Tyler Eifert surprise pick?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Tyler Eifert surprise pick?

Have to wonder if the Patriots haven't thought about Gronk's health. Surely they have. 

Look, the Patriots need that "X" WR. Big, fast, etc;. Tyler Eifert runs a 4.60 at the combine. At 6'6" and 250 lbs, he could be be a hybrid TE/WR lining up at TE or WR. If we wrap up Sanders I still think they are going for a WR with their first pick. Knowing BB's penchant for TE's, it's never safe to say never about someone like Eifert. Imagine a healthy Gronk and Hernadez lined up as TE's and Eifert as a wideout? Insane. I could see BB turning him into a true hybrid. 

Now, will he be there at #29? Will the Patriots trade down? If he's is there at #29 and the Patriots still maintain that pick, he'd be too good to pass up. Big target. Fast. Fearless. I get pretty excited thinking about this guy in a Patriots uniform. Could the Patriots deal Mallet and move up? I dunno. I've yet to see anyone peg BB's picks before he made them. Eifert is quite a player. It's do-able for the Patriots. If we locked up Sanders and added Eifert? 

At the very least, from a fantasy standpoint, it's scary good to think about. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqJRd3mN01w

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: Tyler Eifert surprise pick?

Eifert is nowhere near the blocker Gronk is.  I think Ballard is more in the mold of someone who can replace Gronk's production as a blocker (although obviously not as a receiver).  We saw this last postseason what happens when we try to run 2 TE sets without at least one dominant blocking TE.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Eifert is nowhere near the blocker Gronk is.  I think Ballard is more in the mold of someone who can replace Gronk's production as a blocker (although obviously not as a receiver).  We saw this last postseason what happens when we try to run 2 TE sets without at least one dominant blocking TE.

Not a blocker. No but, wouldn't utilize him that way. Line him up wide. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

BB seems to have wanted the right combo at TE for about 10 years now.  I think he may have found it in Gronk and Hern.

But with Gronk's injuries of late, anything is possible.  But having all 3 on the field would be interesting.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to mrbungle's comment:

Have to wonder if the Patriots haven't thought about Gronk's health. Surely they have. 

Look, the Patriots need that "X" WR. Big, fast, etc;. Tyler Eifert runs a 4.60 at the combine. At 6'6" and 250 lbs, he could be be a hybrid TE/WR lining up at TE or WR. If we wrap up Sanders I still think they are going for a WR with their first pick. Knowing BB's penchant for TE's, it's never safe to say never about someone like Eifert. Imagine a healthy Gronk and Hernadez lined up as TE's and Eifert as a wideout? Insane. I could see BB turning him into a true hybrid. 

Now, will he be there at #29? Will the Patriots trade down? If he's is there at #29 and the Patriots still maintain that pick, he'd be too good to pass up. Big target. Fast. Fearless. I get pretty excited thinking about this guy in a Patriots uniform. Could the Patriots deal Mallet and move up? I dunno. I've yet to see anyone peg BB's picks before he made them. Eifert is quite a player. It's do-able for the Patriots. If we locked up Sanders and added Eifert? 

At the very least, from a fantasy standpoint, it's scary good to think about. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqJRd3mN01w

It would not surprise me but Eifert is NOT an inline blocking TE. I am surprised he keeps surfacing here as if he is. That is just not what I see him capable of.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Right you are!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Eifert is not a great blocker, but I would put him ahead of Ballard on his receiving ability. he is a very good receiving TE, and getting better in the blocking department. 

In the end, I don't see the pats using 29 on eifert unless the Gronk situation is worse than reported. Even then, bb might roll the dice with Ballard, Hern, hooman and fells. I wonder if Herman has anything to contribute?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If they do draft a TE, Escobar of SDSU is an interesting prospect, as is the kid from UCLA Fauria as I remember is Uncle was a decent TE in his playing days for BB. These two are pass catchers and neither one is adept enough in the blocking aspects of the game, however both can stretch the seam to open the underneath stuff Brady likes to throw. There are other TE's availible in the draft, their skills vary. Never know which way BB goes with it. As for Herman he's a blocking TE..

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Eifert is more of a Z flanker. The X WRs are typically the fast quick outside guys. That being said it would surprise me but I always wouldn't use a first of a pass catching TE and try to convert him to a WR.

However, it's a good premise. Look at a kid named Chris Gragg from Ark. 6'3" 245lb runs 4.5 flat with great hands. He's also a above average route runner as a TE. He could be the TE->WR coversion you are thinking about on Day 3

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Army2LT. Show Army2LT's posts

I think UCLA TE Fauria might be a guy to look at in the latter rounds of the draft.  Maybe our 3rd rounder (if we still have it).

He's tall (6'7") and more than 25% of his catches last year were for TDs (12).

http://www.draftcountdown.com/ScoutingReports/TE/Joseph-Fauria.php

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Action-Jackson. Show Action-Jackson's posts

Sections
Shortcuts