaroni and cheese all damn day!!!!

This is what a real fan is DAMNIT!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren injury.......... : A real fan craps patriot helmets! A real fan understands that these guys are just "human" and deserve to on occasion blow off 6 months of offseasom workouts! I mean hell, isn't working from July to December enough? A real fan doesn't question draft picks or personnel moves. A real fan understands when we lose at home during the playoffs. A real fan bleeds blue. A real fan silently wishes Kraft owned the food company and not the paper one...so we could eat macaroni and cheese all damn day!!!! This is what a real fan is DAMNIT!!
    Posted by mthurl

Man.......... and to think I called myself a Patriots fan!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2009Champs. Show boston2009Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren injury.......... : A real fan craps patriot helmets! A real fan understands that these guys are just "human" and deserve to on occasion blow off 6 months of offseasom workouts! I mean hell, isn't working from July to December enough? A real fan doesn't question draft picks or personnel moves. A real fan understands when we lose at home during the playoffs. A real fan bleeds blue. A real fan silently wishes Kraft owned the food company and not the paper one...so we could eat macaroni and cheese all damn day!!!! This is what a real fan is DAMNIT!!
    Posted by mthurl

Amen

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

He's been breaking down for years...pulled a hammy in the conditioning run...sad to say he's gotta be in better shape

60maxpowero.com great stuff from a new Pats site

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from boston2009Champs. Show boston2009Champs's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren injury.......... : I've been banned more times than you have posts.....also there are number of us who have been here for years. Your 6 posts into your commentary here and already calling us fake....
    Posted by Harleyroadking-11

6 posts and counting 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

" and I certainly don't understand the resentment against the guy going back to school during the offseason."

When your Job is Football and it pays you millions of $ you should dedicate yourself 100% to that job.

It's not like he couldn't wait a few years to get that degree or he needed that degree to get a better job.  I hope that helps explain the resentment a bit.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren injury.......... : 6 posts and counting 

I am sure everybody looks forward to your upcoming posts!  Sealed

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

He had promised his mom that he would get his degree which supports the fact we hear Ty is a good person. But as some have said here why couldn't that have waited? When Rodney Harrison, Tom Brady, and Welker all blew out their knees we all heard the stories about how they worked their butts off rehabbing to come back strong. All the stories I read about Ty's comeback never mentioned he worked his butt off except studying to get his degree. Again, I respect the fact he got his degree but I don't respect his decision making nor his timing.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

He was released, which says a lot. Most college athletes are able to stay in peak condition plus keep up with their studies. I applauded Ty for going back to get his degree but he could've and should've come to camp ready.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

When your Job is Football and it pays you millions of $ you should dedicate yourself 100% to that job. 
    Posted by tcal2-

Oh tcal, please don't go all church lady on me . .  . 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Didn't he throw back a lot of coin in a workout bonus to get his degree?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

not only did Ty lose his desire bigtime!- hope that A&M diploma comes in handy- but if we all think about it Seymour and Wilfolk made Warren.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Denver hopes he can play late this season
    UPDATED: 08/18/2011 08:01:48 AM MDT

Broncos defensive tackle Ty Warren will undergo surgery Tuesday morning to repair his partially torn right triceps.

For now, the Broncos are not placing Warren on season-ending injured reserve. Recovery time for torn triceps is three to six months. The odds aren't good, but because Warren's injury isn't a full tear, there is hope his recovery time could be closer to three months.

The best-case scenario for the Broncos is they enter the latter part of the season in playoff contention and Warren returns to play in the final four or five games.

More will be known after the operation when the team talks to his surgeon and other doctors.

Warren suffered the injury during a 9-on-7 team drill at training camp Monday. He started the day by switching his jersey number from 76 to the 94 he wore the past eight seasons with the New England Patriots.

He then lined up with the Broncos' No. 1 defense paired at tackle with Marcus Thomas. About an hour into practice, Thomas suffered a strained right pectoral muscle during a one-on-one run blocking drill. Thomas' injury will not require surgery, but he will miss the rest of preseason and possibly the first game or two in the regular season. A few minutes after Thomas' setback, Warren had a more serious injury.

Warren was a dominant defensive end in the Patriots' 3-4 system from the time he became a full-time starter in 2004 until he started battling groin injuries in 2008. He missed all of last season to recover from hip surgery. Released last month by the Patriots, Warren was pursued in free agency by the Kansas City Chiefs and Broncos. Although the Texans and Chiefs play the 3-4 defense that Warren is familiar with, he chose to play in the 4-3 system of new Broncos coach John Fox.

The Broncos gave Warren a $2.5 million signing bonus and $1.5 million salary for 2011. If they manage to receive some return on that investment, it won't be until later in the season.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

It's crap like this that really brings out the insufferable homerific Patriots fan..

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren injury.......... : I kinda agree with you, and I don't necessarily attribute his injury last year to his lack of offseason participation.  He's an injury prone player; offseason workouts or not.  HOWEVER, when you are being paid millions of dollars, that is your primary job, your profession, your career.  It's not really much to ask of someone making that much money to pursue his college and second career after his football career is over.  I mean, it would be completely different if a player on the bubble were to do that. That said, people make too big a deal of it. 
    Posted by carawaydj

I don't have anything to say about this post or this thread, particularly, but I did notice your Jack Handey signature and couldn't help wondering . . .

How many people on this board are old enough to remember Pat Paulsen for President?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

What is so respectable about getting a college degree?  It's not like he spent a year in Africa helping starving children dying of malaria.

Sections
Shortcuts