Ty Warren placed on Injured Reserve

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Ty Warren placed on Injured Reserve

2. Mike Reiss MikeReiss Patriots announce that DE Ty Warren is placed on season-ending injured reserve. Team reinstates Derrick Burgess to active roster.
  3. Ian R. Rapoport RapSheet Ya dig? RT @realpatriots: Patriots reinstate LB Derrick Burgess to active roster, place DE Ty Warren on IR with a hip injury. #fb
  4. New England Patriots realpatriots Patriots reinstate LB Derrick Burgess to active roster, place DE Ty Warren on IR with a hip injury. #fb

• You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: Ty Warren placed on Injured Reserve

got a link?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TroyBrown80. Show TroyBrown80's posts

its on the main BDC pats page now.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

look on the bright side, at least Warren will have time to finish his degree! Why wasn't this major injury dealt with in the offseason?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

Honestly, Ty is a good player, but he has dissapointed big time the last few years.  I do not think we will miss him all that much.  Wright will step in. and we will go get either Schobel or Ogunleye. 

He didn't play last night and the rush looked better than it did all of last year. no coincidence.

much like the O-line looked better than it did all last year without kaczualty

• You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckfairbanks. Show chuckfairbanks's posts

I don't see why they can't go to more 4-3, especially if they can land Shobel.  Burgess was a 4-3 DE.  Wilfork and Wright can be DTs.  Rotating in would be D. Lewis, G. Warren, Pryor, maybe Brace.  And Guyton is a more natural fit as a 4-3 OLB since he doesn't have the length for 3-4 OLB or strength for ILB.

Seems to solve their lack of 3-4 personnel, i.e., OLBs and now DEs.  I'm not sold on Wright as a full time replacement for Ty Warren.  He got steamrolled when replacing Ty last season but was good at collapsing the pocket from the DT position in 4-3 aligments.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

warren isnt a pass rusher. he's a run stuffer and he's there to tie up blockers. he's played hurt a lot the past two years, but when he's healthy he is a very good player. he also was one of the few guys left who has a lot of experience in this defense. i think this is a major loss. 
    and schobel plays a different position, so whether or not he comes here isnt going to solve the 3-4 DE. it will be a mix of the other warren, wright, pryor, lewis, and maybe one of the rookies....and maybe...ron brace. not exactly seymour and ty warren in their primes!

In Response to Re: Ty Warren placed on Injured Reserve:
    [QUOTE]Honestly, Ty is a good player, but he has dissapointed big time the last few years.  I do not think we will miss him all that much.  Wright will step in. and we will go get either Schobel or Ogunleye.  He didn't play last night and the rush looked better than it did all of last year. no coincidence. much like the O-line looked better than it did all last year without kaczualty
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Link?
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Warren is done for the year: http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nfl/news/story?id=5461855; and http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/08/13/ty-warren-is-done-for-the-season/

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I fail to see how losing your starting DE drives people to the opinion that we need to run with more linemen in a 4-3??? We just lost depth not gained. By losing Ty we gain the ability to have 4 guys down with their hands in the dirt???

I would argue if we lose Mayo or Spikes we should consider a base 4-3 but not if we lose a D-linemen.

Ok, so Burgess came in to camp, THAT is a positive story.  I'm actually happy to hear that, the Warren thing sux, but there are DE's out there, and with Burgess back, at least we are somewhere.

Sorry, the link stating that Burgess reported friday and passed his physical is here

• You have chosen to ignore posts from chuckfairbanks. Show chuckfairbanks's posts

[QUOTE]I fail to see how losing your starting DE drives people to the opinion that we need to run with more linemen in a 4-3??? We just lost depth not gained. By losing Ty we gain the ability to have 4 guys down with their hands in the dirt??? I would argue if we lose Mayo or Spikes we should consider a base 4-3 but not if we lose a D-linemen.
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying they gained depth.  What I'm saying is that the personnel they're currently left with is more suited to a base 4-3.

To reiterate: Burgess's former position is 4-3 DE; Pryor 4-3 DT; Wright better as 4-3 DT than 3-4 DE based on last year; Brace unknown but may be a better 4-3 DT; Guyton better as 4-3 OLB.  And if they get Shobel, he is also a better fit as a 4-3 DE.  G Warren and D Lewis as 3-4 DEs might be adequate replacements for Seymour and Ty Warren but you never know.

The Pats D was already thin at OLB and now is thin at DE if they stick with a 3-4.  To me, realigning to a 4-3 seems to maximize the skill set of the current personnel.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

[QUOTE]Honestly, Ty is a good player, but he has dissapointed big time the last few years.  I do not think we will miss him all that much.  Wright will step in. and we will go get either Schobel or Ogunleye.  He didn't play last night and the rush looked better than it did all of last year. no coincidence. much like the O-line looked better than it did all last year without kaczualty
    Posted by btownteamsrking[/QUOTE]

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

Ty Warren has been a HUGE disappointment the last 4 yrs. We won't miss him and can you think of a game breaking play he has EVER made in a Pats uniform?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

To be honest, Ne has played without him so often the last four seasons, that (although he is very good) this isn't a crushing loss. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from JDonalds75. Show JDonalds75's posts

But, in playing without TW in the past, Jarvis Green was available to fill as well as Seymour.  The depth available in the past is not here this year.

It doesn't work that way. One Green was a sub-package player anyhow, so it is insubstantial.

The loss of Seymour hurt this defense. Period. But he can't play two spots on the field so again, insubstantial. 

My basic point is that Warren value added over his replacement isn't off the charts. He is replaceable. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from bobomul. Show bobomul's posts

It's very difficult to impliment a whole new defensive system midway through training camp. They've been teaching all the players on the Pats brand of 3-4 and it would be a major disruption to try to have them relearn a new system now.

That said, the Pats have mixed in the 4-3 in the past and will continue to do so.  Warren had his worst season of his career last year (only 46 tackles and 1 sack) so his production can be replaced. 

It's had to see a quality defensive mind like BB not being able to utilize an elite athlete like Shobel in some way or fashion.  Hopefully they will up their offer and sign him. 

3-4 to 4-3 is overrated. There is not nearly the difference between the two that most people assume. Practically speaking you can do anything in either package. 

Running 43 would mean bringing on an extra ILB, like Guyton or McKenzie, and having the TBC and Cunningham drop to the ground. That said, Wright, Fork, and G.Warren should be a fine 3 man front. Again, this team already took the hit when it lost Seymour.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

As much as everyone likes to pretend it isn't, this is a huge blow to the defense. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from btownteamsrking. Show btownteamsrking's posts

you know we do use 4 down line men in the nickel package. -for the fans who want to play a 4-3.  Although we are a "3-4" team, we have a lot of player packages and formations. 

Ty going down doesn't help, but it is far from a crushing loss.  Maybe I expected too much of him, but I really haven't seen much from him for the last 3 years.  This is inpart due to the fact he is always injured. 

There are other options out there.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

They'll stick with Damione Lewis or get someone from the waiver wire. 

There is no way that a Bill Belichick ran defense will ever run a base 43. They don't even have the OLBs for a 34

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

The 1's looked pretty good to me last night.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Tough loss although Ty has been less effective last few seasons.  Big Vince is going to have to earn that money this year.  Gerard Warren looks like he is going to be good in this D as well.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]It doesn't work that way. One Green was a sub-package player anyhow, so it is insubstantial. The loss of Seymour hurt this defense. Period. But he can't play two spots on the field so again, insubstantial.  My basic point is that Warren value added over his replacement isn't off the charts. He is replaceable. 
    Posted by zbellino[/QUOTE]

The problem is that at "this point" we are back to square one in some respects post Seymour.

We were looking at a solid and most likely solidified Wilfork , Warrenx2.

Lets say Warren handles other Warrens duties quit admirably, probably not that difficult since Ty had been playing hurt for a year and a half and many (not you) seem to forget how good he played when healthy. So that spot could be an upgrade.

However that leaves us, at this point, where we left off in the playoffs. Unless Lewis steps up, he may yet. Pryor makes a huge leap, but he's more a nose than an end cause he does not have the length. Deaderick or Brace come out of no where or they get another not currently on the roster some how... One DE spot is a ?.

I like Wright and Pryor but they are more like jarvis Green and good rushers and do not hold up well during "extended" play at end as starters. They wear down. At  least they certainly have in the past when having to fill that role for any length of time.

Just my opinion

• Sections
    Shortcuts