UCONN!!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: UCONN!!!!!

In response to ANONMD08's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe maybe not, right now he's looking like a 2nd round pick. I hope he does go high.

[/QUOTE]

he looks just like Trey Burke 2.0 right now.. and Burke went top 15.... no way Napier drops outside first round or even top 20 imo after this month's stretch

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

UCONN is an outstanding free throw shooting team. you know if it gets down to crunch time you know who's hands the ball will be in. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The key to tonights game is rebounding and figuring out a way to not get killed down low.

Napier and Boatright will be just fine vs. the Harrison's imo and can score on them and defend them well as they have every other good guard combo they have faced this season. Harrisons arent anything special. they both get cold easily and make stupid mistakes. one of them is just clutch, thats all. yes they have length so did UF's guards. Napier and Boatright will defend and hopefully they are hitting their shots.

My worry is matching up with the 3,4 and 5.

I don't really like Giffey on Young mainly because an athletic Prather who cant even shoot, scored 14 on Giffey saturday. Young can hit the deep ball but is just as dangerous on the drive. Thats a bad matchup for us.

Then, the X-Factor, DeAndre Daniels will seemingly have to cover Julius "Tank" Randle... One is a 6'9 beast, the other a 6'9 stretch PF... If Daniels plays Randle he can easily get into foul trouble which pretty much turns UConn's offense into just guard play.. He needs to stay out of foul trouble. Same with Brimah and Nolan. Dakari Johnson, Alex Poythress, or that Lee kid can all ball too and they are threats inside which can easily put Uconn's weak frontcourt in trouble.

I expect Ollie to draw up the same defensive scheme as they did vs. Michigan St vs. Payne.. The moment he touches the ball in the post you double and force someone else to make the play. This way Daniels avoids foul issues and Randle cant take off.

Napier and Boatright also do a great job of forcing the issue on offense which gets the opposing guards to pick up cheap fouls. Napier/Boat have gotten Keith Appling and KAsey Hill in foul trouble by being aggressive with the rock.. they need to do that bcz outside of the Harrison boys UK doesnt have much depth at G. all their depth is at PF/C.. get the G's in foul trouble by attacking and you take an advantage.

A huge X-Factor on offense tonight needs to be either Neils Giffey or Brimah.... Giffey was hitting his shot earlier in the tourney and all season which leads to a potent offense when Boat/Napier are attacking. He's been cold in the elite 8 and final 4 but if he can hit those big open 3's he gets its huge. IF not him then Brimah needs to play big. No foul trouble and scrore 10-12 would be amazing. They cant rely on Daniels to be hot again or even Boat.. They can always rely on Napier though.

Gonna be a real toguh matchup.. Need to hit open shots tonight and make the most of every possesion.. Good thing is we have two great game managers in Boat/Napier who run the offense down and get good looks constantly..

Napier needs to look to shoot early and often. he likes to pass too much imo and his teammates F up.. find your shot/attack early and pressure UK.

Go Huskies

[/QUOTE]

Also, the reason UConn got this far is because of nat=like defense and attacking the rim which leads to quicker into the bonus which equals automatic points for Napier/Boat/Daniels/Giffey.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

I am with Tex on this one. Been a big fan of the Big East (for probably about two decades). What kills part of the lustre of winning the tournament for me is that now you just need an exceptional recruiting class to contend because it is one and done for most of the great players in the final four. This is Calipari's modus operandi at UK IMHO.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

UCONN is an outstanding free throw shooting team. you know if it gets down to crunch time you know who's hands the ball will be in. 

[/QUOTE]

yeah just added that to my keys.. didnt see your post.

the key is attack, attack, attack. go at Randle, get him in foul trouble get to the line early and often and make those bi#ch brothers uncomfortable with the ball

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Shabazz Napier will have accomplished something a lot of college players didn't. He might have 2 NCAA championships and graduate from college. I think he goes in the 2nd round of the draft. 

If Napier plays well tonight and the Huskies win, he'll go in the first round, easy. He's deadly from outside of the 3-point line, is an outstanding ball-handler, a great FT shooter, and plays pretty good "D". The only thing working against him are his height (6'1"), and his somewhat slight build. He could be another Tony Parker. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Shabazz Napier will have accomplished something a lot of college players didn't. He might have 2 NCAA championships and graduate from college. I think he goes in the 2nd round of the draft.

[/QUOTE]

If Napier plays well tonight and the Huskies win, he'll go in the first round, easy. He's deadly from outside of the 3-point line, is an outstanding ball-handler, a great FT shooter, and plays pretty good "D". The only thing working against him are his height (6'1"), and his somewhat slight build. He could be another Tony Parker.

[/QUOTE]

I see Napier as a mid to late 1st round pick.  He's certainly got the quicks for it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Coach Cal (and Camby) brought UMass to the Final Four.

Go Kentucky!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to mellymel3's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ollie is a great coach, has his team playinmg it's best ball when it counts...but so does Calipari...

It should be a great, great game...my heart is with the Boston Homie Napier, he's playing as well as Walker did the last time UConn shocked the world, so I'm hoping UConn goes all the way...

Besides..Calapari will just reload with 5 more HS All American freshman again next year!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed...he's carved out a place as a great college guard

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Ya UConn!  Never thought I'd say this about a basketball coach, but Kevin Ollie is a freak-show of a Great Coach.   

My alma mater too.  Excellent education, exceptional standards for everything...  Parents can do far, FAR worse than sending their children to The University of Connecticut.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Ya UConn!  Never thought I'd say this about a basketball coach, but Kevin Ollie is a freak-show of a Great Coach.   

My alma mater too.  Excellent education, exceptional standards for everything...  Parents can do far, FAR worse than sending their children to The University of Connecticut.

[/QUOTE]

My son graduates from there in May. Great school

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Napier just shot up draft boards. He produced when it counted

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

F it, C's trade Rondo draft this kid

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Napier might be able to be gotten with the Celtics 2nd pick

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

you just said hours ago he was a second rounder

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

F it, C's trade Rondo draft this kid

[/QUOTE]

He might be a good choice depending who we grab with our first pick. The kid got range!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

[QUOTE]

He might be a good choice depending who we grab with our first pick. The kid got range!

[/QUOTE]

Not even that. He brings the leadership role that is missing in the C's (cough... Rondo.. cough Green.... cough) and he also can shoot (cough Rondo) and has a great IQ and good passer and quality defender.

Only thing one could say is a flaw, is height. but he is same size as Burke and Burke is doing fine this season

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Napier earned his spurs as a first rounder tonight, and throughout the tournament, against the best talent college basketball has to offer.

Put him or Boatwright on Kentucky, and nobody would beat those Wildcats. All Kentucky lacked this year was a point guard. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

Coach Cal (and Camby) brought UMass to the Final Four.

Go Kentucky!

Kentucky played much better defense when they went to their zone. But, poor free throw shooting did them in (13/24...54 percent). That said, add a good point guard to this Kentucky team, and no one would beat them.

I feel badly for those Kentucky kids. Several of them were Texas kids, and all of them played hard. But, can't feel too sorry for them. Several of them will be making huge money soon in the Association.

Here's the boxscore: http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/boxscore?gameId=400551234

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Congrats UConn!! Another championship for an original member of the Big East. Take that, ACC!! 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to LazarusintheSanatorium's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

My son graduates from there in May. Great school

[/QUOTE]

My son and daughter-in-law are UCONN alums.  Excellent engineering program. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Congrats UConn!! Another championship for an original member of the Big East. Take that, ACC!! 

[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear!!

Man am I feel grainy this morning but it was worth it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Man am I feel grainy this morning but it was worth it.

Me too. I recorded the game, rather than watch it live, so I could watch it in about an hour, rather than sit through 2.5 hours, and have to put up with all those annoying commercials..

Even though play at times was sloppy, it was an exciting game, in which there were several eye-popping, athletic plays made by both teams, that made staying up a bit late well worth it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from RushThePillPopper. Show RushThePillPopper's posts

Now the UConn women have to win to make it a double. I loathe everything ND sports. They are like the Cowboys...."amurka's" team with overexposure

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Only college game I watched all year, and now I know why. It looked like a hs game.Then again UK was all freshmen and it showed

the passing and spacing were horrible. It was almost all one on one. How many passes did UK make that were only about 6ft? The college brand is greatly reduced if either these teams won the championship. Every year is worse. Calamari.s offensive schemes sux. UCs offense was all small guards making jump shots

IMO most of the questionable calls went UCs way. Like the steal and then him falling on the UK player waiting for the ball, and saying the then defender couldn't get under the guy coming down with the ball. Stupid call. if UK had made one go ahead jumper they might have won.

I did see a few great athletes and some great defenders, but not really great basketball players. Uconn  guards are too small for the nba. The best UK player could only go left. The other I am not too sure about. I just didn't see one nfl all star.

These two teams lost 17-18 ? games between them. Pretty bad.

The Ncca , along with the one and done, have ruined the game. Teams are now playing 40 games. how did March Madness end up in mid April? Simple the regular season is meaningless so they need more TV games. 

Didn't care who won, but I find the march madness more hype than good basketball. The Nba is a little that way too. It has become a 3 pt league. Passing is becoming a lost art. just my opinion.