UCONN!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

UCONN!!!!!

Huskies!!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Re: UCONN!!!!!

Final Four, Baby!!!!!!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

So stoked!!!!! I really wanted to put them far in my bracket but wussed out and didnt. 

So glad they are proving me wrong!!!! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

could care less about them, hated Calhoun and his high and mighty hypocrisy. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Lots of friends in CT over the years, so I wish the Huskies well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Had to post this when both men's and women's teams made it their respective final four.  Kevin Ollie's done a hell of a job this year and Geno Auremma is, well, Geno Auremma.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Huskies!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

I know that the Big East has been reduced to just a shell of what it once was, but it's still good to see one of it's former standard bearers do well. I can't stand the Big 10 and, especially, the ACC.

Go Huskies!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Amen to that!  It was great seeing Calhoun watching the games with Rip Hamilton and then chatting with Andy Katz after the victory over Michigan State.  Calhoun recruited a lot of these guys so I'm sure he's stoked.  Been a great run.  Feels like 2011 all over again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

Final Four, Baby!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

they are on an unexpected but great run

tough one next week vs FLA and Billy Donovan (perhaps the most underrated big coach out there)

UCONN women doing their usual thing-Geno Auriema is one of the greats in any era

still I think Fla-Wisc would be a fantastic Final

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

could care less about them, hated Calhoun and his high and mighty hypocrisy. 

[/QUOTE]

???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

they are on an unexpected but great run

tough one next week vs FLA and Billy Donovan (perhaps the most underrated big coach out there)

Ah yes...Billy Donovan. He is a bit underrated. 

I remember Billy's playing days as a point guard at Providence College. He had a great run as a player under Pick Pitino, taking the Friars to the Final Four in 1987. Obviously, he was listening to what Pitino was teaching. Billy "The Kid" later became Pitino's top assistant at Kentucky, and he rest is history.

Providence College has had some great guards play for them over the years, in Donovan, Gary Bello, Joey Hassett, Jimmy Benedict, Vic Collucci, Jimmy Laranaga, Mike Riordan, Ernie DiGregorio, Jimmy Walker, Ray Flynn (yes...the former mayor of Boston was quite a ballplayer in his day), Vinny Earnst, and Kevin Stacom. They also have produced, and/or have been the proving grounds, for some great coaches, such as Donovon, Petino, Laranaga, Dave Gavitt, Rick Barnes, and Joe Mullaney. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cyberknot. Show Cyberknot's posts

On Wisconsin!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

Huskies!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Congratulations UConn...who made the Florida Gators, who have won 30 straight games, look like a very ordinary team. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Huskies!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

Congratulations UConn...who made the Florida Gators, who have won 30 straight games, look like a very ordinary team. 

[/QUOTE]

Uconn  was the last team to beat them clear back in December.  Uconn has their number.

But Monday night, GO KENTUCKY!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Great game and impressive comeback by UCONN after being down big early.  Florida simply couldn't handle Huskies' back court and Daniels came up huge.  Key to the game, IMO, was went Ollie went small.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Great game and impressive comeback by UCONN after being down big early.  Florida simply couldn't handle Huskies' back court and Daniels came up huge.  Key to the game, IMO, was went Ollie went small.

It should be a classic battle of UConn's guards v. Kentucky's size and atleticism, in the finals. John Calipari is the Nick Saban of college baskerball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

Huskies!!!!!!

shocked they beat Florida..

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kentucky has the size, and the power to controll the backboards. But I really like UConn's guard play. It should be a great game tonight! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Ollie is a great coach, has his team playinmg it's best ball when it counts...but so does Calipari...

It should be a great, great game...my heart is with the Boston Homie Napier, he's playing as well as Walker did the last time UConn shocked the world, so I'm hoping UConn goes all the way...

Besides..Calapari will just reload with 5 more HS All American freshman again next year!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ollie is a great coach, has his team playinmg it's best ball when it counts...but so does Calipari...

It should be a great, great game...my heart is with the Boston Homie Napier, he's playing as well as Walker did the last time UConn shocked the world, so I'm hoping UConn goes all the way...

Besides..Calapari will just reload with 5 more HS All American freshman again next year!

[/QUOTE]

Shabazz Napier will have accomplished something a lot of college players didn't. He might have 2 NCAA championships and graduate from college. I think he goes in the 2nd round of the draft. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kentucky has the size, and the power to controll the backboards. But I really like UConn's guard play. It should be a great game tonight! 

[/QUOTE]

Totally agree and the contrast should be something to see. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

ANYBODY but Kentucky. PLEASE!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]
    Shabazz Napier will have accomplished something a lot of college players didn't. He might have 2 NCAA championships and graduate from college. I think he goes in the 2nd round of the draft. 

[/QUOTE]

what makes you say that?

Napier has the same measurables as Trey Burke, has a better basketball IQ and is just as dangerous a scorer as Burke and even in the passing department if not the nod goes to Napier on that too.

Burke went Top 15 last draft after having almost the same exact season stats as Napier and leading his unlikely Michigan team to the title too...

Napier is going top 20 atleast

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

The key to tonights game is rebounding and figuring out a way to not get killed down low.

Napier and Boatright will be just fine vs. the Harrison's imo and can score on them and defend them well as they have every other good guard combo they have faced this season. Harrisons arent anything special. they both get cold easily and make stupid mistakes. one of them is just clutch, thats all. yes they have length so did UF's guards. Napier and Boatright will defend and hopefully they are hitting their shots.

My worry is matching up with the 3,4 and 5.

I don't really like Giffey on Young mainly because an athletic Prather who cant even shoot, scored 14 on Giffey saturday. Young can hit the deep ball but is just as dangerous on the drive. Thats a bad matchup for us.

Then, the X-Factor, DeAndre Daniels will seemingly have to cover Julius "Tank" Randle... One is a 6'9 beast, the other a 6'9 stretch PF... If Daniels plays Randle he can easily get into foul trouble which pretty much turns UConn's offense into just guard play.. He needs to stay out of foul trouble. Same with Brimah and Nolan. Dakari Johnson, Alex Poythress, or that Lee kid can all ball too and they are threats inside which can easily put Uconn's weak frontcourt in trouble.

I expect Ollie to draw up the same defensive scheme as they did vs. Michigan St vs. Payne.. The moment he touches the ball in the post you double and force someone else to make the play. This way Daniels avoids foul issues and Randle cant take off.

Napier and Boatright also do a great job of forcing the issue on offense which gets the opposing guards to pick up cheap fouls. Napier/Boat have gotten Keith Appling and KAsey Hill in foul trouble by being aggressive with the rock.. they need to do that bcz outside of the Harrison boys UK doesnt have much depth at G. all their depth is at PF/C.. get the G's in foul trouble by attacking and you take an advantage.

A huge X-Factor on offense tonight needs to be either Neils Giffey or Brimah.... Giffey was hitting his shot earlier in the tourney and all season which leads to a potent offense when Boat/Napier are attacking. He's been cold in the elite 8 and final 4 but if he can hit those big open 3's he gets its huge. IF not him then Brimah needs to play big. No foul trouble and scrore 10-12 would be amazing. They cant rely on Daniels to be hot again or even Boat.. They can always rely on Napier though.

Gonna be a real toguh matchup.. Need to hit open shots tonight and make the most of every possesion.. Good thing is we have two great game managers in Boat/Napier who run the offense down and get good looks constantly..

Napier needs to look to shoot early and often. he likes to pass too much imo and his teammates F up.. find your shot/attack early and pressure UK.

Go Huskies

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

what makes you say that?

Napier has the same measurables as Trey Burke, has a better basketball IQ and is just as dangerous a scorer as Burke and even in the passing department if not the nod goes to Napier on that too.

Burke went Top 15 last draft after having almost the same exact season stats as Napier and leading his unlikely Michigan team to the title too...

Napier is going top 20 atleast

[/QUOTE]

Maybe maybe not, right now he's looking like a 2nd round pick. I hope he does go high.