Uh-Oh - Texas Pat and Kiper In Trouble

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: Uh-Oh - Texas Pat and Kiper In Trouble

In Response to Re: Uh-Oh - Texas Pat and Kiper In Trouble:
    [QUOTE]EUgene Wilson was not a project out of Illinois in 2003. He was simply converted to S out of the blue, or BB knew it all along that it would be where Wilson was playing. Tavon WIlson is not a "project". BB has specific plans and this could not be any clearer. Just admit you look dumb for being a knee jerk dork on draft night. It happens, but it unfortunately happens way too much here.
    Posted by CliffordWasHere[/QUOTE]

I couldn't help but notice that you didn't respond to the fact that you lied, or at least were mistaken, about Mayock being shocked over the Wilson pick. Is Mayock looking dumb, and guilty of being a "knee jerk dork" on draft night?

LOL!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh-Oh - Texas Pat and Kiper In Trouble :      I couldn't help but notice that you didn't respond to the fact that you lied, or at least were mistaken, about Mayock being shocked over the Wilson pick. Is Mayock looking dumb, and guilty of being a "knee jerk dork" on draft night?      LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

He's a serial liar. No shock there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh-Oh - Texas Pat and Kiper In Trouble : No, I didn't. I didn't even like Meriweather or the pick.  If you want, I'll post an email I have from 2007 during the draft when I was talking about that pick with my friends.

Oh that would prove it beyond doubt. Because nobody could fudge something like that, eh genius?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 1guy1sharp. Show 1guy1sharp's posts

LMFAO @ Crusty Rusty. Yea you didn't like the Meriweather pick. You have only been calling him the 2nd best FS in the NFL for years. It was a bad pick and the guy was terrible here. BTW how's that "2nd best FS" doing these days? As for the TW pick. It's a wait and see approach at this point. BB never says anything bad about any of his players. He always talks up his guys. As he should. Would I have taking him there , no. I'm not arguably the best coach and gm over the last ten years. The guy has built the best team in all of sports. If he thinks the kid can play and contribute , that's good enough for me. On another note I haven't been this excited about a Pats D in years. This D will have a completely different look and feel. Health is obviously the biggest concern/factor here. We need guys like Chung , Ras , Mayo and Spikes to play a full 16. If we have some continuity the sky is the limit.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]...I haven't been this excited about a Pats D in years. This D will have a completely different look and feel. Health is obviously the biggest concern/factor here. We need guys like Chung , Ras , Mayo and Spikes to play a full 16. If we have some continuity the sky is the limit.
    Posted by 1guy1sharp[/QUOTE]

Amen, brother! BB did a great job in round one of last years' draft, in moving up to land would-be studs, Chandler Jones and Dont'a Hightower. If the Pats can get anything out of Wilson and Bequette, that's just gravy!

But, as you correctly point out above, Chung, Ras-I, and Spikes must stay healthy. Also, the poor play of CB Devin McCourty is a major concern:

"Devin McCourty is not off to a good start in camp. After enduring a rough sophomore campaign, McCourty has been average so far and then had a really rough time on Friday. He was consistently beaten during red-zone coverage drills, and it looked even worse because he wasn’t turning his head around to spot the ball. McCourty needs to start picking it up or else Sterling Moore – who has shown the best ball skills by far – could earn a shot at lining up with Kyle Arrington and Ras-I Dowling." http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE] "Devin McCourty is not off to a good start in camp. After enduring a rough sophomore campaign, McCourty has been average so far and then had a really rough time on Friday. He was consistently beaten during red-zone coverage drills, and it looked even worse because he wasn’t turning his head around to spot the ball.
    Posted by TexasPat[/QUOTE]

As I pointed out during last season, not turning around was his biggest issue by far. Why he suddenly couldn't do that is a mystery, but, his better work at safety might be explained by that factor as well. More plays in front of you from the safety spot.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh-Oh - Texas Pat and Kiper In Trouble : I can only tell you what I heard and it could be all BS floated out there by the Pat's but rumor has it that McCourty played a good portion of the season with some type of shoulder injury.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

That might explain his poor play last year. But, he's still having issues in coverage, now. Are you saying that he may be still hurting?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh-Oh - Texas Pat and Kiper In Trouble : I can only tell you what I heard and it could be all BS floated out there by the Pat's but rumor has it that McCourty played a good portion of the season with some type of shoulder injury.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]

So the bum shoulder prevented him from turning his head?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]TP/Babe, Like I said it could have been something floated out there by the Pat's or possibly McCourty's agent. The only way we will know is by his level of play this year.
    Posted by jri37[/QUOTE]
    It's no rumor, he missed two games because of a shoulder injury.  What exactly was wrong with his shoulder wasn't revealed by the Pats but it was reported to be a separatd shoulder.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

TexasPat went on the war path over this pick. It almost makes you think that he has some other issues, but I digress it good to see him stand out.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Uh-Oh - Texas Pat and Kiper In Trouble : Yeah, right. Meriweather as a reserve Pro Bowl FS 2 years in a row means I said he was the "2nd best" FS.

BB cut him dum bass. Anybody with a brain, which leaves you out, knows he didn't deserve to go to any pro bowl.