Ty Warren Released

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sday4x4. Show sday4x4's posts

Re: Ty Warren Released

In Response to Re: Ty Warren Released:
    How amzing it is that the mantra changes from "Our DL will be great, we're getting Ty Warren back" to "Yeah, no big deal"
    Posted by McCheaters

here we go again.........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

How amzing it is that the mantra changes from "Our DL will be great, we're getting Ty Warren back" to "Yeah, no big deal"
    Posted by McCheaters

For someone who does not like the Patriots, you sure are spending are spending a lot of time on our boards :-)

I guess it is far more exciting to be here than in the Jets forum :-)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't think releasing Ty has anything to do with us switching base defenses. We'll just plug in GWarren, Deaderick, Brace or Love and compete. I've read they have been testing Love at DE, although he is not ideal in terms of 3-4 DE size.

Ty's release is 100% health related...nothig about money as some have pointed out. To say the "defense is going in a different direction", is a just a nice way to say, "Thanks but no thanks Ty..it was real..have a nice life".

also, I don't see us bringing in Osi. He doesn't seem to fit our scheme. My bet, if we sign another DL, is possibly bringing back GWarren. He has familiarity with our system now, and actually played pretty well last year. Surprisingly well.

Question is how we use the $5.3M saved by clearing 3 roster spots? Personally, I don't think it has to do with Mankins or Light. Mankins long term deal can be worked without cap space I think, and actually if they do it, it will free even more money up for us. Light I think is a done deal.

$5.3M...any guesses?....usual suspects...Roth, Lawson....unusual suspects, Channing Crowder, Osi, Hali in trade....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Posted by McCheaters

So what a few people say is the mantra for the entire board?

Who were the ones saying.."Or DL will be great, we're getting Ty Warren back"?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I think it's a huge deal. It changes my whole perspective on Haynes completely.

Before it was no risk since we had Warren on the line so if they dumped Haynesworth no big deal. Now that Warren is gone it means we have to rely on Haynesworth to fill Warrens role and to me that's putting a lot of trust into Haynesworth. But of course they could go out and grab someone but the market is shrinking fast. I think G Warren might be the best person to bring in but I'm really starting to worry about this line now.

The really do need to get another OLB and now shore up the DL with another big body that can start or at least get some insurance against Haynesworth so they don't have to rely on him

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Posted by McCheaters

THis is the first thing I have ever read by you that is not BS. THis does not make them any worse than last year because Warren missed the whole year. But he was their best DE on paper coming into camp. So I am not happy by this.

I still believe the D will be a real strength of this team. But not happy about Warren situation.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

in

Warren: 'I appreciate our journey together'

Posted by Shalise Manza Young, Globe Staff  
    July 29, 2011 04:12 PM

I spoke briefly with Ty Warren about his release, and while it is possible that a couple of the other veterans released today - possibly Alge Crumpler or Nick Kaczur - might re-sign with the team for less money, it is pretty clear Warren will not be returning.

"I am definitely not mad about my release," he said. "I appreciate the Patriots and our journey together, and I appreciate the Krafts for drafting me in 2003 and providing an opportunity.

"I look forward to doing bigger and better things. I look forward to going to another contending team this fall."

A league source confirmed that Warren failed his conditioning test, but it was because he pulled up with a hamstring injury during the conditioning test, not because of his hip. Warren had surgery last August to fix a labrum tear in the joint, and was placed on injured reserve.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Interpret this guys...
     "...If a player is cut or traded now, their entire salary cap hit comes off the books for 2011. The old “June 1″ rule applies."

If I'm reading this correctly, I think it means that the entire 2011 cap hit, or $5M+ for TWarren comes off the books for this year...does this sound about right? THat is a huge difference from $200k if I'm reading it right.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

What a difference 24 hours makes.  People were posting how this could be the greatest D-Line ever!!!!  Now Warren is gone and Haynesworth still HASN'T passed his physical or conditioning test.

People keep saying oh we will just plug in brace and G Warren.  Brace has been an underachiever since he got here and is STILL on the unable to perform list.  G Warren isn't even signed!!!!

What if haynesworth is a bust and doesn't get out of camp.  This could easily turn into a nightmare real fast.

Maybe they shouldnt have been so fast to release Stroud unless they felt he was a total bust too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

If that's true Lifer that makes a whole lot more sense. But, from what I've been hearing all over the place is minimum savings.  If it is true though that means between TBC, Kaczur, Warren, and Crump we have almost 20mil coming off the books

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Don't like it. They saved almost nothing on the cap by doing so.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I didn't read the CBA, but just picked it off PFT
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/29/a-note-on-salary-cap-savings/

Yeah, $20M would be quite huge. We could basically do all sorts of things tonight and over the weekend.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kenato. Show kenato's posts

In Response to Re: Ty Warren Released : This was my initial thought as well.....I guess we'll find out soon enough!
    Posted by jeffab

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I didn't read the CBA, but just picked it off PFT http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/29/a-note-on-salary-cap-savings/ Yeah, $20M would be quite huge. We could basically do all sorts of things tonight and over the weekend.
    Posted by PatsLifer

Great news!  Let's start the signings! In an hour.....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Well if its 20 Million total, we can do quite a lot. I would even venture out and say that Nnamdi Asomugha would not be out of the question, not that I expect BB to go after him seeing as we have DMC, Bodden and Ras-I.

Matt Roth/Manny Lawson or possibly an offensive lineman( some one to replace G S. Neal) would make a ton of sense.

Or maybe BB is looking to trade for someone again? Honestly, when it comes to BB, anything is a possibility as he is very unpredictable( I mean, who here thought we would go for Albert H.?)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I don't know on the cap hit for Warren. I'm reading contradictory stuff on how Warren's money counts against 2011. Some places I see $5M, some places I see $200k. At the very least, we have $5.3M to spend with the combined savings of Kaczur, Warren and Alge. This doesn't count anything that was left on the cap before the cuts.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Hopefully this means Light is coming back. If Solder is forced to start from day 1, I was at least comfortable with the fact that they put Alge over there to help him out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman2. Show Patsman2's posts

You guys are a riot with all 20 million and lets go sgin some FA's.  The money they are freeing up is for Haynesworth and Ocho and possibly bringing back light. 

Oh and did you forget they HAVEN'T signed there top draft picks yet. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

I don't know on the cap hit for Warren. I'm reading contradictory stuff on how Warren's money counts against 2011. Some places I see $5M, some places I see $200k. At the very least, we have $5.3M to spend with the combined savings of Kaczur, Warren and Alge. This doesn't count anything that was left on the cap before the cuts.
    Posted by PatsLifer

Well, 5.3 million is enough to get Roth or Lawson IMO, and I'm sure we would all love to see BB get either guy in here as both have the potential to be decent additions and contributors to a pass rush that has been anemic for a long time now.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmk. Show tmmk's posts

sorry to see T Warren go.... i did question why he choose school over football?  Then when he came back to football he needed surgery.  So if he was cut because he wasn't healthy or wasn't living up to expectations of the Pats.  They better re-sign G. Warren.  I don't want to rely on Albert...ugh.. Maybe the Pats had to make a choice between T Warren and some younger players with lots of upside

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

Ty was one of my favorite players.  A true trench player that always did what was asked of him without so much as a grunt, and he did it well.  I was so looking forward to seeing him back out there...

Not liking this move one bit, and I agree with an above poster that this greatly effects the the level of the "no big deal if he doesn't work out" with Albert, because now yes, it would indeed be a big deal. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

didn't see this one coming but don't know what warrens condition really is after the injury. either way belichick knows what he's doing and always has a plan.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from schwank. Show schwank's posts

In Response to Ty Warren Released:
    "Warren, 6-5, 300 pounds, originally joined the Patriots as a first round draft choice (13th overall) in 2003 out of Texas A&M. In his eight seasons with the Patriots, Warren started 92 of 105 games while recording 496 total tackles, 20.5 sacks, four forced fumbles and six fumble recoveries. Warren was a part of the Super Bowl Championship team of 2003 and 2004. He missed the entire 2010 season after being placed on injured reserve with a hip injury." Wow.  This is a bit of a surprise.  I guess BB has something else in the works.
    Posted by tcal2-

Yaah .... Hanesworth

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

TW was a good player. But not a great player, not a difference maker, really.

We went 14-2 without him, and BB noticed that TW's priorities were not focused strictly on NE Pats football.

Not too worried, here.

Sections
Shortcuts