Ty Warren out for year??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EASON11. Show EASON11's posts

Ty Warren out for year??

Michael Holley on WEEI is reporting that Warren may be out for the year. I hope this is bum scoop. Someone will have to step up bigtime if thats the case.....

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Re: Ty Warren out for year??

Now that Seymour trade looks a little sketchy, huh?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Bad news if true. Can't afford to lose any help up front.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren out for year??:
    Posted by vertigho

Why?

What the heck does a trade before the start of last season have to do with anything this season?

You make deals with the teams best interest in mind at the time you make the deal and also with the future of what you "expect" to be the case. Quite certain they did not know TY would get a potentially season ending hip injury in training camp this year.

If you have a crystal ball can you tell me what the lottery numbers are gonna be. I could always use some xtra cash.  ...and maybe let the Pats borrow it as a replacement for the lost videopgraphy.

That sounds like the same kind of logic people use to say a guy who ends up with a unexpected medical issue after being drafted is a bust. IMO, a player who can play but ends up having a career ending injury, or health issue is not a bust. A bust is a player who is perfectly healthy and just can't play a lick and is out of the league for good in one or two years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

Easy there cowboy. Don't scare the children.

I was completely joking. Given the way that Seymour handled himself, and given the amount of money he's making, I don't want him either.

Now please, take a chill pill!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Considering Michael Holley only knows about basketball and doesn't even do a good job at that, I'll wait to hear it from Mike Reiss...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

He not that great.  He totally disappeared last year.  There will be comparable players available once teams cut down there rosters.  No need to worry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

If this is a major hip injury he may never be the same again. He was hurt last year too so I'd say we should focus on moving on if this is true. Like Tcal says there will be a lot of cuts coming up and Mike Wright has performed very well when we've needed him to.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ronf. Show ronf's posts

I hope he dosen't have a season ending injury but I have to agree that I was not entirely impressed with his play last year.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShiningWizard. Show ShiningWizard's posts

Mike Wright is more than capable of filling in.  He's been long overdo.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren out for year?? : Reiss blows anyone away here at the Globe or Herald. You are clueless.  ESPN blows, but Reiss hasn't sold out by any stretch.
    Posted by russgriswold

Seconded. Reiss is great and hasn't changed at all since going to espn. If I were him I would have gone to ESPN as well. I'm sure he got a huge raise and better job security. The Globe might not be around in 10 years, but espn sure will. You can't hate on a guy that makes a decision that will benefit his family and reports the same way he always has. I wouldn't believe anyone if they told me they wouldn't take better job security and a pay raise if it was offered to them.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

I was disappointed, but he hasn't changed. Bruschi actually has been very, very critical, almost attempting to protect his own legacy and putting it against what BB is building here. Have you noticed that?
    Posted by russgriswold

I've noticed it a little bit from what I've seen of him. I don't really watch espn that often and can't recall too much of what he's said in the past, but I've noticed him knocking the Pats more often that what I'd expect while glorifying the older team.

I actually like Rodney quite a bit. It's fun seeing him argue with Dungy about the Pats/Colts on national TV.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan24-7. Show Patsfan24-7's posts

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5461855

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Here go the worry girls.....one preseason game, lets not rework trades of the past and cry about an injury we do not know about. Wright will fill in if Warren is hurt, we will go on, honest.

So far we are undefeated

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Im right there with you on Bruschi.  I am shocked at the way he has been reporting.  Its almost like he is a little jealous that the Pats are going to continue to be successful without him.  Ahh well he is still one of my all time favorites, but he is way off on his assesment of this team.  We are still contenders and if I was the rest of the league I would pay a lot of attention to what is happening up here.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BS10FAN. Show BS10FAN's posts

In Response to Ty Warren out for year??:
    Michael Holley on WEEI is reporting that Warren may be out for the year. I hope this is bum scoop. Someone will have to step up bigtime if thats the case.....
    Posted by EASON11

The news is that the injury is a possible labral tear..similar to Arod's injury..If the labrum is torn he is gone for the year..surgery is a must..I tore the labrum in my shoulder and surgery is how it was reaired.  Not career threatening..but it is painful because it is the sheath that sits around the socket in your hip and in your shoulder..

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by vertigho

Ya, we'll really miss seymour's 30 tackles and 4 sacks in 16 games last year, in exchange for a lousy top 5 pick this year.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

A top five pick? So what do you think the Raiders record will be this year? They have some serious talent on D, and now that Russell is gone I can see them winning 8 games.

In Response to Re: Ty Warren out for year?? : Ya, we'll really miss seymour's 30 tackles and 4 sacks in 16 games last year, in exchange for a lousy top 5 pick this year.
    Posted by unclealfie

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

"Considering Michael Holley only knows about basketball and doesn't even do a good job at that, I'll wait to hear it from Mike Reiss..." Well considering the Micheal Holley wrote one of the best Patriots book I have read so far and the fact that Mike Reiss works for ESPN and is a puppet I am going to go with what Holley said. How you came to the conclusion that Mike Holley knows nothing about football I have no idea. Mike Reiss is a D bag.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

Thank You MVP, I was about to go APE Shite but I waited to see if anyone took care of it 1st. That is in reference to Michael Holley not Reiss, perhaps Reiss went to Espn to change the ways of the evil empire.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Wow, look at all the love for Ty...   He's really gonna try hard to get back now....I mean maybe losing big Sey had something to do with it, and the attention was not on Sey anymore, and the fact he played hurt...Jeesh!
    Posted by patsfan76

Yes Patsfan because of the posts on this forum he won't "try hard to get back" you have been full of priceless posts today. Please don't go off on me like you did to Clark's son earlier...actually go ahead that was your best stuff yet.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vinniedonuts1. Show vinniedonuts1's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren out for year?? : Why? What the heck does a trade before the start of last season have to do with anything this season? You make deals with the teams best interest in mind at the time you make the deal and also with the future of what you "expect" to be the case. Quite certain they did not know TY would get a potentially season ending hip injury in training camp this year. If you have a crystal ball can you tell me what the lottery numbers are gonna be. I could always use some xtra cash.  ...and maybe let the Pats borrow it as a replacement for the lost videopgraphy. That sounds like the same kind of logic people use to say a guy who ends up with a unexpected medical issue after being drafted is a bust. IMO, a player who can play but ends up having a career ending injury, or health issue is not a bust. A bust is a player who is perfectly healthy and just can't play a lick and is out of the league for good in one or two years.
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ

08-15-32-38-45 pb 16

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

f*ck the 4-3, it is good sometimes but not as our base. The Pats run a 3-4 and I would bet my life that they will continue to do so even if Warren is hurt. How many times have fans talked about making the switch to a 4-3 and then watched as the Pats continue to use the 3-4? Every offseason it happens and every year they are wrong. They might play some 4-3 but they wont switch their base, the entire D is built around the 3-4 so switching at the last minute would be dooming this years team.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life

In all honesty, I didn't even know Holley wrote that Pats book, and should have done research before I said that...

I just hate Celtics Now and think he always sounds stupid on tv, so I apologize...

But I stand by Mike Reiss...he knows his stuff...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

And here it is- he is done.  And Burgess activated.  THATS the part I am wondering about.  Nothing to do about Warren now.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

Sections
Shortcuts