uh oh ud6 gomer just lost his starting left tackle

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

uh oh ud6 gomer just lost his starting left tackle

I guess the jesters are the only ones who dont know how to manage the cap...

but hey gomer got his 90 mil

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Re: uh oh ud6 gomer just lost his starting left tackle

In Response to uh oh ud6 gomer just lost his starting left tackle:
    [QUOTE]I guess the jesters are the only ones who dont know how to manage the cap... but hey gomer got his 90 mil
    Posted by jcour382[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter. Bill Polian has scheduled a meeting with the NFL Rules Committee, in which he'll demand the implimentation of a new rule...for player safety, of course.

Before initiating a pass rush, DEs must first count one-mississippi, two-mississippi, three-mississippi, four-mississippi, five-mississippi.        

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

the loss of Johnson was tough.  He was a great utility player who managed at LT for the bust Tony Ugoh.  He was not projected to be in that spot this year.  Possibly RT or a Guard.  Costanzo will take the LT spot.  The colts re-signed their resident revolving door RT - Ryan Diem.  We'll see how the rest flushes out, but I don't think Manning's contract is the issue.  If Brady's worth 18 per, so is manning. 

The issue with the likes of Kelvin Hayden who the colts way overpaid. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

Tom Moore is on the practice field with my Jets.  hope he can help with the red zone efficiency.  THANKS UD6!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Eagles got mudd.  jets got Moore.  But hey - you don't have caldwell!!Frown

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Red head.  You are a goat.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lippa. Show lippa's posts

Its pretty sad  with all these colt and jet threads latley on here!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: uh oh ud6 gomer just lost his starting left tackle:
    [QUOTE]Its pretty sad  with all these colt and jet threads latley on here!
    Posted by lippa[/QUOTE]

Why is it "sad"...when the Colts and Jets are the Pats' greatest rivals? How many more threads can we start on Albert Haynesworth, and Ocho? There are some significant things going on in the league which don't involve the Patriots.   

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]No one wants Caldwell lol
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

Tell me about it.  It may be the end of the line for the colts.  Complete coaching change over the past couple of years.  Polian's son takes over as GM although Daddy is still pretty much in charge. 

Color me concerned.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Costanzo is the guy anyway, but it's a risk just like if Solder would have been expected to protect Brady's blind side in a 5 week camp after missing mini camp. But, yeah, expect more releases like this with teams over the cap coming out of the Lockout.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing[/QUOTE]

Maybe Castonzo is "the guy"...and maybe he isn't. Who knows...until he actually takes the field. As of yet, he has not signed.

Indy Colts' Stampede Blue Blog is pretty upset with the Colts' failure to resign Johnson. Here's their article, with, of course, my comments interlaced in bold black, therein:   

Without Charlie Johnson, the Colts MUST Sign Free Agents on the Offensive Line

www.stampedeblue.com/photos/without-charlie-johnson-the-colts-must-sign-free-agents-on-the">Indianapolis Colts center Jeff Saturday, left, unloads pillows as the NFL football team reported to training camp in Anderson, Ind., Sunday, July 31, 2011.  (AP Photo/Alan Petersime)

Alan Petersime - APwww.stampedeblue.com/photos/without-charlie-johnson-the-colts-must-sign-free-agents-on-the" class="has-data-cap">More photos »

1 day ago:Indianapolis Colts center Jeff Saturday, left, unloads pillows as the NFL football team reported to training camp in Anderson, Ind., Sunday, July 31, 2011. (AP Photo/Alan Petersime)

Just when I defend the www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/indianapolis-colts" class="sbn-auto-link">Colts restraint and patience in free agency (my three previous articles), they turn around and make me look like a fool. By letting www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2801/charlie-johnson" class="sbn-auto-link">Charlie Johnsonwalk as just reported by BBS, they've stabbed us (particularly www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2807/peyton-manning" class="sbn-auto-link">Peyton Manning) in the back (neck??) and returned the line into a state of tumult and flux

Charlie Johnson wasn't a top tier tackle, but his absence will make it feel like he was. He was the ultimate team guy and utility lineman who could be counted on to step up and play any position on the line.The whole reason Peyton Manning took less money was to ensure the Colts could sign their own and improve the offensive line after an ugly season. (Did Peyton really take less,since he's making $23mil. per year, for the next three years? Thus far, the Colts have lost Johnson, CB Kelvin Heyden, and LB Clint Sessions through free agency.) I would imagine that he thought the Colts were intent on fortifying the line and I am pretty sure he was planning on having Johnson around.. 

Early indications of the drafting of Castonzo and Ijalana indicated the Colts were serious about finding solutions. A starting offensive line of Castonzo, McClendon, Saturday, Ijalana and Johnson was beginning to look very promising. Given Peyton's quick release time - something that would really help cover for rookie mistakes - the Colts line could have quickly developed into a strength by midseason or earlier. 

Now? Questions abound (True. There's no telling how Castonzo and Ijanana will perform. Remember how well former high Indy OL draft picks, Tony Ugoh and Mike Pollak, fared? This is the reason why the Patriots resigned Matt Light...rather than take a chance that Nate Solder could step right in at LT).  How the Colts let Johnson get away is a total mystery. Indy is famous for rewarding its own and Johnson has been as loyal as any, playing all 73 career games for the Colts and starting the last 54. More importantly, Johnson was versatile, anchoring four positions on the line when injury demanded him to do so.

For a team that thrives on continuity and especially given how poor the rest of the line was last year, Johnson heading to Minnesota is devastating. This latest departure may be remembered as "the one that got away," a key cog in the line who Peyton trusted to protect his blindside. 

Just like that, the Colts line is once again the Colts' biggest question mark heading into the offseason for - I don't know - the 19th straight year. This posting was originally going to be about what corners the Colts could add, now it will focus on what linemen the Colts NEED.

Let's hope the Colts have a replacement up their sleeve. Fortunately there are several good right tackles still unsigned. (Really? Who are these "good tackles" remaining?)  

Star-divide

www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/3201/alex-barron" class="sbn-auto-link">Alex Barron, formerly with the www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/dallas-cowboys" class="sbn-auto-link">Dallas Cowboys:

At 6'8'' 318, Barron is a big boy. Originally drafted to be the www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/st-louis-rams" class="sbn-auto-link">Rams left tackle of the future, Barron never worked out and eventually moved to the right side of the line. After leaving St. Louis, Dallas tried to settle in Dallas but never found his rhythm and didn't gel with the team (common theme with the Cowboys). (that's a nice way of saying that Barron sucks). A year later Barron is testing the free agency market. Give his pedigree he will probably ask for more than its worth. Now that Johnson has bolted, the Colts may be willing to pay the higher price. 

One downside is that Barron's playing style reminds some of www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/19074/tony-ugoh" class="sbn-auto-link">Tony Ugoh. (I rest my case). Not a flattering comparison, especially in Indy but rest assured Barron would be a comfortable upgrade. 

www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/18948/ryan-harris" class="sbn-auto-link">Ryan Harris, formerly with the www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/denver-broncos" class="sbn-auto-link">Denver Broncos:

A product of Notre Dame, Ryan Harris has developed into an upper-tier offensive lineman for the Broncos. Know for his run blocking, Harris is more than adequate in the passing game and would be a great fit opposite Castonzo at the right tackle spot. Best of all at 26 his best years are still ahead of him and he could anchor the right side for the remaining of Peyton Manning's career. (Harris is injury prone, and overrated. If he was so good, why would the Broncos, who have plenty of cap space, let him go?)

www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/1844/jeremy-trueblood" class="sbn-auto-link">Jeremy Trueblood, formerly with the Tampa Bay Bucs:

Trueblood has an intimidating vampire like name to go along with his intimidating aggressive play. Born in Indianapolis, playing for the Colts would be a homecoming for Trueblood who has played his first four seasons in Tampa Bay. Not only is Trueblood a physical power tackle who would protect Manning while also opening larger holes for Addai (do we need that...), Trueblood is also an extremely durable player having missed only two games (both last year) in four years. Given that our offensive line always seems to be hurt and guys shuffled in and out (a reason why Johnson was so valuable), Trueblood's presence would add a strong continuity to the unit. Like Harris, the Colts should be able to convince Trueblood to protect Manning for the rest of number 18's career, were he to sign with Indy. For an offensive lineman, there is no higher honor (another reason why Johnson leaving is strange). (Trueblood got beat out by James Lee in Tampa last season. "No greater honor " than to protect ol' Horseface? Gag me with a spoon!)

www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2746/chester-pitts" class="sbn-auto-link">Chester Pitts/ www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/2318/sean-locklear" class="sbn-auto-link">Sean Locklear formerly both of the www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/seattle-seahawks" class="sbn-auto-link">Seattle Seahawks:

Both players are over 30 so neither is a long term option. Depending on how quickly the free agent pool dries up however, the Colts might be forced to find a short term steady fix for the next year (possibly two). Both players are veterans in Seattle which has long had a reputation for developing quality offensive line units. The advantage of signing of the two would be both players would be able to adapt and catch up to speed more quickly given their experience. Still, if the Colts do end up signing either player, that will be a clear warning that it is a desperate situation (I still cannot believe we kept Diem over Johnson). (His names. Pitts...is a good description of where his career is. Locklear is old, and the Seahawks aren't falling all over themselves to sign him).  

* www.sbnation.com/nfl/players/18989/jared-gaither" class="sbn-auto-link">Jared Gaither, formerly with the www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/baltimore-ravens" class="sbn-auto-link">Baltimore Ravens:

Gaither is already in talks with www.sbnation.com/nfl/teams/oakland-raiders" class="sbn-auto-link">Oakland Raiders, so the likelihood of him even being technically available past tomorrow is unlikely. However, what was supposedly a done deal two days ago, has yet to be finalized so as of now nothing is official. The presumption is Gaither will indeed sign with the Silver and Black. If talks fall through for some reason, Gaither would be a huge steal. Literally. You can't get much bigger than 6'9'' 340. The Colts were interested in Gaither last season and there were even rumors of trade talks. Nothing happened. Oakland is the clear front runner, but if anyone can screw up a good thing its Al Davis and the Raiders (Gaither is out of the Colt's price range, despite the "cap friendly" Manning deal...LOL!!)

Here's a ranking of the OT's who were, and some that are still are, available through free agency: http://walterfootball.com/freeagents2011OT.php 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

[QUOTE]the loss of Johnson was tough.  He was a great utility player who managed at LT for the bust Tony Ugoh.  He was not projected to be in that spot this year.  Possibly RT or a Guard.  Costanzo will take the LT spot.  The colts re-signed their resident revolving door RT - Ryan Diem.  We'll see how the rest flushes out, but I don't think Manning's contract is the issue.  If Brady's worth 18 per, so is manning.  The issue with the likes of Kelvin Hayden who the colts way overpaid. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Nice spin can you say turnstyle??? hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: uh oh ud6 gomer just lost his starting left tackle : Nice spin can you say turnstyle??? hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!
    What regarding Diem?  I thought I said revolving door, but turnstyle will work too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

The only reason we have colt threads on boston.com is because they used to be perennial rivals.  This year they need to win their weak division.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

[QUOTE]The only reason we have colt threads on boston.com is because they used to be perennial rivals.  This year they need to win their weak division.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

Great point Paul!  

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Eh, Gomer has shown that he doesn't need top end offensive lineman to succeed. He is still one of the leagues least sacked QB's and I doubt it will matter who is at LT for Gomer.

Though, it might cause problems, seeing as their owner put the superbowl loss on the oline, and their Oline just got weaker...

Regardless, I think Costanzo will fill in and do well for the Colts.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: uh oh ud6 gomer just lost his starting left tackle : What regarding Diem?  I thought I said revolving door, but turnstyle will work too.
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Not too quick on the uptake are you doggpoop?  Good Lord, a Jets fan just schooled you.  Try this - debate football with a group of Kindergarden kids - you just may, may mind you, come out a little better.  You'd still be schooled, but hey, you need to sit at the kiddie table anyway.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

it really doesnt matter who they put out there ...its trouble and gomer is one neck snap away from being done....

hey ud6.... remember two years ago when i told you this was happening?? the downside of the hill??

you do dont you... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

[QUOTE]it really doesnt matter who they put out there ...its trouble and gomer is one neck snap away from being done.... hey ud6.... remember two years ago when i told you this was happening?? the downside of the hill?? you do dont you... 

Yawn.  One knee shot and Brady's done.  One year removed from his 4th MVP, you present a pretty weak argument about Manning being on the downside.  The last time we heard this bunk was after his bursa sac surgery, and...do I have to say it?  Manning won the MVP that year... 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]The only reason we have colt threads on boston.com is because they used to be perennial rivals.  This year they need to win their weak division.
    Posted by Paul_K[/QUOTE]

as opposed to what?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: uh oh ud6 gomer just lost his starting left tackle : Not too quick on the uptake are you doggpoop?  Good Lord, a Jets fan just schooled you.  Try this - debate football with a group of Kindergarden kids - you just may, may mind you, come out a little better.  You'd still be schooled, but hey, you need to sit at the kiddie table anyway.
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

LOL - Jcour? - you don't know your board personalities do you, gr8?   

Hulka:  "Son, there is no draft no more".  Cruiser (aka Gr8):  "there was one?" 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oh, its UD6.  They need to call this the Tool Shed now.  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]it really doesnt matter who they put out there ...its trouble and gomer is one neck snap away from being done.... hey ud6.... remember two years ago when i told you this was happening?? the downside of the hill?? you do dont you... 

2 years ago?  You mean before the beginning of his 4th MVP year? 

Why would you bring up your obvious stupidity on the subject? 

Do you flog yourself, too? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]Oh, its UD6.  They need to call this the Tool Shed now.  
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I guess since you're here now, maybe. 

Sections
Shortcuts