Tyrone McKenzie A++ as far as I am concerned

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Tyrone McKenzie A++ as far as I am concerned

This kid Tyrone McKenzie is exactly what I like to see in a Patriots uniform. I think of all the picks we got this year he will by far be our best selection. His story is touching and real and has made him a better man and a better player. This is a kid who left college twice to take care of his mom which is enough by itself to show what kind of person he is but he was on three different college teams and he was productive on all three teams which means he was able to learn and adjust to 3 different systems which show all kinds of smarts. He is a hard worker who like Tedy Bruschi truely understands the value of the money he will make in the NFL. You will never here about this kid spending crazy money or partying it up on the town. he will do nothing but work hard and take care of his family and what else can we ask for? I am not saying he is the second coming of Mayo from last year but i think he could be and i think he will be a Patriot for years to come. Does anyone else love this pick as much as me? If not explain what your deal is cause this kid is a perfect Pat.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

Re: Tyrone McKenzie A++ as far as I am concerned

hopefully

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I honestly think we are all set at the MLB spot for years. Bruschi can retire with otu worrying about the teams future at that spot. Gary Guyton was a good MLB last year and i think we have something great with Tyrone McKenzie. And I have always liked Bo Ruud as well so he could be in the mix too.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

They also added Antonio Appleby. He'll be in the mix to make this team. VERY good signing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Thats just another good pick up, every year people say we need to draft linebackers, whether it be at inside or outside backer and i just think so anymore. I think our inside backers are set for years to come and i think if Crable and or Redd can make an impact then our OLB will be set for the short term. And we are all set at CB and Safety now. Geez what will people b*tch about next year with all these spots filled up?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

McKenzie is a high energy guy who is all over the field.  He seems to be in the right place all the time.  We all know the high character story. 

He was playing a little lighter than the 243 he played at this year.  I wonder if he can carry a little more weight as a pro.

I think he is a steal.  I am a South Florida alum so I will be pulling for this guy.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjxg. Show mjxg's posts

this is the kind of kid that makes you wish every NFL player was like that. i think he's my favorite pickup of the draft for us, with Bulter a close second (I'm from CT originally so I'm a big UConn fan!).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I agree he was by far my faverit pick up in the draft. Last week we were talking about how players like Thomas Jones who hold out for big bucks when they are already making millions makes us all sick and then we get this kid who had to work a night shift at a motel just to help his mother pay her bills, he knows teh value of having to work a real job with sh*t pay so he will never take his contract for granted. This is the kind of kid i wish every Pat could be. Butler is good but this kid is a steal.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]this is the kind of kid that makes you wish every NFL player was like that. i think he's my favorite pickup of the draft for us, with Bulter a close second (I'm from CT originally so I'm a big UConn fan!).
    Posted by mjxg[/QUOTE]

Go Big East.  Hey, McKenzie wore #27 same as Hobbs.  Bad omen for Hobbs. I guess McKenzie will have to wear 50 to 59 though. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

The "touchy-feely" stuff is all well and good. Scratch just about anybody you meet and underneath you'll find someone who has faced adversity. I agree with ricky as far as that goes. What I like to see, particularly on defense, is a guy with a barely-controlled mean streak.

Time will tell.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Grogan77. Show Grogan77's posts

I'm most happy about how the Pats drafted, they drafted probably(just guessing) in the 2nd and 3rd rounds then any other team, which was very smart.  This tactic was the best at hitting on at least a couple of player(most likely more).   I also like the Mckenzie pick, but we have to wait awhile into this season and next to see if he's the real deal. 

The best example would be Matt Cassel, during his four years with NE most fans couldn't understand why this guy kept making the team.  After last season, many of us were wondering why the Pats didn't get two first rounders for him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ricky1554atl. Show ricky1554atl's posts

[QUOTE]Thats just another good pick up, every year people say we need to draft linebackers, whether it be at inside or outside backer and i just think so anymore. I think our inside backers are set for years to come and i think if Crable and or Redd can make an impact then our OLB will be set for the short term. And we are all set at CB and Safety now. Geez what will people b*tch about next year with all these spots filled up?
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

I am very excited and anxious to see Guyton, Crable and Redd this year. With a year under their belts...maybe that's why Bill didn't go after one of the big names in the first round.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

[QUOTE]This kid Tyrone McKenzie is exactly what I like to see in a Patriots uniform. I think of all the picks we got this year he will by far be our best selection. His story is touching and real and has made him a better man and a better player. This is a kid who left college twice to take care of his mom which is enough by itself to show what kind of person he is but he was on three different college teams and he was productive on all three teams which means he was able to learn and adjust to 3 different systems which show all kinds of smarts. He is a hard worker who like Tedy Bruschi truely understands the value of the money he will make in the NFL. You will never here about this kid spending crazy money or partying it up on the town. he will do nothing but work hard and take care of his family and what else can we ask for? I am not saying he is the second coming of Mayo from last year but i think he could be and i think he will be a Patriot for years to come. Does anyone else love this pick as much as me? If not explain what your deal is cause this kid is a perfect Pat.
    Posted by MVPkilla[/QUOTE]

Tas,

Having seen him play for USF, I am very happy to see McKenzie in a Pats uniform. If he makes the team, the thought of having him and Mayo playing side by side as ILB's on a 3-4 defense will mean havoc on our opponents' offenses.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

Good story, but more important highly productive player in multiple systems.  100 plus tackle seasons at 2 different schools in big conferences.  Listed as a plus athlete with coverage skills.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I mean streak is good Pmike but its not everything. I understand that kids all over the country have storys like this, but how many of them over come it to become NFL players? This is a kid who was able to have 100 plus tackles in more then one defense which is something pros do not college players. this kid to me is set aside from teh rest. I honestly think he could be a starter at inside backer by the end of year 1 thats how good i think he is. If this kid had stayed in college all 4 years and been as productive as he was he would have been a 1st round pick but he was in and out so much that he slipped. And I find it hard to beleave that anyone who goes through what this kid went through wouldnt have a mean streak, you better beleave he has a chip on his shoulder and a mean streak to go along with his humble lunch pail and hard hat attitude. He is a very good fit for this team and i am so high on this kid right now i think he was by far the best player we selected in this draft. He is going to be yet another story of how BB finds great talent in the later rounds. This is not a kid who simply has a touchy feely story thats getting him ink in the paper this is a kid who yes had a touchy feely story but was also a very productive player in college and a guy you know will never take anything for granted. To me he is the perfect fit for this team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from deluxbury. Show deluxbury's posts

He is a great story but I admittedly haven't seen enough of him personally to guess if he'll tear it up for the Pats.  I certainly hope he does! 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

There are a lot of guys who have things like this and decide to leave school or can't handle the pressure.  This kid made some tough decisions had a plan and executed his plan regardless what anyone thought.  He had his family first and didn't care where he played as long as he could take care of his personal responsibilities while still attending school and working to help at home.

This shows a guy who will not quit and can analyze a situation.  He will be a very good LB for us, I'm glad we got him and can't wait to see him make that first tackle.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Exactly this is a kid who could have given up on his dreams at any time and he didnt. He was able to take care of his family and go to school. He knew it would take him longer, he knew it would hurt his draft stalk and he did it anyways. He didnt care if he got drafted in round 7 or round 1 he just wanted to make it happen and he did. He was always around the ball in college and he was able to be active in three different systems that is not easy for some pros to do and he did it in college. That show his smarts and his football IQ. This kid could be the best kid we picked in the draft thats what i think.

Sections
Shortcuts