U have guns....We have a CANNON

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Re: U have guns....We have a CANNON

Update:

Caserio on Cannon by Mike Reiss

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – Quick hits from Patriots director of player personnel Nick Caserio’s news conference with reporters:

Marcus Cannon update
    . “I think he’s still kind of going through his process. He looks great. He’s done everything he’s been asked to do to this point. I think we’re all optimistic. I don’t think we’re going to rush into anything. I think we’re going to kind of let that timetable run its course. He’s here. He’ll be here. I think there are a few more steps along the way that he’ll have to take care of. Marcus has been great, he’s doing great, he’s in good spirits. We’re optimistic. … The most important thing is for him to be healthy. Whenever we get to that point, when he’s ready to go, then we’ll begin working with him. It’s good to have him here, it’s good to have him around the team. He’s moving in the right direction. Things look promising to this point, but I don’t want to jump ahead too
    far.”

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

In Response to U have guns....We have a CANNON:
    ....man I said on draft day that this kid was the STEAL of the 2011 draft......Loving how the number 5 is already playing a big roll .5th rounders for Ocho and AH,Cannon a 5th rounder.....and this 5th of Whiskey that will help me celebrate the opening of free agency!!! CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by leatherhelmet

"playing a big roll" - how? where?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Nick Caserio Press Conference Video - 7/31/2011

http://www.patriots.com/media-center/videos/Nick-Caserio-Press-Conference---7312011/31331507-1d97-41c1-a798-f1f681153ee1

At the 7:45 mark, Caserio goes into detail about Cannon's progress.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatFanInBA2. Show PatFanInBA2's posts

gotcha - thanks.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

P.S.S.S over under for N.E wins is 9.5.........um

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

Update on Cannon from the Hearld's Ian Rapoport:

Ian R. Rapoport

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

My numbers have New England at -7.2 points vs. Miami, but I'd better add a couple of points to that because of New England's strong rookie/second year/free agent/IR class and few offseason losses vs last year's starters.  I continue to have the Patriots at about 15-1 this season, better than their 14-2 last season with many blowouts against good teams.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

6-5, 358 pounds, feet like Ali, kicked cancer dead in the taint and is ready to play NFL football. What's not to love about this kid!!!!!
     Imagine the NEW locker room with Faulk and THIS GUY walking thru on a daily..... Add Brace, Dowling and a hopefully improving McCourty to the mix and Fkin A right its getting better!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In Response to U have guns....We have a CANNON:
    ....man I said on draft day that this kid was the STEAL of the 2011 draft......Loving how the number 5 is already playing a big roll .5th rounders for Ocho and AH,Cannon a 5th rounder.....and this 5th of Whiskey that will help me celebrate the opening of free agency!!! CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by leatherhelmet

If he were your daddy, you'd be a son of a gun.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Glad to see so many of you FIRED UP !!!! about marcus cannon... i´m also very exited about this guy...

The next three games are difficult for him to comeback and make his NFL debut, but later on we are gonna play vs Colts, Redskins, Kansas City, Miami, so he can get rolling and ready for the postseason.

imagine this guy healthy and ready to go as a 3rd TE or G and blocking for the Law Firm & the rest of the RB.

go pats !!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

In Response to Re: U have guns....We have a CANNON:
    In Response to U have guns....We have a CANNON : If he were your daddy, you'd be a son of a gun.
    Posted by CubanPete

.....If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle...........

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from myaim45. Show myaim45's posts

I'm certainly excited to see if he can be good or not.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

There was never a question of whether or not he'd be any good. He was one of the top rated players at his postion and only the discovery of cancer caused him to slide. Even at the 5th round some were saying it was a reach.....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rainbowroosie. Show rainbowroosie's posts

I hope he plays well enough to make a TV movie about his life story!!Smile

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

In Response to U have guns....We have a CANNON : "playing a big roll" - how? where?
    Posted by PatFanInBA2

Line up opposite 357 pound Cannon and you will take a big roll, with Cannon on top of you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

04/04/2011 - Top offensive linemen: 6. Marcus Cannon, TCU, 6-5, 358, 2, Cannon doesn't have the physique of a player TCU teammates would quickly identify as one of the best athletes on the team, but he can scoot once he gets moving. If draft grades were assigned based on weight-room numbers, Cannon would be first in line. He owns several program records for power lifts and his natural strength is evident when he gets his hands on defenders. Cannon's weight gives some potential investors pause, but he has been durable and has the frame and game to warrant a first-round pick if a team gives him a year to grow within the structure of an NFL offense. Scouts have said he must become more assignment-sound, but he's naturally athletic for his incredible size and won't be easy to overlook. His future is likely at right tackle. At worst, he's a candidate to be the next Leonard Davis, a college tackle who converts to guard and dominates with his sheer size, mass and overwhelming strength. - Jeff Reynolds, The Sports Xchange Projected 2nd RD, 50th Overall to SD or Pitt Pats selected him in Round 5.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Good scouting info King, thanks for posting!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

04/04/2011 - Top offensive linemen: 6. Marcus Cannon, TCU, 6-5, 358, 2, Cannon doesn't have the physique of a player TCU teammates would quickly identify as one of the best athletes on the team, but he can scoot once he gets moving. If draft grades were assigned based on weight-room numbers, Cannon would be first in line. He owns several program records for power lifts and his natural strength is evident when he gets his hands on defenders. Cannon's weight gives some potential investors pause, but he has been durable and has the frame and game to warrant a first-round pick if a team gives him a year to grow within the structure of an NFL offense. Scouts have said he must become more assignment-sound, but he's naturally athletic for his incredible size and won't be easy to overlook. His future is likely at right tackle. At worst, he's a candidate to be the next Leonard Davis, a college tackle who converts to guard and dominates with his sheer size, mass and overwhelming strength. - Jeff Reynolds, The Sports Xchange Projected 2nd RD, 50th Overall to SD or Pitt Pats selected him in Round 5.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

not sure how meaningful the stats are at this point, especially in light of non-Hodgkins lymphoma.

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/pdq/treatment/adult-non-hodgkins/Patient/page1

The question is, what type of treatment did he receive, what kind of effect did it have on his body, and how well is he recovering? Until he's on the field and actually performing - the question of whether he was a good choice or not won't be determined until he's back on the field.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bradythebest. Show Bradythebest's posts

Great News! Wonder if he can be our future center! If he can work in center and dominate, our OL is set for next 6-7 years! We can concentrate on defence in the draft and speedy WR!

Good Luck Canon!

Sections
Shortcuts